• Published 7th Oct 2016
  • 476 Views, 6 Comments

Sirens' Wrath - Arkidonius



A more dramatic, powerful, destructive imagining of the story of Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks.

  • ...
3
 6
 476

Intro: The Vision.

It was loud and crowded in the diner. Outside the moon shown full and bright. Stars filled the sky and the streets were silent. Inside, teens were shouting at one another, some kneeling in the booths to get up close and personal into the faces of the ones their anger and hateful words were directed at. Fights of all kinds were being lashed out from every table, booth, and bar stool. Words of hate, words of frustration, words of pain. Accompanying them were other small booths filled with teens and children. Anger was not the only form the miasma in the air was taking. Some of the patrons were eating lazily from the plates in front of them. Others pushing fries through small piles of ketchup or other condiments. They were looking down, or very depressed. The air was full of negativity and heavy with the weight of unwanted and out of place sadness. In the back of the diner sat three young ladies. They were not young per say, but this was the immediate guise that they assumed. They were dressed in hoodies, all of them the same green color and with hoods pulled over their heads. No one was able to see their heads or faces from under the hoods. The air around them, as well as the aura of the diner, was filled with a green hue; a sparkling magical essence that was only visible to them. Around their necks, just above their chests, hung blood-red jewels. Each one was about the size of ones palm. They were twinkling and giving off a light humming twinkle.

The three girls were chanting. It was a beautiful simple song, it rang out as clear as a crystal chime. If only the teens yelling could hear it, then they would be entranced; moved to show nothing but complete dedication to the ones singing it, with no time or energy to show anything else. As the three girls sang their Siren song, the magical aura hanging heavy on the ground was flowing up into them. Specifically, it was flowing up into their amulets. They sang out the same two verses, three notes each. It would have put any Gregorian chant to shame in an instant, and would have made even the slightest essence of pagan come alive in anyone who could hear. Soon, the air was cleared of the shimmering verde hue, and the fighting had died down to that of a dull roar. Many of the teens had begun to get up and make their ways out of the diner they were seated in. A few even shook their heads, not sure of where they were or what they were doing. The three girls removed the hoods they had pulled up, glaring at one another in an almost angry fashion.

One of the girls, a faint pink skinned human with long pig tails of purple and green held up by silver stared bangles near her head, immediately spoke up. She scowled, and looked like if someone broke her floodgates of angst, it would crush the entire country side. Beside her sat a girl with skin a light grey-blue, her hair flowing into one single aloft pony tail, different shades of dark and light blue made the bluenette look almost innocent and simple, or maybe it was her facial features. She had a sad almost concerned look as she looked at her friend sitting next to her as the emo girl spoke. "That was barely worth the effort Adagio. I am tired of fast food! I NEED a meal..." The girl she spoke to sat alone in the other side of the booth. She had skin of light yellow, her hair pulled up into a LARGE poof behind her, mostly orange with streaks of yellow the same as her skin going down the back. This would be Adagio, there would be queen in this despised kingdom they were stuck in. "The energy is this world isn't the same as in Equestria, we can only gain so much power here." She looked around to make sure they weren't being listened to, and made sure to keep the tone and volume of her voice in check. She tried to read the faces of the others sitting inside the diner with them. Her own face wearing a prideful scowl of dejection.

"AUGH, I wish we had never been banished to this awful place!" The pink girl leaned back and sank down into her seat, crossing her arms and huffing. She fiddled with a little charm bracelet on her wrist. It spelled out the word *Aria* in little silver blocks. It was quite possibly the only whimsical thing about this one. Adagio chimed in with a big smile, saying in the most sickeningly sweet mocking tone, "Really? I love it here!" Immediately following was a face of contempt and disgust.

"...for realsies? Because I think this place is the worst." The girl with the blue skinned bluenette had decided to talk, jutting her thumb out towards the window into the night.

"I think you're the worst Sonata." The one with the purple skin spoke, narrowing her eyes at her dim friend, just a hint of poison on her tongue accompanied that last word. Sonata replied simply, in an almost childish fashion with "Oh ya? Well I think YOU'RE th-"

"UGH!" Adagio had her hand on her forehead, squinting her eyes together with utter disgust for her two lackeys. "I'll tell you one thing, being stuck here with you two doesn't make this world any more bearable." She said the last words through gritted teeth.

*BOOM!*

The night sky was lit up by a pillar of light. Adagio turned her head towards the beam of white blasting up into the now visibly clouded heavens. Her eyes grew wide, the light from the pillar perfectly reflecting off of her eyes and into the window. She stared at it for only a few seconds, but to her it felt like an eternity. Without warning, she jumped up from her seat, startling the others sitting with her. Moving as fast as her unprepared legs could take her, she bolted for the front door of the diner with as much haste as she could muster. Charging almost head first, she extended a hand and pushed open one of the doors, stopping outside just at the edge of the sidewalk. A loud rumbling, like that of a distant and powerful thunder storm filled the air as she gazed up at the shaft of unbridled power still pouring into the sky. The others soon joined her, but at a more leisurely pace. They were unaware of what was transpiring. When they arrived, the pillar was gone, but it had been replaced by an explosion, a sound of chimes and clashing magic. A double helix made of the purest of rainbows flew up into the air that once held the beam of power. It clashed at its zenith, forming an orb of sparkling pink essence.

Adagio blinked long and hard, only once, to make sure her eyes were not playing tricks on her. She could feel her heartbeat pick up, and her mouth was dry with anticipation and fear. She gazed up at the majesty in the air before her as it shot a ray of colors separated by a prismatic effect onto the ground. This made YET another explosion, and as the beam concentrated on its target into the distance from ... where ever THAT was, it again shot a beam of light into the air. This time, one that was made from the same helix of color.

Adagio's mouth was agape as she watched. Her amulet made a shimmering sound and effect, tingling enough for her to feel it through the thick hoodie. She reached up and grabbed it, letting out a gasp as she did. "Did you feel that?!" Her eyes darted around a few times, trying to collect her thoughts. Her mind was going a mile a minute, FILLED with an amazing amount of potential at what was occurring. She focused her vision, an evil smiled crept across her face slowly. She extended a hand up at the blessing she beheld and turned to her two friends. "Do you know what that is?"

The two of them made confused faces before letting out pathetic "Meh" noises, hands slacking against their sides. Adagio made a face of pure rage and grabbed ahold of Aria and leaned in so close their faces almost touched. "That's Equestrian magic!"

Aria gave Adagio a light shove making a face. "But this world doesn't have Equestrian magic." She said this matter-of-factly, and Adagio turned away smiling once again. "It does now..." Adagio spoke in an almost sing-song manner. "And we are going to use it to make EVERYONE in this pathetic little world adore us." Adagio purred out the last few words, hand on her hips as she gazed up into the light filled sky, her two cohorts doing the same. It was as if years and years of endless, painful, and long winded cruel punishment was reaching its very end. Adagio wanted to cry. She wanted to cry tears of an emotion she hadn't felt in so long she was unsure if it EVER existed at all. Nothing could go wrong. Nothing, except...

Sonata's face dropped as her amulet began to shine out a pale light. She frowned and reached out to touch it. She screamed when she did, her hand smoking as the amulet had filled her mind with searing thoughts. Sonata could see...see things that could happen. Can happen. Will happen. Her eyes were filled with tears and flecks of light that danced around and around inside her head. Her brain had been filled, in a single instant, of every important memory she WOULD have had, something that was absolutely detrimental to their survival in some way DIDN'T happen. She could barely hear Aria yelling her name. Aria was gently shaking her bluenette friend on the ground, and she was very close to tears. There were a lot of reasons why, but mostly, it because her friend was in pain. Also because she was trying to share in whatever mental pain Sonata just had to endure, watching whatever fate befell them. "Sonata? Sonata! Are you ok? Talk to me!"

"Ugh...I'm...fine, Aria. Really..." Sonata spoke to her friend while giving her a weak smile. She soon realized she was on the ground upon her knees. She stood up shaking slightly. Aria wrapped her arms around her. Her eyes were filled with concern, but also with fear. A vision after seeing their miracle ticket home, or at the very least a better life here, could NOT be good. Adagio spoke without looking at her. Her fists were already clenched in anticipated anger. "Tell me what you saw." Adagio was hoping...no...PRAYING, that this had to with something else. ANYTHING else at this point.

"I saw...them. They were ponies, but...they weren't ponies. They were like the ones we lived with all those years ago. But at the same time...not like the ones we use to live with. They were, but at the same time were not, but they felt the same anyway. The magic, the rush of power, the sheer force of Equestrian essence. Almost like us now..." Sonatas eyes turned to foggy glass as she spoke, recollecting her vision. She shook her head as she did, Adagio looking annoyed at Sonata's worthless riddle speak she always used when trying to babble out whatever pictures had been seared into her mind's eye. "There were six of them, and we overpowered them with The Voice, our Voice. We had the crowd in command. They were entranced by us, feeding us their energy. They didn't have any choice." Adagio was smiling at this, but she quickly dropped it. The ending of the vision would always be bad. This vision was a warning. They always were. "They had power unlike anything I've seen. We fought them. We won. But...then there was another. A bright orange and yellow star. She was like a phoenix burning out, but...something about her. She was corrupted somehow, darkness still lingering on her soul. She sang out with all her heart. They combined into one force. It hit us like a god smiting the wicked. We...we lost. Our amulets broke! We...we..." Sonata didn't finish as she fell back down to her knees sobbing quietly. She clutched at her heart as it broke.

Adagio clenched her fist harder. Her palm began to drip blood from where her nails were digging in. She closed her eyes. "Aria...", this was spoken slowly, carefully, and as if she was trying not to lash out in rage already at her unsuspecting pawns. The girl spoke fast. "Already on it." Aria was standing, one hand on her glowing amulet, another hand out stretched. It shown with the same ruby hue as her amulet did. She was moving it around like a dousing rod. While Sonata had the uncanny knack for telling them when disaster was going to strike, something they had taken for granted quite often since it allowed them to make it this far in their banishment unscathed, Aria was gifted enough to seek out the answers to protecting themselves against whatever was going to befall them. No mater how vague it might be. She waved her hand around slowly as she turned in place.

She stopped on a dime, opening her eyes as she looked straight ahead. Her pupils had expanded to take up the entirety of her eyes. She was like a predatory cat, taking in everything she could see to plan her strike. "I think I...oh. Oh..." Aria blinked a few times, trying to clear her vision. Had she seen what she thought she did? She licked her upper lip just a bit and smiled. There was slight heat coming to her cheeks. "I found him." She poke this with an exhale.

Adagio turned to look at Aria "...him?" She was confused and raised an eyebrow, Aria had never divined a person before. It was always a place, or a thing. And even once or twice it had been a very specific time. But PERSON? This added a new twist on things. "What can you tell me?" Her hands were now on her hips, and she was cocked at a slight angle. Her eyes filled with matriarchal command, as was her tone. Her lips were pursed together into a thin line. Not quite of anger, but almost worry. This could get messy, and Adagio was never one for dirtying her hands.

"I think...we got a winner. Powerful, strong, but...he won't break easily." Aria's eyes returned to normal as she shook her head and bit her lip. People were easy to manipulate, especially if their emotions oozed from them as most humans did. But there was something different about this one. Something menacing. He was reserved and behind WAAAY too many barriers. Aria was worried. If a human of this caliber had been here for some time now, as she assumed all of the humans in this area had...why had they not known before? Especially if this was something needed for their continued survival? Something was off. Sonata was now looking up at her with sadness. She was even a little bit afraid. The two of them often took the blunt of Adagio's rage when things went wrong or were hard. Sometimes just because she was bored. This time, they were surprised by her answer.

"Oh, is he now? Well maybe he will bend easier than you think." Adagio smiled at them, her eyes lighting up. Her voice was light and mocking. She walked over to them in carful, equal strides. One foot in front of the other, hips swaying as if she was casting a spell. Adagio was getting full of herself, already starting the process she always used when assaulting another humans senses. She hardly felt feminine, but the body she had been gifted made it so much easier to be just that. It had been a while since she had a challenge, a REAL one. "Let's head home...we have planning to do. Aria! Can you get me an exact location?"

"Yes, I can. It isn't too far. We can make it in the morning and catch him off guard...if we don't want to be creepy that is." Aria looked over to Sonata, who was giggling and covering her mouth to try and stifle it. This made Aria relax a little bit. Adagio let out a loud defiant laugh of soon-to-be victory as she watched the beautiful display in the sky disappear, only to have it be replaced with faint, upbeat music almost impossible to make out. The three of them walked off into the night, heading back to the loft apartment they had called home in this city. It would be there that they would begin to plot out their plan to win a fight they were pre-ordained to lose. Aria and Sonata grasped hands as they walked quietly behind their leader. They were afraid, but for different reasons. Aria had seen their salvation....but it would be up to Adagio to determine if it WOULD be there's. And Sonata had seen their demise, their deaths in a way, and had glimpsed just a hint into the future that was set for them if they lost. She let out another tear that was quickly wiped away by the gentle hand of Aria. They gave each other another little smile, then sped up their pace to keep up with Adagio.

*****

Across town, asleep in his bed, a young man tossed and turned. He was covered in a cold sweat that ran down his face and bare chest. His mind had been touched by a devil in disguise. His dreams turned to nightmares, and he let out moans of frustration. His night would be sleepless and un-refreshing. This was good for the ones seeking him, but bad for him. He groaned and turned onto his side. His fists clenched his sheets, his arm muscles flexing outward. On his dresser stood a trophy with a football emblazoned on it. Around his room were scattered clothes, a controller next to a gaming console laid on the floor near a television, and a bag of chips lay empty on the other side of his bed away from the door. A few dressers, a bookcase, and an empty fish tank full of little trinkets. The room itself was unassuming, a typical teenage boy's room. The trophy reflected the lights in the night sky, illuminating two words that had been etched into the front, next to the abbreviation MVP. Two words.

Magnus Vi.

Author's Note:

Let me know what I can improve ^_^ I was super impressed with this chapter, but I am in no way a professional writer. The more support I can grab, the faster I will want to get these chapters out. I am excited to write, but I am more excited to meet and talk with all of you writers and fellow fans <3

Have added in some Edits as of the eight. Trying to dust some better things in here while I plot out the next parts. :p Fixed some errors I found, and others pointed out, and tried to add less repeating details.

*Added more spaces to help break up the words a bit more and make it more mobile friendly. AS WELL as more corrctions and details ^^ 10/15

11/8 Final edit for the Intro Chapter.