• Published 26th Sep 2016
  • 830 Views, 9 Comments

Chillax..? - Tropical Beats



Starlight is confused on how her friends "chillax" with silence and nothing to do.

  • ...
4
 9
 830

Chillax...?

After the laughter was over, Starlight shifted around to get comfortable in her chair. She laid down and let out a satisfied sigh. After everything that happened that day, she was glad that she could finally relax in peace. But something didn't feel right. Starlight opened her left eye to see Twilight casually reading a book. She looked on further to see Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy sleeping, and Rarity trying to tan or something. She opened her right eye to see Applejack in a deep slumber, while Rainbow Dash had a satisfied smile on her face, with her shades still covering her eyes. She darted both her eyes in front of her to see Spike relaxing in the jacuzzi. And all of that? It just didn't feel right... Starlight was wondering if she should ask somepony about this 'chillaxing'. Not Twilight, she's reading. And I'm sure Rarity wouldn't want to be disturbed. And Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy are sleeping. So is Spike... Rainbow doesn't seem to be sleeping, she snores so maybe... NO! She'll get upset. She really loves to chillax, whatever it is. But still... Starlight shook her head in frustration. She just couldn't decide! I just have to ask Rainbow Dash. This lesson was assigned with her, so she'd know best. Starlight gulped with fright. One can only hope she's not asleep. Waking her while she's sleeping isn't something good...

Starlight got up from her chair and looked behind her. Twilight's nose was still buried within her book, and Rarity had her eyes closed and took in the sunshine. It didn't look like any of the two spotted her. She glanced over at Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy, they were still sleeping. So was Applejack. Starlight took a deep breath and slowly walked over to Rainbow Dash. "Hey, Dash?" She asked. Starlight didn't know what she did, but Rainbow Dash yelped and fell off her chair, landing with a big thump! "Oh... Sorry!" Starlight immediately apologized. "I didn't mean to scare you!"

"You didn't scare me!" Rainbow Dash snapped. She carefully got back on her hooves. "You just... surprised me... Yea..." Rainbow muttered. "So, why aren't you chillaxing?!" She yelled, catching the attention of Twilight, Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Spike.

Starlight gulped. I knew she would've been mad... She thought, and mentally facehoofed herself. Her face burned crimson red when she realized that the rest of her friends were staring at her in confusion. Sunset cleared her throat and spoke up. "I'm very sorry, Rainbow Dash. I didn't mean to 'surprise' you." Rainbow Dash gave her a deathly stare, "Aaaanywaaaayss..." Starlight said while rolling her eyes. "I just wanna know exactly what the point is of, 'chillaxing'." Everypony stared at her in confusion. Starlight's cheeks burned even more. "W-what is it?" She mumbled.

Rainbow Dash shook her head. "You're asking how to chillax?!" She asked in disbelief.

Starlight slowly nodded her head. "Y-yea... I just... Well... Don't get it..." She slowly said, trotting back to her chair.

Rainbow Dash did the same and made herself comfortable. "So... You wanna know what chillaxing is?" She asked. Starlight once again nodded her head, confirming the question. Rainbow once again shook her head and laid back down in her chair.

Starlight raised an eyebrow and stared at the cyan pegasus. "Would you care to tell me?" She asked, facing in Rainbow's direction.

Rainbow Dash shrugged. "Dunno. I just guess I like some peace and quiet from time to time..." She said, pulling the shades over her eyes.

Starlight felt something burn up inside of her. How dare she just ignore me like that?! Can't she just give me a reasonable explanation?! It's not that hard of a question for ponys' sake!

Starlight flared up her horn, and an light blue colored aurora surrounded her. She appeared right beside Rainbow Dash's chair. Everypony stared at her, dumbfounded. An light blue aurora surrounded Rainbow's shades as they appeared in front of Starlight. Rainbow's eyes widened as she faced Starlight. Her blue-purple eyes were full of anger. Rainbow Dash gazed straight into Starlight's soul, her magenta orbs taking control. Starlight slowly back away, not wanting to break eye contact. But Rainbow Dash's stare was too much, and she turned away.

Rainbow Dash marched up to Starlight and snatched her shades back, and then stared at the trembling unicorn. "What the hay, Starlight?!" She said.

Starlight's lips quivered as she tried to talk. "I-I'm s-s-so s-sorry... R-r-r-r-rainb-b-b-ow D-d-d-ash....." Rainbow's expression softened as she patted the unicorn on the shoulder. She quickly turned to lavender coated princess and raised an eyebrow at her. Twilight was only able to shake her head and stare back at her. "Look... If you wanna know what came over me, it's just that... Well... I was made that you didn't really give me an answer and... Well... Let's say I'm not the best socializer..." She said with a somber expression.

"Starlight. We all know that you aren't the best at that. Heck, you put a spell on us so that you didn't have to do you're friendship lessons. Now tell me, who the hay does that?" Applejack said, approaching Starlight. "But still, we all love ya, and would honestly do anythin' make ya feel better!" She said in a cheery tone.

"Why of course dear! We would never want to make you feel bad about yourself." Rarity assured, joining in. "It has been clear that it will take a while to get you on track, but we will be here for you, darling."

"Oh... And... Uhm... May you please tell us why you were so mad that Rainbow Dash didn't give you a full answer?" Fluttershy quietly asked. "And, uhm... If you're not okay with telling us, that's alright. I-I don't want to pressure you or anything."

"Yea! Starlight, nopony likes seeing anypony else being sad. Tell us what's botherin' ya and we'll make it right!" Pinkie Pie said, randoly pulling out her party cannon. "No matter what it takes..." She added in a somewhat evil voice.

Everypony stared at her for a moment. Twilight quickly used her magic to drag the super active pink bubbly mare aside. "Look. We just want to find out what gave you that sudden outburst. It can help with your studies, and help you actually learn how to be more open about your feelings." Twilight said, giving Starlight a warm welcoming smile.

Starlight sighed. All her friends were out their seats. She let out a faint smile. "It's pretty silly."

"That doesn't matter!" Rainbow Dash said. "We just wanna help you, Star!"

Starlight sighed. "Okay, well... You and Pinkie Pie are energetic, and... I just am sorta confused on how you two can stay still and... Yea! And Rarity and Twilight were the only ones actually doing something. And I still don't get the point of 'chillaxing'." Starlight looked up and saw six dumbfounded faces staring right at her.

"That's what got you so worked up?!" A sudden voice spoke. Everypony turned their heads to see Spike climbing out of the jacuzzi. "Well, I guess we can all answer then." He said.

"Eeyup! 'Ah just like to get away from the farm from time to time." Applejack said. "Don't get me wrong. 'Ah just love Sweet Apple Acres! But it sure does feel good to give mah hind legs a break form all that apple buckin'."

"Why yea, of course!" Rarity happily said. "I do enjoy a good break from my business. I do just love sewing, but sometimes I want to give my hooves, magic, and mind a break!"

"And I love be around animals ever so much, but I honestly miss the old days, just sitting down and being together." Fluttershy said with a smile.

"AndeveryponywhichiseveryponyknowshowhyperIcanbe!TheonlyactualtimeI'mtamedorprettymuchsloweddowniswhenIchillax!" Pinkie Pie said super fast.

"And I do sleep all the time, but chillaxing is like sleeping without actually sleeping. Dunno, just feels more satisfying for me." Rainbow shrugged.

"And I would always take the time to slow down from doing all the castle chores!" Spike said, throwing his arms in the air to make it sound more dramatic, earning a chuckle from every mare.

"And I can always use a break from my duties." Twilight said. "We all need to slow down and live in a moment of silence sometimes, Starlight."

The baby pink unicorn looked up. "But you guys are the saviors of Equestria!" She began. "How could you just stop to 'chillax'?!" Laughter came from the ponies and dragon. Starlight was confused. "What's so funny?"

"Oh, Starlight! Can't you see?!" Twilight chuckled. We're always troubled with saving Equestria, along with our normal lives! We liek to slow down and relax and chill together!"

"Oh... Figures..." Starlight mumbled. Her once somber expression then turned into one of understanding. "Then why are we still here?! Let's chillax!"

Author's Note:

I just felt like it... Heh...:pinkiehappy:

Comments ( 9 )

Jacuzzi?

7596732 They have a Jacuzzi!!!

7596785
ooh!! the thing that Spike was in was a jacuzzi? oh welp gotta edit the story now XD

7596802 Also could be used for romance.

7597025
oh welp i already put it in :pinkiehappy: just gon leave it leik dat:scootangel:

Starlight gulped. I knew she would've been mad... She thought, and mentally facehoofed herself. Her face burned crimson red when she realized that the rest of her friends were staring at her in confusion. Sunset cleared her throat and spoke up. "I'm very sorry, Rainbow Dash. I didn't mean to 'surprise' you." Rainbow Dash gave her a deathly stare, "Aaaanywaaaayss..." Starlight said while rolling her eyes. "I just wanna know exactly what the point is of, 'chillaxing'." Everypony stared at her in confusion. Starlight's cheeks burned even more. "W-what is it?" She mumbled.

When did Sunset get there? :p

Login or register to comment