• Published 23rd Oct 2016
  • 1,726 Views, 32 Comments

Peace at Last Side Stories: the Trials and Tribulations of King Thorax - Prince_Staghorn



"My subjects, I am Thorax, king of the... um... okay, first act as king- what are we called now?"

  • ...
4
 32
 1,726

Titles

Three Hours After Metamorphosis

In the Badlands, atop the ancient magic fortress, Thorax watched as the ponies, dragon, and Draconequus left. Once they were out of sight, he turned to his transformed subjects.

They all looked at him expectantly. They may have more or less been changelings before the... whatever it was, but they were still half Beebra, so they needed a strong leader to tell them what they should do, or at least felt like they did.

Well, now was as good a time to try a kingly speech as any. He cleared his throat before speaking.

"My subjects, I am Thorax, king of the... um... okay, first act as king- what are we called now?"

This caused a lot of murmuring, and ideas began spouting out at random.

"What about changelings?" suggested one.

"We can't be called that, look at us! If I'm still a changeling, then Princess Twilight's a Diamond Dog!" protested another.

The suggestions became more frequent, as did the arguments, and some were outright ridiculous.

"Rainbowlings!"

"Maylings!"

"Staglings!"

"Maybuglings!"

"Morphlings!"

"Hivelings!"

"Scylings!"

"How about something that DOESN'T end in 'ling'!?!"

"Buggies!"

"Fairy Ponies!"

"Aos Sí!"

"Sheevra!"

"Morph Ponies!"

"Copy Ponies!"

"Can we even change shape anymore!?!"

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it!"

"Love Bugs!"

"Hugglebeebs!"

"Galadays!"

"Wouldn't it be 'Galadies'?"

"I don't know!"

Things were starting to get steadily worse, and Thorax was close to panicking when a voice called out.

"Hey! Why don't we vote on it?"

Everything was quiet, and Thorax quickly took advantage of the lull in the argument.

"That's a perfect idea," he began. "We'll set up a ballot with everyone's choice- except for the 'changelings' suggestion, sorry Kyle- and put it to a vote. You can only vote once, and you can't vote for your own suggestion. Any objections?"

The previously squabbling horde looked around, and seeing no raised hooves and hearing no protests, they cheered.

Thorax sighed in relief. Crisis averted.