• Published 24th Aug 2016
  • 928 Views, 13 Comments

Shakespony- A Midsummer Nights Dream - MlpMelodySong



Rarity's father wishes for her to marry a nobledragon for an aliance but she wishes to marry another for love, all the while the dragon's best friend is pinning for him! What will become of this?

  • ...
7
 13
 928

The Forest

Meanwhile, Rarity and Fancy Pants were leaving the castle of Canterlot to prepare for their journey, when they saw a familiar face. There, standing outside the castle next to a royal carriage was a lovely earth pony mare with golden hair tied into a braid that fell loosely on her shoulder, wearing an elegant lime green dress with a large bustle and a hat to match with an apple broach attached to the band.

"Applejack, darling!" Rarity exclaimed as she rushed to embrace her friend. "How have you been? I haven't seen you in ages!"

The orange earth pony was startled but returned her embrace. "It's good to see ya too, Rarity" she said in her thick country accent. "I'm fine, how are you?"

"Oh well I've been better but never mind all that!" she said nervously "We simply have so much to catch up on, and speaking of which since when did you begin to ride in such style!" she exclaimed, gesturing towards the elegant carriage behind her.

Applejack blushed. "Oh, well actually it's not mine, it belongs to the Duke Spike, I rode here with him!" she stated.

Rarity looked to the ground. "Oh, is that so?" she muttered. Applejack noticed the uncomfortable look on her friend's face and realised her mistake.

"I take it that things didn't go to well" she said, putting a hoof on Rarity's shoulder. Rarity looked up at her with tear-filled eyes and shook her head.

"Oh it was simply awful, Applejack!" The beautiful unicorn mare wept. "My father is forcing me into a loveless marriage and if I don't agree I will be forced to live out the rest of my life in a convent!"

Applejack gasped. "They used the old Canterlot law!" she muttered.

"I have nothing against the Duke, he has always shown me great kindness" Rarity continued. "But I just don't..."

"Ya don't love him!" Applejack finished

"No, I don't" The white mare cried.

"So what are ya gonna do?" The orange earth pony asked.

Rarity sighed. "The only thing I can do!" Rarity began. "I am going to run away with Fancy Pants and never look back!"

Applejack's eyes widened. "Really? wow you two must really love each other!" she said sadly. "I wish I had that"

Rarity put a hoof on her shoulder, remembering that her friend had always felt strongly for the Duke Spike ever since they had first met him. "Hey, you'll get him someday!" the unicorn said reassuringly. "Spike will realise soon enough that you two were destined to be together!"

Applejack smiled slightly. "Well, a girl can dream!"

She turned to face Fancy Pants. "Anyway we better be going to prepare for our journey if we are to make it to the forest before nightfall! Goodbye Applejack it was lovely seeing you again!" She gave her friend a hug and then she and Fancy Pants turned and began to walk away, leaving Applejack alone with nothing but her thoughts.


After some time the Duke Spike emerged from the castle with a rather frightening looking stallion behind him. Applejack watched the stallion with caution as he shook hooves with the Duke, then made his way over to another carriage and slammed the door shut behind him. The carriage then hurried away. Applejack's attention then returned to the handsome young dragon, who was walking over towards her! She quickly smoothed out her skirt and put on a kind smile.

What in Celestia's name are ya doin'! she mentally scolded herself Get it together he's just a guy!

"Hey, AJ!"

That snapped her attention back to reality. "Hi, Spike"

"Hope you weren't too bored while I was gone" he said smugly.

Applejack smiled. "Now don't get too fool of yourself, ya hear"

"I make no promises"

Applejack laughed, somehow he always managed to make her laugh.

"Hey, Applejack?" Spike asked seriously.

"Yes?" she said

"How much do you know about poisoned apples?"

That confused her. "Huh, poisoned apples? Umm I guess I know quite a bit but why?"

"Do you think you could get your hooves on one?"

Now she was beginning to get concerned. "I'm sure I could, but I ask again why?"

"Because what's the point in living if the mare of your dreams would rather live in a convent than marry you!" he cried out, as he fell to the floor in anguish.

"Oh, this is about Rarity. I heard things didn't go too well." she said sadly as she put her hoof around him in comfort.

"Oh, Applejack. I'm so lost without her, I need her to live, she is my everything. I love her"

Those last words brought tears to her eyes. She loved him too much to see him like this. She knew what she had to do, no matter how much it would hurt her.

Forgive me, Rarity

"Spike" as she said this he looked up at her with tear-filled eyes. "I think that I might be able to help ya..."

She struggled to hold back her tears as she continued to tell him of her friends' plans to stow away together during the night.

Spike stood up and wiped the tears from his eyes. "I must stop them!"


The night was cold and the two lovers stood outside the forest.

"So are you ready, my dear?" Fancy Pants asked

The unicorn mare turned to get one last look at Canterlot. "Yes" Rarity replied.

And with that the young couple made their way into the forest.

Author's Note:

Yay new chapter!

Sorry for the wait it has been a hectic month between musical rehearsals and exams but will try to get the next chapter up as quick as I can!

Thanks for the support :heart::derpytongue2: