• Published 9th Nov 2016
  • 257 Views, 4 Comments

The Legend of Winds Requiem (an OC backstory) - HeroOfWinds



This is the detailed backstory behind my OC, Winds Requiem. How he became a hero and learned of his mysterious powers.

  • ...
 4
 257

Chapter 1: The Beginnings of a Legend

Ever since I was a little colt living in Cloudsdale, I had a thirst for knowledge and adventure. My parents barely could keep me in check. I passed basic schooling and flight camp with ease. I was told never to leave the flying city yet as I was to young to make it on my own. As hungry for adventure as I was. I was also not brainless, so I listened. One day our city was visited by Princess Twilight Sparkle herself. She had been travelling Equestria informing everypony about the alternate world she had been to multiple times, where there were apparently other versions of ourselves there, well many ponies had alternate versions. Curious about this alternate world and things about it, I attended her presentation.

Twilight's presentation shared many cool things about the culture of the "human world". She explained many things including the popularity of electronic video games. Now we ponies do have video games of our own, but we just don't tend to play them nearly as much as humans did accotding to Twilight. She had listed out many many popular game series and what they were about and their complexity over our own games. When she mentioned a game series called "something of Zelda" my ears perked up, something about this entralled me. She explained that this was an adventure game where a young boy clad in green explored, fought monsters, and became a hero. Something in my young head just clicked after hearing about this. I had always had a thirst for adventure outside of Cloudsdale and I had yet to earn my Cutie Mark. Maybe my special talent was adventuring or something like that.

The next day I took some of my saved up bits i had from doing chores and other summer jobs and had a green tunic made by a seamstress. I also fashioned a sword and a shield out of some old wood some builders had discarded. I started imagining what it would be like to be an adverturing hero and started practicing ussing the toy sword I made. I felt a small fire within me and I just knew I was doing something to help discover my destiny. My wings had also started to itch and ache if I didnt flap them a bunch, but I just ignored that.

A few weeks later, an organized trip to Ponyville was announced, which I immediately signed up for as I had never been to the surface before. I wore my tunic and brought along my toy sword and shield. I was excited to finally get to explore the surface world and maybe earn my cutie mark! Little did I know how much my life was going to change that day.