• Published 27th Sep 2016
  • 1,640 Views, 75 Comments

Loyalty in Brass - Mr BHunt



Once a normal knight, now a hollow soul in armour. When a Brass Knight wanders into Ponyville, how will the ponies react?

  • ...
5
 75
 1,640

Chapter 8 - Negative, Not Treason...

Brass Centurion POV

I look down, from the raised platform I was standing on, at the lines after lines of Brass Knights and Brass Defenders. I still saw the walls of the fortress were guarded by Brass Sentries, they stood staring out across the plains this fortress was on. I slowly descended down the platform's stairs and walked out to the front of the Brass Onslaught, then I turned my head and looked at all of the still soldiers.

You are now under my command! I have been tasked with the extermination of all pests in these land!" I bellow at the lines of soldiers and begin to pace in front of them. "I have personally seen that you are one of the most effective armies of the Brass Inquisitors! I have faith that you will follow these new orders!" I stop pacing and gaze over the army. "But I'm not following those orders, and neither are any of you!" I shoutout and turn to pace again. "These are your new orders!" I state and begin to go through the list.

Nightfall
No POV

The small outpost in The Everfree forest heard marching, the Brass Knights stationed there scanned the surrounding tree line. Then one fell as a glint of metal appeared, it's fellow soldiers snap their gazes to it's dust pile. They look up just as more glints appeared and sent them into their dusty graves, then the Brass Centurion ran out of the outpost. It turned around with it's shield raised and it spun it's axe in it's hand, then it spotted another Brass Knight. It lowered it's shield and looked at it as it approached, the soldier's glaive leaning over the it's shoulder.

"Where are my soldiers? Who's your Brass Centurion?" The Brass Centurion asked as the Brass Knight continued towards it, the B.C lifted it's shield in front of itself. "Answer me immediately or I'll attack yo-" It tried to warn, but it was cut off by the B.K slamming it's glaive into the B.C. The B.C dissolved into dust, leaving a line of it's remains on the B.K's glaive. It turned and pulled out a silver sphere, the B.K through it upwards and watched it explode in orange light, then B.K then turned and walked back to the awaiting Brass Onslaught.

Daybreak

The flare was spotted and the Royal Guard was sent to the decimated outpost, they found strange piles of dust and a metal flagpole in one. In the group that was there, was Cpt. Swift Quiz.

Cpt. Swift Quiz POV

I walk past a couple of guards and head towards the brass flagpole, my eyes locked onto the white flag. It was the same as the one that the other demon had in Canterlot Castle, white with that strange emblem on it. I reach it and touch the pole with a hoof, then I turn my head to the tree line. "Only three ways that these demon's fell, first they were eliminated by ponies or one of the other races. They were overwhelmed, or they were betrayed." I muse to myself and notice a orange glint among the trees, I look closer and my eyes widen. It was a demon, but it's face had a frown and it didn't have a glaive or that incinerator weapon. I kept my eyes on it as it did the same to me, then it nodded towards the inner structure. I narrow my eyes and turn towards the structure, then I turn back. The demon was still there, but with another next to it. I shrug and walk into the structure, unaware that one of the demons wasn't dead. I look down a corridor and see a demon, leaning over it's weapon. I use my teeth to slip my blade out of it's sheath on the side of my barrel, then I flipped it into my hoof. It twitched and turned towards me, it's face cracked like the first demon. It stumbled and dragged it's glaive towards me, I growl and charge the demon.

It swings it's glaive in a wide arc and I slide under it, it roared and threw a downwards punch. I push myself back as the demon's fist enters the floor, then I leap up and stab my sword into the neck of the demon. It makes a snarling noise and falls limp, it's armoured form turning to dust. I nod and look at were it was before I entered and saw a scroll, I sheath my sword and grab the scroll in my mouth. I exit the structure and look at were the two demons were, there was the first one there and a... pony!? My eyes widen as the demon drops the mare and points to me, the mare nods and bolts towards me. She had a lime coat and an aqua mane and tail, her cutie mark was a bag with three limes around it. She ran past the startled guards and skided to a stop in front of me, I felt the urge to raise an eyebrow. It died as the mare shook as she reached behind her, pulling another scroll out and putting it on the ground. She bowed and ran away from us and the demon, towards New Ponyville as ponies now call it. I open the letter and read it thoroughly and out loud.

"I know that you have seen what my kind can do, and I am severely sorry for everything you've witnessed. But do not attack those that will leave this tree line, we are here to eliminate every last one of the Brass Inquisitors. I have ordered my soldiers to only attack them and not your kind. I was ordered by the leader of the Brass Inquisitors to exterminate all pests on this land, those pests being everything but us. We have fallen so far, I plan to drag everyone of my kind down with me. If you wish to accompany us, then we leave for the leader's fortress tomorrow. Gather any others you need, this is when we wipe my remnants off this planet!"

I look up and almost pull out my sword as a wave of those demons march through the trees, I see the other guards hesitate too as the demons approach us. The frowning demon walks into my field of view and I step back, it was just staring at me. I narrow my eyes and put my sword away, my trust going into the scroll.

"So, did you write that?" I ask and the demon nods.

"Did you tell that mare to give it to us?"

Another nod, I growl.

"Are you going to murder all of us once we turn our backs? Will you slaughter my kind that you call pests?! WILL YOU!?" I roar at the demon and pull my sword out and point it at the still demon, the other guards slowly pull their swords out with worried expressions. "AM I GOING TO PUT ALL MY TRUST INTO THAT SCROLL, SO I CAN JUST DIE BY A BACKSTAP?! WILL YOU DO THAT!?" I bellow and huff loudly as the demon's army stops behind it, then it points to the scroll above my scabbard. I raise an eyebrow and pull the scroll in front of me, my eyes widen as I read it and I look up and the demon.

"We are nothing but a salvation, will you assist us?" It says and folds it's hands behind it's back.


9 hours till assault...
No POV


The small stone outpost was soon home to the Royal Guard, a pair of princesses, a group of friends and the Brass Onslaught. Although tensions were very high, they two separate armies were allied. The two princesses were discussing tactics with the Brass Centurion while the Royal Guards spared and trained under the eyes of the Brass Knights, the Elements of Harmony were walking through the outpost casting angry glares at all of the Brass Onslaught. But elsewhere, the target of the assault was getting suspicious.

Unknown location
Brass Sentry POV

I walk past the two Brass Praetorians standing guard outside the throne room, I feel my armour start to steam as I enter. Inside the huge room was a lavafall on the far wall with the throne in front of it, a number of Storm Praetorians were lined up along the two side walls. I walk towards the throne and slam my glaive onto the solid, iron surface of the floor. I look up at the shadowy figure on the throne and wait to speak. The huge figure stands up and walks forward, I stumble back as the titan stops in front of me.

"We have reports that the pests have sided with the Brass Onslaught, and that they are marching here as we speak." I state and wait for a response.

"I care not, we outnumber them 2000 to 1. I am not going to lose, but the enemy will. Tell my Brass Centurions to prepare all soldiers for battle, even you Brass Sentinels. I don't care about overkill, I want to show these pests that nothing stands against the Brass Inquisitors!" The Brass Legate bellows in a deep and intimating voice, I salute and rush out of the throne room and back through the caves to find the Brass Centurions

"This is a proud time for us." I say to myself as I see the army out of a crack in the wall, a sprawling wave of brass soldiers. "Those pests have no chance!" I yell and sprint further through the cave.

Author's Note:

WOOHOO! Not dead! So now the wait is on for the next chapter, the battle! Who will win? I don't know! But time for 2 questions that you can answer in the comments.

Should...
1a. The Ponies win and all Brass Inquisitors die, including the Brass Onslaught?
1b. The Ponies win and the Brass Inquisitors still die, but Brass Onslaught survive?
And...
2a. Should the Brass Legate die from the power of the Elements of Harmony?
2b. Should the Brass Legate fall to Cpt. Swift Quiz?

Please point out any grammar mistakes in the comments as well.