• Published 25th Aug 2016
  • 1,099 Views, 40 Comments

A Pony a Day - OfTheIronwilled



Little ponies go through endless scenarios. And by "endless" I mean "one hundred".

  • ...
4
 40
 1,099

PreviousChapters Next
Demand (11/3/2017)

"Are you sure you're alright, Twilight?"

Twilight blinked. Her tea had gone cold and her breath had fogged the window.

"Yes, I'm fine. It's just... well, I just don't know what to do now."

Rarity ignited her long spiraled horn, and levitated her mane out of her face. Her long mane. Her long mane that now billowed softly against the downy wings at her sides.

"Well, I suppose it's up to you. You are the Princess after all, and this was just one mistake. A-- A simple one at that! Yes," she laughed waveringly, her plumage fluffing. "Why, you should see all of the dresses I've ruined in my time at the boutique; all of that thread wasted, all of those customers disappointed with the product. Absolutely dreadful! Compared to me you're golden, darling."

"I--" Twilight started. She scoffed, hot and heavy, then snorted through her nose to stop herself. She... she couldn't get mad at Rarity, she was only trying to help. "No Rarity, I'm really not. This wasn't just a simple mistake. In fact, I don't know if it's a mistake at all! But if it is-- I have to reverse it, Rarity. I have to, somehow."

Rarity just swirled her tea and dipped her new horn around. She wouldn't look at Twilight, and had this look on her face. A hesitant business-smile that Twilight couldn't really place. She had a few ideas though. After all, she had seen Rarity's eyes sparkle as she changed into a stunning alicorn.

Eventually, Rarity cleared her throat. "Well, maybe it wasn't. This is a gift you've given, Twilight! Just think of how secure Equestria will be now, of how many disasters will be averted, of how many villains shall be stopped in their tracks! And look how beautiful we all are!"

"Think of how dangerous it would be once one of those villains figures out that they can blow up mountains during a power surge."

Rarity's tea had gone cold a while ago too, but Twilight didn't comment on it. Just watched Rarity's face go sour after she took a sip out of politeness, or awkwardness, or need to fill the silence.

"Hmm. That is troubling. But surely the others would step up now that they have the power to. Surely! In fact, you could enact some sort of law-- after all, you are the Princess!"

Twilight rubbed the fog on the window away with her hoof. Outside, Roseluck and Lyra Heartstrings zoomed off on twinkling wings, their horns lit with mirth. Little foals, born earth ponies and pegasi, lifted objects with wavering telekinesis that popped and sparked. The entire town, the entire country, droned with waves of powerful new magic. With fleets of newly-made alicorns.

"Actually, I'm not sure I am anymore, Rarity."

PreviousChapters Next