• Published 19th Oct 2016
  • 2,396 Views, 97 Comments

Friendship is Chaotic - Flutters Is Shy



The world of Chaotic and Equestria intermix. Will friendship prove to be... Chaotic?

  • ...
3
 97
 2,396

1- New Creatures Are... Cuddly Looking

Author's Note: Okay, so to start off.
In the show, they on and off again had instances where they would shout out the move names, and other times where they didn't. Both in and out of the game. They never explain that, so in this continuity the move name HAS to be called out in order to activate them. Which means that yes, gagging someone is a legitimate and effective strategy.

To add to that, they never really explain how one comes to develop the ability to somehow shoot metal balls out of ones eyesockets. So lets just curb that bit of logic and say 'they can' and move on. They're powered by 'cothica code' and act like reality altering magic. Lets just leave it at that, and have it just be one of those things no one really questions. Sun shines, birds fly, grass grows, Scout hurts people, and Chaotic moves are powered by cothica code.

There were seven Battledromes, each with their own Codemaster. That's how it always was. At least until recently. An eighth had appeared literally overnight, floating over the city of Chaotic and whipping the player base into a frenzy. Where did it come from? How did they get up to it? What kind of location scans would a player get from fighting a Codemaster of this new Battledrome?

It was slightly odd, seeing as the previous seven Codemasters had built up a system of sorts. Seven Codemasters, the first letter of each name that would then spell out 'Chaotic'. Or alternatively, 'Cothica'.

Both fairly weighty words in the worlds of Chaotic and Perim. Symbolic, in a way.

How would the new Codemaster, Discord fit in?


"What the heck is that?" Tom remarked, peering at the image on the screen. Peyton had been so insistent on having a battle with him, saying that he had 'hit the motherlode of weird new creature scans'. He wouldn't even tell Tom what new creatures he had somehow scanned.

"Oh, that?" Peyton scoffed, waving his hands in such a way so as to indicate that it wasn't 'that big of a whoop'. "Thats just one of my new scans."

"It's... colorful?"

"Heh, you betcha tommy boy! Now, we gonna battle, or just stand around gawking?"

At this, the mechanical voice of the Crellen Battledrome sounded out around them.

"Peytonic Master, seeing as you have challenged the player Major Tom, you have the first attack. Please choose your location."

"Don't mind if I do," the stocky teen blustered, reaching out a finger to swipe at the location wheel he had already loaded with brand new location scans. Tom was gonna be so jealous when he saw all the new locations Peyton had scanned, he would be chomping at the bit to get a scan off of him. And since he had already stored up duplicates of each location, it wouldn't be that bad to give them away for a few substandard scans from the bottom of Toms deck...

"Your first location is... Golden Oaks Library." The outside of a thick girthed tree showed up on the screen before Tom, and he quickly suppressed a scoff. This was... undoubtedly new. It looked like a normal tree at first glance, but second glances revealed that windows were inset in the walls. And it looked like a large door was offset to the side of the picture, barely visible.

"Awesome! Knew putting two of her house would stack the deck. Woulda sucked if double P's place showed up for the first battle. She's all the way at the back of the pack! Not to say that she's weak or nothin'. She's got a buttload of kick ass randomness backing her up, whatcha!!!" Peyton struck a kungfu fighting pose out of nowhere, screeching like an eighties movie star.

"They all look... kinda similar?" Tom noticed, looking over Peytons lineup. They were all four legged, looking like miniature versions of his worlds mundane horses. Whereas they all had suspiciously similar body types -the creatures of Chaotic were always a mixed bag, you might scan an amazonian cat lady one day only to get a scan of a bog wraith with only tendrils of his lower torso left the next- they each had a different body and hair color. The two at the front had distinctly similar body types, seeing as they both had horns jutting out of their brows. Where one was purple, the other had a coat of seafoam green. The third creature that Peyton had set in his lineup made up the back of the triangle, a tangle of pink fuzz and a brilliant wide smile peering out of the scans stylized art.

"They may look like each other, but each one of them has a whole new slew of abilities that is unique to them. But don't let my words be your judge. Stick your face in, and experience it fully for yourself!" With this Peyton quit stalling and reached out to tap the purple furred chest of one of his favorite new creatures. She was no mepedian, but she kicked all kinds of tail with her freaky weird powers! "I attack Tangath Toborn... With Twilight Sparkle!"


It certainly... was a library.

"Books!" came from the slight form of the purple unicorn. She then threw one at the hulking half lion half man beast that was Tangath Toborn.

"Really?" Tom asked, mildly amused. "Is that all she can do? Throw books? Geez, might give Bodel a run for his money if she keeps up the stunning repertoire of attacks..." he joked, crossing Tangaths arms across his chest.

"Just wait, Tom my man," Peyton quipped, a purple haze forming around his creatures horn and subsequently, a myriad of books surrounding them. "You'd be amazed what these ponies can do."

"No way," Tom gasped, "how'd you do that? Without saying anything?" While strictly martial moves were almost ingrained in the creatures muscle memory, special moves that used cothica code to alter the world around them required the creature to call out the name of the attack.

"Ponies, specifically unicorns," Peyton explained inbetween the nonstop pelting of various books as he jabbed a hoof laden limb toward the horn on his forehead, "Can use a blanket energy field called magic. They don't know anything about mugic -not even sure if they can use it-, but magic more than makes up for it! You'd be astonished how versatile this stuff is!"

"Useful..." Tom mused, hunkering down behind his raised arms. "For flinging books, apparently. A shame about that 'not being able to use mugic' thing. Fortissimo!" he called out, a wave of energy spreading around him to ward off the swarm of flying books. It swiftly retreated back into the hulking bipedal lions form, his billowing mane swaying in the turgid wind.

Fortissimo. A specialized temporary use mugic. When used, it caused the castor to grow rapidly in size and strength proportionately. It didn't last long, barely half a minute. But you'd be surprised at how much damage you could inflict in that small amount of time. As Tom was rapidly proving, his outstretched arms tearing holes in the comparatively weak structure of the library.

"Your library card has been revoked!" Tom jibed, throwing his hands above his head before thrusting them outwards, "Torrent of Flames!"

As the effects of Fortissimo slowly wound down, Tom hastily vacated the burning remains of the library to watch it slowly crumble down in the middle of the street.

"Strange," he growled to himself. If Peyton had been in there, the match would have ended by now. They'd be showing up back in the Crellin Drome, and Tom would be boasting over Peytons new scan being so weak...

"Duuuuude," came the unamused drawl from behind him. Tom quickly turned, the last effects of Fortissimo leaving him. Seeing what stood behind him, he stopped.

It looked to be about the same size, but the colors were different. Where the coat color used to be purple, was now replaced by a flame white glisten. The hair on Peytons head blazed with actual fire, the flames twisting in an angry pattern above him. "Shouldn'ta done that, bro. When Twilights stuff gets messed with, she goes through a rage shift! Major power boost. Good for me," the unicorns mouth upturned into a vicious smile. "Bad for you."


"I still can't believe you set yourself on fire."

"I didn't set nothin'. It's a rage shift, tommy boy. When Twilight gets super duper mad, she gets totally stronger! Don't mess with her books," Peyton snapped, the last trail of Twilights form dissipating around him. Peyton had won the first fight, retaliating from the loss of the library with frightening ferocity. The trail of magic he had used left Tom for a loop. Generic energy blasts, to one point where Peyton had forced a mustache to grow on Tangath. The fact that Peyton had then immediately used magic to tie the long trailing mustache to the side of a house -letting him get a slew of free hits in- had only served to humiliate him further.

Twilights diverse magic was truly confusing. It had taken him by surprise, but he wouldn't be taken in next time.

"No use dwelling on it," Tom admitted, his hand already snaking forward to touch his next creature. "Gotta go full bore. Can't keep second guessing myself. Maxxor attacks Twilight Sparkle!"


Tom shivered, revulsion echoing deep in his mind. Knowing what he had in the first match, Maxxor had made quick work of Twilight, simply collapsing the library in on itself from the outside. After that, she had gotten a power boost from the resulting 'rage shift', but Tom had kept the pressure on with an onslaught of Iron Balls. He hadn't let up, and eventually she had fallen. What came with the next battle though...

"Haaaaaaands?" Peyton drawled out, slowly clenching and unclenching his hands in front of him as Maxxors form dissolved from around Tom.

"Stop that," Tom ground out with a full body shiver. "What the hells wrong with that girl? Don't you feel... wrong, doing all that?"

Tom may have won the match, but she had won the psychological war.

"All's fair in love and war," Peyton laughed, holding his belly in his mirth. "If you can't handle the Lyra-stor, then don't have haaaaaaaaaaands," he joked once more. "Lyras a bit of an oddball, but she's a swell gal once she settles down. Welp, only got one left. You ready for a world of hurt, Tommy?"

"I'm gonna pound you into the ground, Peyton. I still have Maxxor, not to mention Intress to back him up."

"Ho ho ho," Peyton laughed, his exclamation obviously fake but laced with an underlying true mirth. "Trust me on this Tom, once you get a facefull of Double Ps' mojo, you're gonna be running for the hills!"

"Won't know till we fight, will we?" Tom shot back, hand reaching up to touch the picture of Maxxor as Peyton reached up for his last creature. "Maxxor attacks Pinkie Pie!"


"How," Tom ground out, the battle short and sour. "I didn't even see you! I was just walking around, looking for you and then I fell in a hole and died! What the heck?!"

"Wooooooooooo~" Peyton let out, slowly slumping down into a tangle of limbs on the floor as Pinkie Pies form slowly left him. "What... a... rush! You would not believe what the inside of her head is like! It's like a never ending storm of energy, coursin' through your gnoggin!"

"That doesn't explain anything," Tom groused, his hand already reaching out for his last creature. "How'd you even set up a pitfall in that short of time? Kiru City is nothing but stone, there's no way she could have dug it all out..."

"Never try to apply logic to Pinkie," Peyton retorted, his eyes still slightly unfocused as he reached out for Pinkie Pie once more. "Ol' P-dubs will take your logic, and make a cake with it."

"That doesn't make any sense," Tom intoned, shaking his head in amusement. There was no point in getting hot under the collar, it was just a friendly game between friends after all.

"Exactamundo, my dear friend," Peyton exclaimed, hand flush with Pinkies image. "Now lets get this done with. Pinkie Pie attacks Intress!"


"Where the heck do you keep getting those pies?" Tom exclaimed, frantically lashing out with Intresses claws in an attempt to stem the flow of the troublesome foodstuff.

"You never know when somepony might have a pie emergency!" came the call of the elusive brightly coloured pony.

"When would anyone have a... wait, did you just say 'somepony'?" Tom questioned, a lull in the hail of fruit filled pastries filling him with worse fear than the unending pies did. What the heck would Peyton do next? He was already unpredictable as all get-out, add to the fact that this 'Pinkie Pie' seemed to be a bit of a prankster much in the same vein as Yokkis and it was a truly frightening combination.

"Well, when in Rome..." came from directly behind him. Tom whipped around, freezing in place when he saw what was waiting in store. The pink tinged pony was right behind him, allright. What she was doing however, was what was confusing. She was sitting back on her hindquarters, a brilliant smile plastered across her mug as she held out a colourful wrapped box. "Here, have a present!"

"Uhhh," Tom mumbled, unsure of how to respond. This proved to be a poor decision, as the lid of the wrapped present burst open with frightening speed and smashed a bright red boxing glove that felt like it was filled with iron into Intresses face. Tom did an impressive flip backward with the force of this strike, however he landed poorly.

"Ooooh, faceplant. Bummer," Peyton laughed.

Tom let out a manic growl, enhanced by Intresses innate predatory nature. "Yeah Tom, just stand there like a statue and wait while she slams you in the face with another prank. Good idea," Tom grumbled to himself. He quickly bared Intresses claws, swiping at Pinkie Pies form before she scampered away with a trail of giggles. "Maybe this'll slow you down. Frostblight!" he called out, gaping his mouth wide to allow a cone of frost to erupt from Intresses maw.

The ray of icy flames licked at the surrounding area, turning the floor into a slippery hazard.

"Ooh ice skating, good idea!" proclaimed the pink pony. Turning his head, Tom was struck dumb once more. Peyton had reached under a rock, and dragged out a quartet of hoof sized ice skates. Which he was now putting on with a flurry of whipping limbs. "Done!" Peyton crowed, the pink pony pushing off at an alarming speed. "C'mon Tom, you gotta try this!"

"What the..." Tom sputtered as he watched the pink blur race away, giggling like a loon. "We're in the middle of a fight!" he called after Peyton. "Whatever. Vine snare!" he called out, green vines erupting from Intresses claws to snag into the surrounding ground. He then carefully stepped back, foot by foot. Eventually the vines were as taught as they were going to get, and Tom let go of the ground with Intresses feet. He rocketed forward, daintily setting one of Intresses paws forward to steer as he swept onward towards the rapidly departing pink blur.

Once he got close enough, he thrust Intresses claws outwards and slammed them down upon the icy coated ground.

"Rock wave!" A torrent of white energy burst from Intresses paws, sinking into the ground before a giant rock burst from just in front of Peyton.

"Didja forget I can steeeeeeeer?" Peyton giggled, making a hairpin turn and sliding away from the upturned rock.

"No, but I think you may have forgotten to keep your skates in tip top condition. Rust Toxic!" a turgid brown cloud burst from Intresses mouth, and collided with the diminutive skates. A horrid sound like scraping two rocks together rang out, sending the pink tinged pony careening away until she slipped... and slammed face first into a rock. "Rock wave!" he called out, directing the attack on target while Peyton was immobilized.


"Awww, no more fun time?" Peyton let out woozily, rocking back and forth on his feet as Intresses form unraveled from around Toms body.

"Major Tom is the winner," The Battledrome intoned, silently adding the win to toms online stats.

"Are you... ok?" Tom asked as Peyton rocked a little bit too far, and fell on his back.

"Super... duper!" Peyton called back, thrusting a thumbs up into the air from his prone position. "Just... need to wait for the room to stop spinning..."

"Man, you really threw me for a loop with that booby trapped present," Tom stated, carefully helping Peyton up as he regained his balance. "But why'd you just skip out in the middle of the fight? Was the chance for some ice skating really that exciting?" he joked, slugging his friend in the arm.

"Sorry, got caught up in the moment," Peyton said woozily, "It was like... well, I guess Pinkie was more interested in playing around than fighting. Got carried away by her mindset. Her minds like trying to conquer a bucking bronco, I swear! One long sugar rush topped off with a whole bucket of ice cream..."

"So, you gonna tell me where you got those new scans from, Peyton?" Tom asked once Peyton looked more stable.

"Heh," Peyton chuckled, shooting Tom a wry look. "Yer never gonna believe this. You know know the new drome drome what's just hanging out above the city?"

"No... you didn't-" Tom cut off, staring at Peytons beaming smile.

"Totally did, got yanked right out of a match in the betadrome and had a little impromptu battle with the Codemaster. Freaky looking guy by the name of 'Discord'. Has like, fifteen different limbs all, awoooohoooooaaaaa," Peyton waved his hands out in front of himself, making what he probably thought was a 'spooky' sound. "Like a demented Frankenstein creation. Anyway! We only did a single battle, and I got totally thrashed. He used this weird three headed dog, and then we faced off in a cavern of some sort."

"Cavern?" Tom prompted.

"Yeah. Weird place. The longer the battle goes on, the more energy your creatures lose. Tartarus, keep that location in yer memory banks. If its the only location in the randomizer, apparently you can make certain creatures lose energy before the battle even starts! So anyway, I went up with one of my mipedian mainstays, all invisible and sneaky like... and the triple threat sniffed me out in a heartbeat! Battle was over before I even really got going."

"Wait... so you lost? How'd you get the new scans then?" Tom asked, confused. Usually, the Codemasters only conceded a new scan if the players showed their mettle and proved victorious.

"Discords totally chill, said I was interesting. Decided to just give me a location scan. Ponyville," Peyton intoned, flicking through his on scanner deck to show off the cards code.

"Sooo..."

"Yep, already went over and got a bunch of dupes. Here you go," he mumbled, pressing buttons until a copy of the location code traveled over to Toms scanner. "I figure you can break in either Sarah or Kaz once you go over and get a few scans. Give 'em a tease before the buffet, ya know?"

"I call dibs on Sarah, she's sure to have a conniption when she sees some of these scans..."


Twilight Sparkle was having... an interesting day.

She'd been having an interesting week, to be honest. A full week had passed since Discord had broken free of the Princesses binds. A full week since bursting out of stone! And they weren't a single hoof step closer to apprehending him than they had been the first day. Not entirely surprising, since he didn't even appear to be on the planet anymore.

Yesterday had been the first anypony had gotten any new news regarding the subject. And it was from an entirely unexpected source. A bipedal, almost hairless hominid by the name of 'Peyton'. He had held an odd device that seemingly took pictures -how, Twilight hadn't the foggiest- he called scans, and had vanished almost the first second she had turned her back on him.

According to other residents of Ponyville, he had first been abducted by Lyra -and a pox on her for having her 'human' mania proven right, she kept coming back and asking if her little 'Pey Pey' had come back yet.-, then rescued by Pinkie Pie, then there were reports of the new human being seen paraded around by the CMC. It was frankly embarrassing, to have so little information when it seemed the entire town had a unique story to tell about the new arrival.

And to cap it all off, it seemed the human had just... vanished. He tapped a button on the small rectangular device he had -according to Applebloom, who claimed he then went poof in a cloud of sparkles- and disappeared.

The worst part was, he had mentioned Discord. The name was familiar to him, but the way he referred to Discord was... worrying. He had called him 'Codemaster' Discord. For anypony to consider Discord their master was worrying enough, but the way he had said it... it was like he wasn't actually his master, but rather like it had been a title for Discord.

What the hay was he up to, and how were they supposed to stuff him back into his cozy stone prison? It was all rather galling.

"Haaaaay, Sparkles! You in here?" called out a familiar voice from the front door. Twilights' head whipped around like a piston, locking on the sight of a familiar biped standing in the doorway. And... another one.

"There's... two of you?"

Author's Note:

Decided to write up a little palette cleanser in between finishing off the rest of the new chapters for my other stories. Still five more chapters to go before I can let loose the deluge as of this time, but whatever. This new story should help with the clog on my inspiration.

So anyway, once you get to the end, leave a comment, tell me what you did or didn't like!~

Oh yeah, be sure to leave a question for whatever character you'd like to respond, I'll be sure to make them give you a response!