• Published 24th Oct 2016
  • 1,141 Views, 42 Comments

Love the Costume, Vinyl! - SkyLovesPie

  • ...
4
 42
 1,141

V. Death

It was warm, wet, and delicious. It was natural. It was right. I drank and drank, until I was sure I would burst. The sensation of feeding was so pleasant, so wonderful that I couldn't stop.

Hurricane groaned, and I woke up from my daydream. Thank Celestia, I hadn't actually been feeding from Hurricane. I knew that she wanted me to change her into what sort of deplorable creature I was, but I refused. I would not take an innocent mare's life the way mine had been.

"How long was I out?" she asked, jolting me from my thoughts and startling me.

"Two, three hours, tops." Another groan.

"Are you... thirsty yet?"

"No," I lied. I wanted to drink every last drop she had right then and there, but I restrained myself. "But if I get thirsty, I'll just hunt in the city. I won't create another abomination to nature." She raised an eyebrow, and stood up. She stretched her massive wings, and then folded them back up, yawning as she did.

"Abomination to nature?" Hurricane questioned, eyebrow still raised.

"We shouldn't exist. Infinite lifespans... that breaks the whole system."

"Yea... I guess so." She didn't sound convinced. "It stopped raining... want me to storm again?"

"Nah, I don't plan on going outside anytime soon." She shrugged.

"Suit yourself," she muttered under her breath. "I'm going for a fly." She turned towards the opening and galloped at full speed. Then, at the last minute, leaped out and spread her wings. They were tilted downwards at a fifteen degree angle, optimizing lift and increasing flight capabilities. My mind calculated this all in a second. I could hear her whoops of joy as she freed herself from the cave's ensnarement.

The hour she was gone passed slowly. It dragged on without ceasing once. Finally, after I had counted all the cracks in the walls at least three times over, Hurricane returned. Her delicious scent wafted in with the breeze before she did. The orange blossoms, the roses, the lilacs and lavender... it overwhelmed me. In such a cramped space and after an hour of no exposure to it, it was intoxicating. I shook off my blood-induced drunkeness, and welcomed her back.

"Uh... thanks?" she said, looking back at the entrance longingly. If I had to guess, I would say that she was in love. With flying.

"Say, I'm getting a bit... woozy. You just smell so good and I just..." I shuddered in revoltion at myself.

"Oh no, it's okay. You want a taste?" she asked, again leaning so that her neck was placed underneath my lips, for easy access.

"Um..." I was losing my willpower to say no. Something inside me- predatory instinct maybe- reared up and took over. I opened my mouth, and let my fangs show. I licked my lips, not exactly sure of what I was doing. What the buck am I doing? half of me shouted. Feed... feel her warm blood rush through you... the other half crooned. I decided that hunger won. I bit down upon her soft flesh, letting my new vampiric instincts take over. I pulled my fangs free of the wound, then returned my lips to her neck, suckling. It reminded me of when I was a foal and I would nurse. I sucked, and with every mouthful of blood, my thirst grew. I drank and drank, and even then I did not stop. When I'd had my fill, I returned to my normal sane state. I looked over Hurricane in horror, mostly of myself. I felt... rather sloshy and content. The hot, sticky blood had oozed down my throat, worsening the burn that had overcome me not a minute ago. I came back to reality and heard Hurricane's screams of pain. Automatically, I knew that the venom that had changed me was now slowly working through her veins. I have no clue where this knowledge came from, but I knew that it was true, that she was changing. Her wounded neck was healing rapidly. On the corner of my mouth, I felt a drop of blood escape, and I licked it away.

I don't know how long she screamed for. A day, two? I couldn't tell. After a while, she slowly stopped, and awoke. In the past couple of days (I think it was three), I had observed her change, her transformation. Her pale blue coat had paled even more so that it was just barely tinted blue. Her eyes had changed colours from cobalt blue to blood red. How fitting. I had watched her mouth especially. Her canines had lengthened to the same size as mine. Her smell still lingered, but it was no longer fresh.

"How many days?" she whispered.

"Maybe three?"

"How long did your take?"

"I don't know. Perhaps three, maybe less."

"Oh." She seemed disappointed. "I feel so... weird. Is this normal?"

"Can you describe weird?"

"There's this heat, this burn in my throat. I want to quench it so bad."

"Yeah, that's pretty normal. Welcome to the world of vampires," I muttered. Why did I have to give in? Why oh why? I looked outside. Luckily, it was raining.

"Remember: No sunlight, no garlic." I said. "And don't die," I added quickly.

"Gotcha," she replied, now excited by her second life.. "Shall we visit Moonlight?" Moonlight. I had forgotten the pale gold-colored stallion.

"We shall."


We trudged through the mud once more, but now Hurricane was galloping at top speed, evidently enjoying herself and her newfound speed. Once, a beam of light had peeked out from the clouds and landed on me, but I cantered away with minor blisters. And even those healed quickly.

"Is it always this fast?" Hurricane asked as she whizzed by for the millionth time.

"As far as I know," I said, bored.

"Awesome!" We kept galloping until we reached Moonlight's house. By then, she was tired of moving like 'an earth pony'. She used the same trick as before to take flight, running into the liftoff.

"Well, well. If it isn't the traitor and the demonic creature from the pits of Hell." called a familiar voice. "I'd welcome you back, but you're no longer welcome here, Hurricane." He spat the last words out. "Oh, and I can't forget Melody, or she'll bite me!" he mocked.

"Watch it. You're outnumbered, pretty boy," I growled, baring my fangs. Hurricane did the same, hissing, her fangs dripping with venom.

"It's the middle of the day. Ponies will see. You can't kill me without showing off your true colours, Dracula One and Dracula Two," he cackled. Strangely, I wanted to stop fighting, to be with him forever. I wanted to love. I shook off these feelings. He would not insult Hurricane, or me, unless he had a death wish.

"Do you want to die?" Hurricane growled, reading my mind.

"It can be arranged," I continued. He laughed, and brought up a flask of liquid. It wasn't garlic, I would've smelled it.

"Come closer and I'll splash you with this Holy water," he threatened. It was I who laughed now. He looked confused. "What's so funny, demon?"

"Surely you don't think that Holy Water, of all things, would kill us," I snickered. "Idiot." He sneered at me, and pulled something out from behind him, not taking his eyes off me or Hurricane, who was still crouching, prepared to feed upon her first victim, and also her brother. As I saw what Moonlight got out, my eyes widened in surprise.

He had a stake.

He was going to stake his own sister.

I lunged, knocking the stake out of his hooves. He began to cry, but fought all the same. He rolled out from underneath my hooves, then circled me, stake back in his grasp.

Evidently, he had forgotten one crucial rule when it comes to fights.

"You're forgetting something," I said as I nodded ever so slightly to Hurricane. He straightened.

"What?" He asked curiously, losing himself for just enough time. Hurricane sprang, hooves outstretched, fangs bared.

"Never let your enemy distract you," I said victoriously. Hurricane fought valiantly, and while Moonlight blocked the frenzied pegasus, she bit him on the leg, just above his canon bone. He screamed as she drank, filling herself as I had done before. I could hear her gulps of blood. Se was enjoying it as much as I had, based on her contented expression. His screams died off as he weakened from blood loss. I yanked Hurricane off of him, and put my lips to his wound. I pursed my lips, and sucked the venom out until his blood was clean. This time, I didn't forget my purpose. Then, I tore the bite marks open so that it looked like a scratch, maybe from a trowel or shears. I threw him over my back, and galloped to the hospital.

Author's Note:

MWAHAHAHAHAHA
MAKE ALL OF THE PONIES VAMPIRIC MINIONS!! :pinkiecrazy:


Anyways, let me know how you liked it :D