• Published 16th Jun 2017
  • 1,768 Views, 23 Comments

Story of a Stick - Xinrick



Well a Stick Figure went to Equestria, and that's basically it...besides the massive amount of powers it had.

  • ...
3
 23
 1,768

Intermission XI

“An entire race…slaughtered…” Twilight muttered, her cheeks growing a bit green at how sick she was.

“It was…a dark time…” Celestia sighed. “I tried to get word out to not attack the Thestrals, Moon Hooves…and what remained of the Umbrum…but I was too injured after the fight and…sadly everyone took it into their own hooves…” She shook her head.

"It's my fault…" Luna frowned. "I knew they existed and I knew they enjoyed my night but… my greed and jealousy…"

“It’s not your fault.” Celestia gently wrapped a wing around Luna. “We all make mistakes…but it was my fault for not stopping our ponies from…committing such atrocities…”

“So…what’s the difference between them and then Umbrums?” Applejack inquired. “You all said that you fought against Sombra and his kin when the Portals disappeared…but…why the Moon Hooves?”

"Admittedly they were the weaker of the Shadow Pony races." Luna said. "Umbrum had magic, weak only to extreme lights and the Crystal Hearts powers. Thestrals mainly have the disadvantage of bright lights. Even normal sunlight is like staring into the lightbulb of a lighthouse to them. But Moon Hooves were completely vulnerable to sunlight. Even a single ray of it touching their skin was akin to setting it on fire."

"The mobs didn't even need to do much. Just cage them in mass and let the sunrise do the rest." Discord added.

“Th-that’s….horrible…” Pinkie muttered, her hair deflated at the thought of other ponies literally committing genocide because of fear.

“There’s…there’s no justification to Genocide!” Twilight snapped. “I don’t care if it was after the War with Nightmare Moon! This…this is just horrible!”

"Times were very different back then Twilight. The Sticks had only been gone for almost a full generation but the monsters and memories were present and fresh in the memories. The battle with Nightmare Moon sparked talks of war and so soon after the Stick War ended they didn't want to take chances. Creatures do stupid things in the name of fear and with Celestia out of commission at the time the older generations and patriotic young bloods went on the defensive and offensive against anything or anyone considered a threat." Discord said.

“And it was then and there…that I gave all my ponies…the one promise I have given them, that still stands to this day even if no one but the three of us and several other long lived beings remember…” Celestia shuddered slightly, still hating how she let her rage get to her.

“Wh-what was the promise?” Rainbow Dash asked in worry.

“When Dawn Breaks…Everything shall Burn.” Celestia answered vaguely, causing all six ponies, the little dragon, and all the guards plus the three changeling refugee’s, shudder in absolute fear.

Luna looked over at Celestia. "You seriously stole that? And made it a threat?" Luna asked.

“Yes, I did…” Celestia sighed.

"I personally would have gone with the 5000 take but eh, that's just me." Discord shrugged.

“I have personally made sure that that sack of shit stays away from us.” Celestia frowned.

“What are you talking about?” Twilight asked in fear.

"Some of what I.Q. showed us wasn't all amazing… there was so much terrifying and, well let's just say in one reality The Sun betrayed all life on the planet holding life on it."

“It is why…many have told legends of ‘Dawn Breaker’...what would happen if I fell into the same rage and jealousy as Luna to create Nightmare Moon…” Celestia sighed. “It wouldn’t be pretty for any race…”

"Speaking of I.Q. I'm surprised she lost a whole city to one mistake." Applejack spoke up.

“A lot of…terrible things can happen with One Mistake.” Celestia shook her head. “One Mistake created Nightmare Moon, leading to the Genocide of an entire Race for instance.”

"I didn't even know Shadow Pony Tribes existed." Fluttershy spoke up. "Did they evolve alongside ponies or were they split off?"

“They evolved together.” Celestia said. “One for Day, one for Night, to make sure we both had our subjects, and to take care of the land’s around it in days…long since passed…” Celestia sighed. “When monster’s that were naturally born tried to hunt both both day and night walkers, when the Stick Figures were around that could fight whenever and wherever…but as we saw with Master Kabu…the Shadow’s can either be a Peaceful Watcher…or a Spiteful Rage Beast.”

"And the day can be a peaceful bringer of light and warmth, or a hateful inferno incinerating all below it." Luna added, earning and eye roll but also a nod from her sister.

"But how come our races weren't more integrated together or how come Luna doesn't look more… Shadow pony like if they were her subjects?" Rarity asked.

"Shadow Pony traits are passed from mother to child. While day ponies like yourselves with a Mate and have another of your race or a chance of a different race because of genetics the Shadow Pony races traits pass down from the Mother to the child. Meaning a Thestrial stallion could mate with dozens of mare's but if none are Thestrials themselves all the foals will not be born Shadow Ponies." Luna explained. "While my father was of the shadows, mother was not."

"Wait, does that mean… you two are half sisters?" Pinkie asked.

"Yes. Tia and I have different fathers." Luna nodded.

“Fascinating.” Twilight said, writing this all down feverishly.

"So that means Sombra really is the last Umbrum huh?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yes. And I doubt he'd want to swap genders to fix that." Discord shrugged. "Though there are other options."

“IQ?” Twilight brought up. “Her knowledge on biology is leagues above anything we know, so couldn’t she…ya know, help with that?”

"I was thinking of something else but if you want to go the boring way that can work too." Discord shrugged.

"Plans for cloning and genetic recompiling are here." Pinkie said, holding the Notebook of inventions.

"How did you find that again?!" Celestia asked.

"You filed it under your secret cake fund expense reports." Pinkie said.

“Fuckin…” Celestia immediately grabbed the file before Twilight could pounce at it.

“Knowledge~.” Twilight whined, pawing at open air as she tried to reach the files.

“No, bad Twilight.” Celestia huffed.

"Oh please." Discord said, snapping his talons and the folder was now in Twilight teeth. "In case you forgot I.Q. revolutionized the Empire in a few hours and is probably going to do the same to Amberdoven before she's out. At this rate you'll be a political figure head by weeks end."

"Cool. Basically retirement." Luna smirked.

Celestia sighed, rubbing her temple. “I know…I know…” She shook her head. “Gonna have to start that…” Celestia muttered to herself, already thinking about the plan she had in case IQ ever was found again.

"You do know you can't put plan I.Q. that's like telling me I can't make Chaos to casually make the day interesting." Discord said, another snap of his talons and one of his Cotton Candy Clouds appeared. Pinkie immediately grabbing it and began eating it and drinking the chocolate milk.

“That’s not what I mean.” Celestia shook her head. “If IQ ever came back…ugh, I have so much paperwork to do…” The solar monarch complained, rubbing her temples.

"Just wait til Hazard shows up and out. Then replace paperwork with him." Discord said, making Celestia crimson.

"Oh right, I forgot you two were close." Luna added.

"Celestia dated Hazard?" Rainbow asked.

"Dated. Rutted. Almost married." Discord confirmed.

“Sh-shut up!” Celestia whined. “I’m trying to deal with a cascade of paperwork as I have to put a Project in motion…a Project that Hazard wanted me to do if IQ ever came out cause there’s no arguing with that woman on ‘revolutionizing technology’.” She sighed, bringing out a bell and ringing it lightly.

“Yes, your majesty?” The mane six and Spike all jumped at seeing a group of Maid’s just…practically materialize near Celestia.

“IQ’s back and wandering the land…time to start her Ideals.” Celestia said vaguely. “You know where they’re filed, and you know who to tell.” She said, which all ten maid’s nodded and vanished into thin air.

“Uh…wh-what was that?” Rainbow asked worriedly.

“Twilight gets her wish of Knowledge, and I get to publicly decree a lot of Nobles can kiss my pure white flank for what’s about to happen.” Celestia answered readily.

"And later you can grind it against Hazard." Luna added, getting a thwap form Celestia with one of her wings. "Hey, you were the screamer, the whole kingdom knew you and him were together." Luna laughed.

“My love life has nothing to do with the current situation.” Celestia huffed. “Also, I’m the screamer? Should I even mention what you did with your significant other?” Celestia huffed, seeing Luna blush equally. “That’s what I thought.”

“You had a lover Luna?” Rarity asked, her eyes sparkling from the ever growing scandal that was being talked about.

"Well, yes but he was mortal and passed many years ago." Luna sighed. "But at least we knew to put up sound proofing spells before hoof." Luna added, dodging a swipe from her sister.

“Bullshit and you know it.” Celestia frowned. “I could still hear it…but…it was still sad for the loss.”

"True but at least it didn't leave the castle." Luna added. Sighing. "So, all that aside it seems there is much to be done in the very near future."

“Yes…there is a lot to do.” Celesita nodded. “I just hope that whatever reason the Portal’s have reopened is settled soon…I fear what could possibly happen soon…”

"And for that you Jinxed it." Discord groaned.

To be continued...