• Published 24th Aug 2016
  • 928 Views, 13 Comments

Shakespony- A Midsummer Nights Dream - MlpMelodySong



Rarity's father wishes for her to marry a nobledragon for an aliance but she wishes to marry another for love, all the while the dragon's best friend is pinning for him! What will become of this?

  • ...
7
 13
 928

The Fairies

"Another drink please, my good mare" called out a mysterious stallion, from the corner of the room, to the waitress.

"Comin' right up, sugar" called out the red-headed waitress.

The stallion was relaxed back in his chair, a large hat looming over his face and a poncho covering his body. No one knew much about the stallion to be true, only the rumors spread by the lonely fairy chicks who had no lives so they made it their business to meddle in others, but since they had nothing else to go on the other fairies all thought him to be the fairy king's right hand man and one of the best tricksters around, so most avoided him like the plague in order to be spared of becoming his next prank victim!

The stallion put his forelegs behind his head and sighed contently, he felt so relaxed in that moment, that was, until the voice of a mare snapped his attention.

"Is this seat taken?" the mare asked, gesturing to the seat across from him.

The stallion looked at the mare from under his hat. She was very pretty. Her coat was a beautiful shade of pink and her mane bounced softly on her shoulders and was a dark shade of magnetta. But none of that compared to her amazing sapphire blue eyes that seemed to sparkle in the light. She was wearing a long grey cape that flowed all the way to the ground and defined every feminine curve of her body. He couldn't help but let his jaw drop at the stunning mare before him, but quickly shook it off so as not to come off as a weirdo.

Play it cool, just play it cool! He thought to himself.

"No, it's not...um go ahead" he stuttered, gesturing at the seat.

She smiled politely at him and sat down in the seat.

He was about to say something when a pint of ale was slammed down in front of him by the barmaid.

"Here you are sugar," said the barmaid. "can I get anything else for ya or your friend here?

"I'm good, Cherry," said the stallion, he then looked to the pink mare across from him. "do you want anything?"

"Sure, I'll have a glass of cider thanks" beamed the mare.

"Alright then, Ill go fetch some, be back in a giff" Cherry Jubilee said before making her way back to the bar.

Just say something to her. Anything would be better than you just sitting there staring! Quit it!

"Umm, so what's a pretty mare like you doing here?" he asked, trying to start a conversation. The mare blushed at his words.

"Oh, well I was out on business and I decided to make a quick stop and have a drink before heading back home!" the mare explained.

"What about you?" she asked.

"Oh umm, pretty much the same reason as you" the stallion replied. "So what is your name?"

"How rude of me! My name is Pinkiemena Diane Pie, but you can just call me Pinkie!" she said cheerfully.

"Well I am Cheese Sandwich, but you can just call me Cheese!" he said smiling.

"Hmm your name sounds familiar" Pinkie said as she pondered it. "Nope, don't remember ever meeting you before now, oh well"

Just then, Cherry Jubilee returned with Pinkie's drink and placed it on the table.

"Enjoy!" Cherry said before going to deal with some other customers.

"So, Pinkie tell me about yourself " Cheese said

"Oh well I was born on a candy rock farm..."


A few hours later it was getting dark and Pinkie and Cheese were having a good laugh together.

"Well, it's getting kinda dark, I should probably head home. But I had a really great time tonight!" Pinkie said smiling.

"Me too!" Exclaimed Cheese. "Hey, why don't I walk you home. I mean, what kind of stallion would I be if I let a young mare walk home unescorted in the dark."

"Well, I suppose if it's not too much trouble" Pinkie said nonchalantly.

"Not at all!" Cheese stated he then held out his foreleg. "Shall we, ma' lady"

Pinkie giggled and placed her foreleg in the crook of his. "We shall!"

The couple then made their way towards the door and left the bar


Pinkie and Cheese walked through the forest happily conversing together when a cold gust of wind caught their attention.

"Did you feel that?" Pinkie asked.

"Oh no!" Cheese exclaimed "He's here!"

Suddenly a cluster of pink clouds began to gather above them and mist surrounded them. Suddenly a tall figure emerged from the smoke, he had a serpentine body made from mismatched animal parts and the head of a pony, he was none other than the Fairy King, Discord!
He was followed by a large army of diamond dogs and a few fairies.

"CHEESE SANDWICH!" Discord yelled. "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!"

"Hold on! You work for him!" Pinkie exclaimed. Cheese nodded then turned his attention back to his boss.

Cheese Sandwich gulped. "I...umm...I went to get a drink after I finished scouting Canterlot and I got umm...distracted" he said, glancing over at Pinkie.

Discord then took notice of the pink mare. He was about to say something when a golden glow off light coming through the forest caught his attention. The light made its way through the trees towards them.

"What is that?" Cheese asked

Pinkie smiled. "She's here!" the pink mare exclaimed happily.

Once it finally reached the clearing the light dimmed to reveal a beautiful buttercream Pegasus mare with a long rosy mane and gorgeous teal eyes, she was the Fairy Queen, Fluttershy! She was followed by a small group of fillies who were carrying a baby basket and a large swarm of breezies.

"Pinkie there you are!" she exclaimed softly as she rushed to embrace her friend. "I was so worried. I'm so very glad you're alright"

"Wait! You work for her!" Cheese exclaimed. Pinkie nodded then returned her friend's embrace.

"I'm fine, you don't have to worry about me," Pinkie said. She then pointed her hoof at Discord. "Worry about him!"

Fluttershy turned around to face him and smiled warmly. "Hello Discord" she said gently.

Discord looked at her sweet face and into her adorable eyes, oh how he wanted to kiss her, but he couldn't! He was still mad at her for choosing that stupid insect over him!

"Hello Fluttershy" he said spitefully.

Fluttershy's expression saddened. "You're not still mad at me, are you?" she said as she looked into Discord's eyes.

"Of course I'm still mad! And I'll stay mad until you hand that little bug over to me" he exclaimed, pointing a finger at the basket. The four fillies stood in front of the basket protectively.

Fluttershy frowned. "Discord!" the Fairy Queen exclaimed. "I already told you, he is not joining your army! He is only a baby!"

Fluttershy flew up to Discord and took his paw in her hooves. "Discord, please stop this madness come home to your wife and your subjects they need you," she paused for a moment and looked deep into his eyes. "I need you"

Discord's anger began to melt away as he looked into her loving eyes and felt her warmth radiating onto him. He was about to give in when the sound of a baby crying broke his trance. Fluttershy jerked her head up and he felt her hooves slip away as she flew over to comfort the infant. Things would never be back to normal until the brat was gone, he then knew what he had to do!

"Hush now, Thorax" she shushed as she cradled the baby larva in her hooves "there, there it's alright"

"I'm sorry, Fluttershy but this is your last chance to give me the changeling willingly or I will be forced to take drastic measures!" Discord said

The Queen looked up at her husband with tear filled eyes. "Discord, please!" she cried.

"So be it then!" The King exclaimed "Cheese Sandwich, let's go!" And with that Discord's army began to march back into the forest.

"Goodbye" Cheese said sadly, looking at Pinkie's beautiful blue eyes.

"Goodbye" Pinkie said tearfully.

And so he was gone. Pinkie turned to face her weeping friend, clutching the young changeling in her arms.

"Your majesty," Pinkie said "we should go home"

Fluttershy gently placed the baby back into the basket. "Yes, we should"

The Fairies then made their way back through the forest to their kingdom.

"Oh Discord" Fluttershy whispered as she slowly raised a hoof to her stomach. "If only you knew!"

Author's Note:

Hey! I'm back!
Sorry about the wait but I've had quite a bit on my plate this month and have not had much time to sit down and write. But I'm off all week so hopefully will get a bit more writing done.

Hope you like my little twist on the Fairy King and Queen!

Thanks for being so patient! Hope you are enjoying the story so far!:pinkiehappy: