• Published 25th Aug 2016
  • 1,099 Views, 40 Comments

A Pony a Day - OfTheIronwilled



Little ponies go through endless scenarios. And by "endless" I mean "one hundred".

  • ...
4
 40
 1,099

PreviousChapters Next
Reach (9/5/2016)

She screamed. All around her the world spun and swam, blurring into a horrifying singularity of blue. She pumped her wings, flapped them like whips at her sides, but at one side it lagged-- the hollow bones screamed in pain, and her right wing went limp. So she plummeted, her breath being ripped away from her aching lungs, the wind tearing through her ears and mane, the ground spiraling closer.

And then she stopped.

Rainbow Dash stopped. She gasped as her momentum died and she smashed into something meaty in the air. At first -- Oh, Celestia! -- she thought she had crashed right into another pegasus and was about to take them down with her. Oh, wouldn't that be cool, just great, one of the Wonderbolts-in-training just falling out of the sky and hurting ponies...

And then she looked up. At yellow hooves, at a yellow body, at a gasping yellow face.

"Oh, Rainbow Dash," Fluttershy sobbed. "I-- I-- s-saw you fall from my cottage... it was so a-a-awful. I tried to catch you, and--"

What? What the hay? That didn't make sense. Fluttershy's cottage was pretty far away and -- Rainbow dizzily looked down -- and she was still pretty far up. If Fluttershy were to make it to her in time she would have... she would have had to go so fast. Like, faster than she had ever seen that mare go before, than she thought was even physically possible for her.

Fluttershy panted and cried and held Rainbow close. Rainbow could feel how fast Fluttershy's heart was beating, and how much sweat clung to her shaking yellow feathers. The mare's leg muscles twitched under Rainbow's body.

But still, Fluttershy held her and didn't let her fall.

She smiled at Rainbow Dash, tired but happy. "And I made it..."

PreviousChapters Next