• Published 25th Jun 2012
  • 835 Views, 3 Comments

Fight Club: The Underground - KaiTheDemon



After a pony gets sucked into a fight club, him and his friend start to battle for a mare's love

  • ...
 3
 835

Lightning Strikes

"Who is she?" Silver stands in the middle of the main lobby of the Fight Club staring at the White colored, Pink maned mare that announces the matches for the club.

"Dude, you've been gawking at her since we left Steel's office." Lightning states to the silver colored stallion.
Silver shakes his head back in forth snapping out of his gaze. "Huh? Oh. OH! Uh, it's nothing." Silver fumbles his words a bit trying to think of what to say.

"Uh-huh. And I'm the champion. Why are you so...." Lightning stops and only gives Silver a flat look as he gaves on at the mare that stands before him.

"She's beautiful." Beautiful. The words he never thought he would speak. He's never seen a mare as pretty as this one was. And he never has been interested in a mare before. He wants "The perfect one."

"Why don't you take a picture? It will last longer." Lighting starts laughing, disregarding the possibility that he could have sounded rude. "Why don't you go buck yourself Lightning?!" Silver snaps and blushes lightly knowing he is staring.

"You know I can just ask her to talk to us right?" Lightning states, causing Silver's eyes to widen. "Hey, Noise! Come here for a sec!" Lightning shouts to the Mare, catching her attention.

Silver's face whitens, knowing he's never really talked to girls before. "Oh, hey Lightning. And hello friend of Lightnings." The mare gives a warm smile to the two. Her Purple colored eyes glisten from the lights in the club, and Silver feels like he is starting to melt.

"H-Hi. I'm Silver Li-" Silver is stopped by a hoof being put in front of him. "I know who you are Silver Lining. Lightning here as told me plenty about you." Silver's heart drops. Who knows what kind of things Lightning could have said. "But anyway, I'm White Noise. But you can just call me Noise." She closes her eyes and gives a welcoming smile and holds her hoof out.

Silver shakes hoofs with her and glares at Lightning. "He has told you things about me, has he? Please, for his sake, tell me it wasn't anything bad." She giggles and smirks at Lightning. "Of course not. He knows better." She hits Lightning across the back of the head.

"Ow! What was that for?!" Lightning rubs the back of his head where she hit. "Just for being you. Now Lightning, you better go get ready. There are only three fights tonight remember?" Lightning looks up at the clock above the bar area, then turns and starts walking away.

"I will see you two later tonight then. I gotta go get my head in the game!" Silver and Noise wave him off and the two go and have a seat at the bar. "So how long have you known Lightning?" Noise speaks up first. "Years, and years. Since I moved here to Ponyville from Fillydelphia about eleven years ago. How about you?"

"Oh maybe a few months. Since I started working here at the club of course." She explains, then taps her hoof twice on the bar counter, and is met with the bartender putting a drink in front of each of them. "Don't worry, their free for staff."

"Huh? Oh! Awesome. Do you do anything besides work here?" Silver grabs up his drink and sips on it some. "Sadly right now, no. But luckily Mr.Steel pays me good enough to live decently." She sips on her drink as well, while some silence builds between the two.

"I'm sorry I can't talk much more. I have to go get ready to announce the matches!" Noise quickly gets up and marches away, leaving Silver there alone, only to sip on his drink some more. "Damn. I want to get to know her better..."

He sighs, and looks over at the entrance, which is being filled with ponies of all kinds as the fighting draws near. "I guess it's getting close to time. Finally. It feels like I've been sitting by myself for the last half hour." He was right. It was a while since Noise left him.

The crowd grows big, and everypony gathers around the ring, waiting for the fighting to begin. A bell begins ringing, and White Noise is seen stepping into the ring. "Mares and Gentlecolts! Welcome to the club! Tonight, we have three huge fights! The top six fighters in the club will be competing to see who is the better pony."

Two ponies make their way into the ring and head to the opposite corners. "Introducing first, in the red corner! She is the sixth ranked fighter in the club, with a record of twenty-four, six, and two, Cloud Cutter!" A dark green mare pegasus with an orange and dark green mane stands strong in the corner, looking ready for battle.

"A MARE?! Even mares fight in this club?!" Silver all of a sudden becomes unsure if he wants to fight. He doesn't know if he can bring himself to hit a mare. "And in the blue corner, he is the second ranked fighter in the club, with a record of twenty-eight, four, and o, Prometheus!" The tall stallion unicorn, while he doesn't look very strong, he has a very intimidating look on his face."

"Damn. He looks a little too serious." Silver looks on with interest at the stallion just introduced. "Oh he is. Especially since his only losses are to Bronze, the champion." Silver looks over to see a purple mare sitting next to him, with bright, blue eyes with a blue and black mane.

"Were you talking to me?" He asks in confusion. "No. I was talking to the stool I'm sitting on." Silver's ears fall in embarrassment and the Mare giggles. "Don't mind me. That was rather rude. I'm Pandora." His ears raise and he develops a smile. "Hello. I'm Silver Lining."

"Nice to meet you Silver. Oh! Looks like the fight is about to begin!" The bell rings and the two fighters quickly fly at each other, each connecting with a hoof to knock one another back. The two slide back and stop dead in their corners, glaring at one another.

They slowly move in on each other when Prometheus charges quickly, headbutting Cloud Cutter back a few steps. She shakes it off and moves in, quickly slides around Prometheus, and connects a hook into the side of his head. He quickly recovers though, coming back throwing a hoof at Cloud Cutter.

She lifts a hoof up to block and succeeds, but is met with a thrusting hoof to the neck, causing her to fall over and start coughing. Prometheus doesn't leave her anytime to recover and starts pounding on her while she's down, throwing hoofs at her mid-section when the bell rings. He doesn't let up though, forcing three security guards to run into the ring and pull him off of her while medical ponies make their way into the ring to check on her.

"What a jerk! She was done after he hit her neck and he just pounded on her!" Silver stands up off of his seat and watches in anger, while Pandora gets up and starts walking away. "He gets like that sometimes. I will catch'a later."

"Huh? Oh, see ya!.. I can't believe he just wailed on her like that. I would love to fight that guy..." Silver looks up to see White Noise make her way back into the rings and walks by the medical team, carrying Cloud Cutter out of the ring. "The winner by technical knockout, Prometheus!" Her words are met with loud boos from the crowd. "Prometheus's record rises to twenty-nine, four, and o, with a winning streak now of seven!"

The crowd looks on as the next two ponies make their way into the ring, heading to their respected corners. "Alright, now for the second bout of the evening! Introducing first, in the red corner! He is the fifth ranked fighter in the club, with a record of nineteen, five, and three, Lemon Lime! The lime green earth pony stallion stands with a rather average looking build, with a yellow, wavy mane and goatee.

"And next, in the blue corner! As the third ranked fighter in the club, with a record of thirty-one, six, and one, Pandora!" The purple mare waves to the crowd getting cheers as Silver looks on in shock. "Could this night become anymore interesting?"

The bell rings and the fight begins, starting with Lemon Lime making the first move forward. Pandora stays still, making him charge for her. She calmly sidesteps an attempted headbutt by him, making him hit his head into the corner of the ring.

Pandora quickly spins around running her hoof across the floor, tripping Lemon Lime up. He doesn't let that keep him down though, as she tries to throw a hoof, but is blocked and met with a hook across the cheek. He doesn't hold up and continues on the offensive, throwing hooks left and right, while Pandora tries her best to avoid them, barely doing so.

Getting back all the way up into her corner, she uses her hind legs and pushes off the corner, rushing him. The two connect hoofs, throwing them at the same time, and the grab a hold of each other. Standing in an intense test of strength, Lemon Lime finally throws her down and hovers over her.

She kicks up with her hind legs, throwing him over her. "What a back and forth fight. I hope Lightnings fight is this good!" Silver is up out of his seat now, and has moved close to the ring to get a better view.

Pandora lunges upward and lands on Lemon Lime, smashing all four hoofs down on him. She doesn't stop there, throwing hoof after hoof until the bell finally rings. Noise marches into the ring once more to declare the winner. "What a great fight mares and gentlecolts! The winner by technical knockout-" "I wasn't beat! This is a outrage!" Lemon Lime interrupts Noise, and stops his hoof on the ground.

"If I was beat, I wouldn't have been able to fight back! She didn't even have me down that long!" He continues on in a rage. "Rules are rules. And the rules say, Pandora wins!" The crowd starts cheering, and Pandora takes a deserving bow after that victory.

The two fighters clear the ring, followed by White Noise. "Mares, and Gentlecolts, there will be a short break before the final bout of the night!"

Lightning paces the waiting room. His heart beats fast knowing this is the biggest fight he has ever fought. And to top it off, if he wins, he gets a shot at the championship. "Keep it together Lightning Blitz. I know what's about to happen. I know I can win. Bronze CAN be beat. He's not immortal or anything." He stops, and starts taking long, deep breaths. Trying to keep composed, he looks himself in the mirror. "You got this."

Silver is also nervous. He's moved back to the bar area and has taken a seat again, looking down at his drink. "I hope Lightning will be okay..."

The crowd starts getting loud, Noise is already in the ring, as well as Lightning Blitz and the champion, Bronze. "Mares and Gentlecolts! This is it! The main event! Please, bring your attention to the red corner! Standing there, he is the fourth ranked fighter in the club, with a record of twenty-two, six, and o. as well as being on a club second best, eight win streak, Lightning Blitz!"

The crowd starts cheering loudly, showing their support to the Orange stallion. "And in the blue corner! With the clubs top record, of thirty-five, one, and one, with the club's best win streak of twenty-nine, he is the champion, Bronze!"

Drawing mostly boos from the crowd, the Bronze colored stallion gives no sign of caring about what anypony thinks of him. The bell rings, the crowd goes quiet, and the two begin to stare each other down.

Seconds, and seemingly minutes start to pass during the stare down. It feels like electricity is forming between the two's stare. Finally, movement. After what seemed like minutes on end, the two start moving in on each other. It's like they know what they can do, and they know they have to remain cautious against each other. One wrong move could end it.

Lightning makes the first move, lifting his hoof up, followed by Bronze doing the same. The two connect their hoofs together and start pressing up against them with as much force as they have. Testing their strength, Bronze comes out on top, shoving Lightning back. Luckily, he doesn't go down, but he slides back.

Finally, some real fighting begins. They launch at each other, throwing hoof after hoof in the center of the ring. Blocking, and throwing, left, and right. Lightning quickly spins around after their hoofs collide, and bucks his hind legs backward at Bronze, knocking him back. Of course being the champ, he doesn't go down so easily.

Back and forth they go, taking turns getting a hit in, forcing the other to take a step back. Finally, Lightning mounts some offense, connecting with four big hits onto Bronze, knocking him back into his corner. Lightning strikes, heading full force into Bronze, throwing both his front hooves forward, and leaping at him. He hits it. Bronze is down, and Lightning is on top.

Lightning stomps down on one of Bronze's legs, but from reflexes, Bronze kicks out a leg, knocking Lightning off his hooves. Neither of them give the other a second to breathe or try to get up. Instead, they start battling on the ground, kicking and hitting one another with their hooves.

They get up, but without a moments notice, Bronze lays a big blow to the side of Lightning's head. Just when it seemed like he had a chance, he goes down. And he goes down hard. Bronze like a vulture hovers over head. Not giving in, Lightning kicks up, connecting with Bronze's mid-section.

That was it. Bronze was through holding back. He starts laying out Lightning, stomping down in various areas on his body. Lightning is fighting back though. He is trying to return the blows to no avail, and finally, the bell is rung to end the match.

"Mares and Gentlecolts, what a great match we just saw! Amazingly, Lightning hung in there, but our winner by technical knockout, Bronze!" The crowd starts getting rowdy with boos. They clearly don't like the result of the match. And neither does Silver, who rushes up to the ring to his friends aid.

"Lightning! Are you alright?!" No initial response. Nothing but a slight nod. "Damn it! Come on Lightning, I'll help you up!" Lightning shoves Silver away, obviously frustrated. This was his first chance at aiming for the championship. "I can't... Believe... I lost..."

Lightning slowly, but surely gets up. A little wobbly, but he is alright standing without support. "I will get him. I won't let this loss go without redemption." He intensifies and starts gaining his stability.

"For now, why don't we just head home?" Silver starts heading for the exit. "Yeah, let's go. I have training to do, and so do you!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter. I can't believe I took this long to finish it, but better late then never.
Anyways, I really appreciate any kind of feedback. Negative especially. Negative feedback usually has something in it telling me what I'm doing wrong, and that helps me become a better author. But, thank you all for reading, and I hope you enjoyed this chapter!