• Published 27th Sep 2016
  • 1,642 Views, 75 Comments

Loyalty in Brass - Mr BHunt



Once a normal knight, now a hollow soul in armour. When a Brass Knight wanders into Ponyville, how will the ponies react?

  • ...
5
 75
 1,642

Chapter 7 - Karma hits the Storm

In the streets of Canterlot
Storm Praetorian POV

I stop laughing and just stand still, somethings wrong. I turn and look at the castle with a newfound confusion. I shake my head and turn back, just as a blue axe cuts my Blazebolt Caster in half. I roar and grab the pest that did it, I feel my mask crack more and I tear the pest in half. I hunch over slightly and begin to breathe heavily, a number of guard pests come out of cover and surround me. I shoulder charge one into a house and swing a haymaker at another, smashing it into a bloody pulp. I grab two pests and slam them together, throwing both at a group of flying pests. I spin around and pull a spear from the grasp of a pest, I throw it at a line of pests. They all collapse backwards in a shower of blood as I feel my mask crack more, I stomp and leap up at one of the flies and grab onto it's wing. I tear it off as I fall down onto a pair of pest gaurds, crushing them. Suddenly a number of pests throw spears at me while another group launches a barrage of fireballs, they both hit me and I roar in pain. I charge the spear throwers and closeline them, snapping their necks back. I roar and sprint through a number of houses.

Lt. Swift Quiz POV

I stand up as I see a line of guards get skewered, I growl softly and walk out of the alley. I grab a sword from a fall guard and see that demon charge through a line of buildings, I scream in rage and sprint after the demon. I see it stop and run ledt of the line of holes it made, I wasn't done yet and I chased after it with murderous intent. I saw it stop and slam a pair of guards to the ground, blood painting the pavement. The demon was turning just as I leapt at it, I sent the demon to the ground and stabbed my sword repeatedly into the cracked face of it. It roars and holds it's face, but I wasn't done. I grab one of the spears that were stuck into the demon and pull it out, I then slam it through the demon's neck. It shoves me off it's chest and sends me into a building, I groan as I hit the wall and then the ground. I look up and see the demon stand up and hold it's neck, it looks at me and stumbles forward.

Storm Praetorian POV

I spot the pest that landed on and attacked me, I walk forward while holding my neck. I stand in front of the pest and stare into it's blank eyes, I feel myself collapse to my knees. I see the pest walk towards a still smouldering ruin of a house and pick out a plank of wood, it walks back to in front of me and stands with the burning plank in it's mouth. It's eyes still dead inside as it slams the burning plank into my cracked visor, I don't even roar as the pain spreads through my armour. "You aren't a pest, not anymore. You.. are a soldier." I say to the soldier and put my right fist over my heart in a salute. "It is good to die." I say as my armour and mind finally dissolves into dust.

Lt. Swift Quiz POV

I watch as the demon fades to dust, but a sudden flash of red light blinds me for a second. I blink and see a metal pole sticking from the dust of the demon, a red flag with a strange emblem on it. I grab it and look at it for a minute, then fold it and tie it around my forehead. I then pick up my discarded helmet, but soon drop it and kick it away. I then start to walk towards the castle, a few guards walk up to me with worried expressions. But I keep walking. I see my Captain standing with his back to me, looking over the damage that the demon caused. I walk up beside him and he turns to me with an angry expression, but that turns to shock as I turn to him. "Swift... Swift Quiz reporting for duty." I say in a monotone voice, my Captain steps back slightly.

"Lieutenant? You look... like you've walked through Tartarus and back, five times and then fought in a war." My captain says and I chuckle. "Where were you? We lost all connections with the guards in the Lower District, we saw smoke then heard screaming and laughter." He asks and I stare at him, he clearly feels uncomfortable as he shifts his weight under my gaze.

"The Lower District was charged by two demons, one ran towards the castle while the other slaughtered us. I rose the alarm as they attacked, barely making away alive. The Royal Guard stationed there were killed by the demon, I hid until I realised... we all gotta die, but I ain't dying yet. I charged the demon and killed it, a pile of dust and a flag pole appeared as it died." I say and point to my forehead. "This is the flag that was on it." I pointed to my lips. "I used my mouth to grab a burning plank of wood, which I used to stab into the demon's cracked face." I lower my hoof and looked at my Captain. "That laughter came from the demon as it incinerated the ponies in the Lower District, both residents and guards were killed." I finished and waited for him to respond, but his face and eyes told me that he was scared.

"Y-you killed the demon, saw hundreds die and managed to climb up here? With a bucking blank look and without hesitation!? W-what happened to you Quiz?" He asked and put a hoof on my shoulder.

"We all suffer in this world, I just chose to accept that." I say and gaze into the Captain's green eyes. "I have seen more then most here captain, all in the scan of an hour." I finish and watch my Captain's hoof fall from my shoulder, his eyes hardening as he looked at me.

"Swift. You have shown much bravery and courage on this day, I am hereby promoting you to Captain. Hail, Captain Swift Quiz!" The Captain says and puts a hoof over his heart, I nod to him and turn to walk away. "Wait! You should get to the medbay!" He says to me, I stop and turn around to him.

"I am fine Captain." I say and turn back around, continuing towards Canterlot Castle. I wanted to know what happened to the other demon, and why it charged past the Lower District and it's friend.

Author's Note:

So how about that? A new promotion and a new Main-ish character!
And before anyone yells in the comments that lieutenant is far away from captain, I simply say my story my rules. :moustache:
Also I might make a chapter dedicated to Cpt. Swift Quiz, if any of you want that feel free to say in the comments!
Enjoy the coming chapters.