• Published 12th Feb 2017
  • 512 Views, 2 Comments

Black Lies, Green Fire - Paradox the Wierdo



Discord had lived in Galactium Castle for as long as he can remember. But when he encounters a creature connected to his past, his world changes forever.

  • ...
 2
 512

Prologue

Author's Note:

Hi guys, this is my first story and I really hope you enjoy it. :twilightsmile: Constructive criticism is very welcome and please R&R. :pinkiesmile: I'd like to clarify that alicorns and draconequui age in the same way as ponies do until they are 21. Then, the ageing process stops and the alicorn/draconequus lives until they are either killed by weapon, magic or disease (they cannot die of old age). As Chrysalis is a Queen (Princess in this fic), she too ages like draconequui and alicorns. Thank you and enjoy! :twilightsmile:

Elegantly, mist wove around his thin frame and the merciless wind whispered and howled into his numb ears. Every second was an hour, every hour was a life-time. Steadily, rain beat upon his spindly mismatched body, sending cold shivers up his bony back. The young draconequus trudged though the mud, feeling the icy wind whip across his face. He whimpered. He was too weak to make a louder sound.

The draconequus carried on walking, though it more similar to staggering by now. Startled, he felt a sharp pain in his tail and spun around, only to see it stuck in a hep of twigs, all equally twisted and gnarled. He turned back to face the wind and attempted to pry his tail from the life-less piece of wood but failing; only getting it stuck more. Taking hold of his poor tail with both paw and claw, he gave it a sharp yank with what little strength he had with him. It came away, leaving a ragged, bloody hole in his tail. He cried out in pain and hugged his tail tightly, tears mixing with the rain and the his own blood… So much blood…

He was so covered in it that you could hardly see the thin scraps of material that barely covered his small, shivering frame. The draconequus felt a heavy feeling fill his body and felt unsteady. He wobbled for a few seconds before succumbing to his tiredness and fell like a stone into the dirty mud. It went dark.

***

Nine-year-old Princess Chrysalis II had gotten lost. Again. Small wings beating hard, she hovered over the grey hills, searching for the hunting party that she was attempting to pursue. It wasn’t her fault that she was curious as to why she was not allowed to be a part of the party. Therefore, in attempt to find out herself, she snuck out of the castle. Unfortunately, she had gotten lost.

She cursed mentally as she felt her charcoal robes stiffen in the rain, knowing that she should have changed into something more suitable. Suddenly, she heard a weak cry in the distance. Her ears perked up as she tried to figure out as to where it came from. It was small but it was a cry all the same, and undoubtedly of pain too. Momentarily forgetting all about her hunting party, she turned around and sped off to where the cry came from.

***

She looked in surprise at the weird creature covered in mud and some sort of sticky red stuff. ‘Is it dead?’ she wondered, contemplating whether she should try and wake it or if that would just aggravate it. She decided to risk it, prodding it curiously with her hoof. Surprisingly, it opened a red and yellow eye, wearily glanced at her and then closed again. Chrysalis rolled her eyes thinking that it could be faking and began to examine the creature. Chrysalis had never seen anything like it. It had the head of a pony, an eagle claw and a lion paw as front legs and the back legs of a goat and… was that a dragon? Its tail was scaly with a white tuft on the end, though it had a bloody hole in it that made Chrysalis shudder. She sighed, her eyes glancing back to where she came from.

The rain poured steadily atop her head, not missing a single beat and grey skies covered the moon. She turned back to the creature which was lying still, it's eyes now half open and looking at her. Chrysalis sighed again and approached it again. She concentrated and a light green aura escaped her horn. The creature stared at her horn with wide eyes. "What, you never seen a horn before?" she scoffed and continued letting out the aura. Chrysalis circled the now confused and slightly terrified creature and began levitating it. It whimpered, eyes now the size of plates and she snickered. The changeling carefully lifted the creature onto her back with her magic and slowly lifted off the ground. She knew that she had to act fast or else he could perish or she could fall and then they would both be stuck here.

Chrysalis scanned the area, searching for some sort of shelter. Her eyes laid rest on a looming shadow of a large building. She zoomed towards it, hoping that it wasn't too late.

***

Once she arrived Chrysalis laid the creature down on the porch before looking up in sheer awe as she took in the full wonder of the castle. It was made from an strange sort of stone which shimmered even in the storm. It was nothing like her castle back home. Instantaneously, the door began to open. Chrysalis quickly darted into the bushes, watching as a pale young alicorn with a light pink mane about her age ran up to the creature and levitated him off the ground, carrying him in. When the door finally closed, Chrysalis waited a few seconds before breathing a sigh of relief and flew away into they grey sky to continue searching for her hunting party, thinking that that was the last that she would ever see of the poor creature. Boy was she wrong.