• Published 29th Nov 2011
  • 1,243 Views, 10 Comments

A First Glance - Isolation

  • ...
 10
 1,243

Chapter 5

Rainbow Dash gained speed. Zipping from cloud to cloud over the skies of Ponyville, She performed spectacular manoeuvres which consisted of dives, spins and break-neck speeds. “I am the best flyer in Equestria!” she screamed at Ponyville. Rainbow Dash felt good. She felt like herself, a feeling which she had not felt in a long time.

Rainbow Dash prepared for another drag race with herself. Still in the air, she turned around, ready to fly as fast as she could in the shortest time possible. She spread out her wings realising they had small cuts on them.

“How did I-” she paused feeling discomfort. “Ow.” Her wings were feeling sore. How can I be tired already? she said to herself. “I’m Rainbow Dash! I have the stamina of a-” Her eyes widened in horror as she saw a single figure manipulating the weather over town. Furious, Rainbow Dash raced towards the figure ignoring the pain.

“Who are you?!” Rainbow Dash said with a start.
The figure timidly looked toward the rainbow maned pegasus. “Oh, we haven’t met before. My name is-”
“What are you doing?!” Rainbow Dash butted in.
“Oh, uh I’ve been sent from Canterloct to take care of the weather in Ponyville.”
Rainbow Dash hovered higher above the figure. “By who?!”
“The uh…um…Equestrian Weather Bureau?” The figure was already shaking, intimidated by Rainbow Dash.

It all came back to her, that fateful evening when she got fired. All her fury, rage and anger visibly materialized. She hovered higher above the figure noticing that it was already backing away from her. Rainbow Dash delivered all her rage, anger and fury in the form of a powerful hoof swing to the poor pony.

No more than a few seconds later it was clear that the powerful blow had knocked the pony out. Plummeting, the figure disappeared from the skies as it hurdled towards Ponyville. Once it was low enough, the figure disappeared among a patch of trees.

Rainbow Dash felt a brief moment of pride, but soon enough guilt struck her. “What…have I done…?” Slowly approaching the patch of trees, eyes were fixed on her as she lowered herself to the grounds of Ponyville. Everypony had just seen what happened in the sky and were horrified as to how violent Rainbow Dash had become.

Rainbow Dash lowered her head in guilt. All around her she could hear sounds of disgust and worry. What have I become? Just look at me, beating up others for no good reason. She took a good long look at the figure still unconscious. It was a young colt, probably a year younger than herself. An obvious black mark was already forming on the side of his face. Hmmm, he actually looks kind of good… Rainbow Dash desperately tried to get rid of her guilty conscience. …especially with that black eye.

A tugging came from her tail. Turning around, she saw distressed faces of the Cutie Mark Crusaders.
“Listen girls,” Rainbow Dash paused trying to hide the strain in her voice. “I didn’t mean to hit him…that hard.”
Scootaloo broke the silence. “Wow…you rock Rainbow Dash!”
“Scootaloo!” came the synchronized voices of Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom.
“Sorry! It’s just how the way you hit him was so…awesome!”

Surprised by the reaction, Rainbow Dash’s guilt instantly obliterated. “So uhh, what are you fillies up to?”
“We’re on a secret mission!” yelled Sweetie Belle.
“But we can’t tell you ‘cause it’s secret!” screamed Apple Bloom.
“If you don’t mind, we have to go now.” came the voices of all three fillies. “Bye Rainbow Dash!”
“Stay awesome!” Scootaloo managed to yell back.

Feeling a little more at ease, Rainbow Dash turned around to the pony she had knocked out. She was relieved to find he was awake.
“Listen, I’m really sorry that I-”
“STAY AWAY FROM ME!” The young colt screamed in terror before quickly taking off into the distance.
Hmm, he’s a pretty good flyer.

The crowds began to disperse. Rainbow Dash awkwardly looked to the ground waiting to be isolated. She made a face. There was something red on her hooves. Drawing closer she realized it was blood. What? Where did this come from? They felt a little sore also. First my wings now my hooves?
A huge sweep of realisation and guilt struck her.
“Oh no! Fluttershy!!!”

~*~

Fluttershy subconsciously drifted in and out of reality. She tried her best to force her eyelids open but they would not budge. All around her she could hear voices, but wondered where they came from. Where am I? Why can’t I wake up? Why do I feel so cold, but comfy?

Fluttershy tossed to the left feeling more pain. She did not have the strength to yell, only whimper. Just like that Fluttershy lost consciousness and disappeared into the realm of her mind.

Author’s note: There may have been an OC in this chapter. Anyway any comments would help greatly.