• Published 23rd Jun 2012
  • 1,017 Views, 18 Comments

Memory of a Dream - SulliedInk



Pinkie wasn't always so happy. After all, those who smile the most have endured the greatest pain.

  • ...
 18
 1,017

The End of Dream

It was dark. There were no lights around me. I was in a small room. The walls made a metallic echo whenever I banged my head on them. I felt good, great even. We felt great together. I saw a small glow afar. I let you take over with confidence, and walk me over there. Finally, we bent over the reflection. You and I saw the reflections of our parents in the blade. They were screaming in pain, pleading for you and I to liberate them from this madness. We laughed. Finally, our spirits were in unison. Did I really need to be afraid of you all along? No. Was I right to reject you? No. Was it right to accept my inner demons? Yes. I have finally found the key.

Suddenly, the room around me was filled by an ominous light. Then, I saw you for the first time. For that brief moment, I actually saw you with my own two eyes. You weren't inside my head anymore, but elsewhere, at peace. You had the same physique as I did; a pink coat, and azure eyes. However, yours were much deeper color, and while my hair resembled cotton candy, yours was straight. It merely floated above the floor, but somehow, in the breeze around us, it flowed majestically. It was a perfect harmony between dark and light. Finally, I was able to touch the bottom of your hooves. I was able to accept you for who you are. Finally, I understood it now.

You leaned in very closely, and whispered in my ear: "Now you can stop lying to yourself now." Yes, I could finally reject the lie. I knew the truth. I accepted the truth. Even if I would still spend the rest of my life making up for it, now I can finally embrace this new-found feeling of peace. I looked at the knife again. Our parent's faces now bore serene expressions, right before fading away in the passing breeze. The light finally engulfed the both of us completely, but not joining hooves with you. Yes, you and I, Pinkamina and Pinkie Pie...