• Published 26th Oct 2016
  • 591 Views, 8 Comments

From One End to Another - TheMajorTechie



I don't remember much about what just happened, but I DO know one thing: reality is broken.

  • ...
3
 8
 591

Attacks

The rest of the girls were apparently talking about some sort of recent attack. I don't like eavesdropping, however, and so I never got the gist of it. Instead, I sat for hours in my supposed room, thinking about what was possibly the matter.

Later on, though, Pinkie gave me a brief run-through of the details. The bunker, and the castle it's built upon, were being attacked by a group calling themselves the "Midnight Talons". While she was returning for supplies, Pinkie simply thought it was a good idea to let me in on the details. Almost immediately after telling me, Pinkie vanished.


Shouting. Gunfire. The booming of cannons. I don't know how long it's been since Pinkie had talked to me, but I know that it's now well into the night. All the mares were still absent, the only sign of their presence being the occasional flickering shadow through the barred windows.

They wouldn't risk it. They wouldn't risk me. The moment I had arrived, they had watched over me as if I were their own child. I had concluded that there was apparently something special about me, and after thinking hard about what the "Mirror Portal" fiasco was about, it became clear to me: I was human. The portal led to humans.

My memory had also begun to return, though in small bits. I remember once seeing a children's show with an eerie similarity to the world I now live in, and running it through my mind, I realized something else: We created this world, and now it's being torn to pieces. It just doesn't make sense though, how there wasn't any clear mention of where the portal led to.

I had surmised that the portal led to a world inhabited by humans, and that Twilight had left to work out what went wrong. I'm only hoping that that is the case.

If it is, then it all would make sense; them bringing me in, opposed to any other half-dead creature out there, my own, protective room, the careful guarding of the bunker, it was all for me. Humans created the show, their word, their life. I'm human. It was all becoming apparent now. I am practically their god.


After quite a while of heavy thinking, I had begun to feel sleepy. Once again, I don't know how long it had been, but I knew it was now morning. The girls were all back nearly unscathed aside from minor cuts and scars. The one with the rainbow-hair reasoned that she had an "Awesomeness Shield" that protected her.

It's nice to know that even in dire times, there can always be laughter...

Comments ( 4 )

before I read the story, what is the Dark tag for ?

7698737 It's just the general mood of the entire story. Instead of trigger-happy slapstick humor, the story focuses more on loss, remembering your own past, and the bleak future ahead.

I hope you didn't forgot this fic

7785699 Its the side story to a cancelled fic, and I haven't been in the mood for writing lomger chapters for the past few weeks. I may return to this, i may not. In fact, I'm actually planning a rewrite using the same basic idea.

Login or register to comment