• Published 27th Jan 2017
  • 477 Views, 2 Comments

Glint Stones: Meeting - Middle Ground



Four strange ponies appear from within a black stone. And the Pie Sisters freed them.

  • ...
 2
 477

Prologue - The Black Stone

In one of the more remote locations in Equestria, there lies a small farm owned by a small family of Earth Ponies known as the Pie Family. They are regarded as Rock Farmers who dig and harvest minerals of all kinds and have them sent to every location in Equestria for money. It is a tough job, but the pay is worth it. Igneous Pie, the father, runs the farm with his wife and his three daughters. His wife, Cloudy Quartz Pie, helps him with some of the work, but mostly spends her time keeping their home clean and keeping their family safe. Their daughters, Maud Pie, Limestone Pie, and Marble Pie live with them mainly to take care of their slightly elderly parents. There is also a fourth daughter named Pinkie Pie, who lives out on her own as a party planner. Strangely, there is also a fifth daughter named Diane Pie, who was born through many magical phenomena but is still regarded as their family. Despite them living in a world of magic, this family of ponies is anything but ordinary. They each enjoy life like all living things until they found something rather...unusual.

"Hey Maud...! This rock is really funny looking!" called Pinkie. Her entire body was all pink and her Cutie Mark were three balloons. A Cutie Mark symbolizes a pony's calling in life. Like Pinkie's love for parties and bringing smiles to others. She is the second youngest sister and she never runs out of energy. She lives in a place called Ponyville after she moved out, but as of now she is visiting her family to help them with this stone. Her older sister, Maud, walked up to the stone Pinkie was talking about. While they were digging in the mines, they discovered this large black stone that stood in the very middle of an open cavern. Maud examined this stone and was amazed by it. Her coat was a dark-gray color and her mane and tail were a dark-purple. Her Cutie Mark was a diamond-shaped rock and it symbolized her love of minerals.

"This rock is unlike anything I have ever seen. I can't identify what it is made from." Maud is a rather monotone-kind of pony but when she needs to be, she can express emotions.

"Then maybe it's a new kind of mineral! We might have discovered something new!" Limestone, the third youngest had a lighter-gray compared to her older sister and her Cutie Mark was a green lime with a rock. There have been cases of Cutie Mark that tie into a pony's name. She has a rather hard-headed, tough personality.

"This rock is...scary...." The youngest sister, Marble Pie, had a light-gray coat with a dark-gray mane and tail. Her Cutie Mark were three small pebbles. She has a quiet, timid nature compared to her sisters.

"Don't worry, Marble! I bet we can mine this and get lots of money for it! This is so exciting!" said Pinkie as she ran around the large stone in excitement.

"Yes. It is exciting." Though Maud wasn't showing it, she was indeed very excited as she took a much closer look at the stone.

"Alright then, let's give this thing a good whack!" Limestone then pulled out a pickaxe and was ready to start mining.

"Wait Limestone. We need to study it first before we start hitting it. What if it explodes on the first hit?" Despite her excitement, Maud was still cautious. Limestone and Marble looked up at the stone with nervous expressions on their faces. Maud turned around and saw Pinkie poking at the upper region of the stone.

"Pinkie Pie, what are you doing?!" Maud's gray coat turned slightly lighter out of shock, though her expression didn't change.

"Hey Maud, I found something...! I found some funny looking crystals!" Pinkie Pie had found four colored gems at the very top of the rock. Maud climbed up to the top and looked at the four gems. A purple one, a blue one, a yellow one, and a red one. And they were all glowing.

"What are these things...?" Even Maud was confused by what they were looking at.

"Maybe they're magic...! Let's break it!" She then pulled a hammer out of her mane and was ready to hit it.

"No...!" Maud then knocked the hammer out of Pinkie's hooves to avoid anything dangerous.

"Aww...my hammer." Pinkie was sad for losing her hammer.

"We cannot be too careful with this stone or these crystals. We need to examine them carefully before we do anything." She then placed her hoof on the red crystal and it cracked. They both froze at what just happened.

"No fair, Maud...! You broke it anyway!" Pinkie was really annoyed.

"No...I...um...!" Despite not showing it, Maud was indeed panicking. Her great strength at times slips out and some things get broken. As they panicked, the cracks on the red gem crept it's way to the other three gems and they started glowing brighter.

"Ooh...! Pretty!" Pinkie then put on some sunglasses. The lights were quite dazzling.

"What is going on up there?!"

"Run...!" Limestone and Marble watched at the lights started getting brighter. Pinkie and Maud then quickly got down from the rock and the four gems finally shattered into pieces.

"What was that?!" Limestone was freaking out.

"I don't know...!" Maud was prepared for anything. The lights then shot out of the rock and spiraled into the air and then to the ground. The purple light resembled a powerful lightning, the blue light resembled a freezing ice, the yellow light resembled a beautiful wind, and the red light resembled a furious flame. They then each took the form of tall ponies. The purple and blue one became Unicorns, the yellow one became a Pegasus, and the red one became an Earth Pony. They became flesh and blood, and then hoods materialized over their backs. When they finally finished forming, they just stood before the four mares like statues. Pinkie and her sisters were very cautious of these four strangers that stood before them and it grew very silent.

"HI!!!" Pinkie's outburst broke the silence, echoed throughout the cavern, and gave her sister's whiplash from the shock.

"Pinkie, you nearly scared us to death!" Limestone started stretching Pinkie's cheeks out of anger.

"Iiim shaaawy....!" Pinkie's mouth was stretched out.

"HOLY F@%$!!! MY EARS!!!" The purple Unicorn shouted as his eardrums started ringing.

The blue Unicorn gave a deep yawn, "What time is it...? I was sleeping...." He seemed really drowsy.

"Oh...! Hi there! Nice to meet you! Who are you four nice ponies?" The yellow Pegasus seemed nice. Maybe a little too nice....

"WHAT THE F@$% IS GOING ON???!!!" The red Earth Pony started losing his mind and he then caught on fire without warning. Pinkie and her sisters didn't really know what to think about these strange ponies they just met.

"HEY YOU FOUR...! WHO ARE YOU?! WHAT IS THIS PLACE?! AND WHY AREN'T YOU ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS FAST ENOUGH?!" The purple Unicorn was starting to radiate electrical energy. He seemed to be in a very foul mood for some reason. Then his head got encased in an ice cube.

"Sparx, that is no way to treat ladies...." The ice came from the blue Unicorn. The purple Unicorn started freaking out over his frozen head.

"Yeah, you should listen to Chilly. They didn't do anything wrong...!" The yellow Pegasus flapped his abnormally large wings to stretch them out. A breeze then started to pick up in the cavern.

The red Earth Pony laughed, "PFFT HAHAHA!!! LOOK GUST! HE GOT A HEAD COLD!!!" He started laughing hysterically.

The ice cube encasing Sparx's head shattered, "THAT WAS COLD, YOU F@$%!!! AND THAT'S NOT FUNNY, ASH!!!" He then started fighting with the two ponies. Lightning, ice, and fire started flying all over the cavern.

"Guys...please! Don't fight in here!" Gust was starting to panic over being unable to do anything to stop them.

"Those guys are crazy...." Pinkie and her sisters agreed with Limestone. These four stallions were indeed...out there. In no time at all, Chilly stood up after beating some sense into his two dumb brothers and stepped forth in front of the four mares.

"Hey...uh...sorry you four had to see that. My brothers and I....uh...um....what was I gonna say again?" Chilly just forgot what he was going to say.

"HOW SHOULD WE KNOW?!" Limestone was beginning to lose her mind too.

"Who are you...?" Marble was frightened by them.

"Don't worry...! We won't hurt you! Honest! We're your friends!" Gust fluttered to them out of joy with a gentle smile on his face.

"YEAH...! BECAUSE WE'RE AWESOME!" Ash jumped back on his hooves all fired up.

"Ugh...seriously, what the hell is going on here?" Sparx also got back on his hooves after that beat-down and brushed off the bump on his head.

"Wow...! We made new friends! This is so cool!" Pinkie was ecstatic to meet these four strange ponies, but her sisters were very suspicious. Instead of just a large black stone, all they found was a lot of trouble....