• Published 28th Jul 2016
  • 3,384 Views, 18 Comments

Living With The Sparkles - ShadowsofEquestria



Twilight Sparkle and Flash Sentry, after years of trying to have a child, Twilight now finally falls pregnant with their first child and now have to face the challenges of having children and princesshood.

  • ...
21
 18
 3,384

Prologue

Author's Note:

Hope you guys liked the new version of this as it took me awhile to find a good start and sorry for the long wait. If there is any mistakes in this please let me know in the comments below.

Ponyville is home to the happily married couple Princess Twilight Sparkle and Prince Flash Sentry. They lived in the the Castle of Friendship with Spike and Starlight Glimmer. In one of the many rooms of the castle was Twilight and Flash laying next to each other on their bed.

Flash was rubbing Twilight’s belly as it was holding the child of the soon to be parents. Twilight had her eyes closed as she spoke “Flash, can you please stop doing that so we can get some sleep” She said referring to herself and her child.

The stallion let out a frustrated sigh “Fine, but I just can’t wait to see our new little filly” said Flash as he started to lay down on his side and place his forelegs on her side and swollen belly. And in a few minutes, he heard Twilight snoring which, made Flash smile right before the same darkness that took over his wife’s vision, also took his.


FLASH SENTRY! GET YOUR LAZY BUTT IN HERE” Yelled a very angry Princess from somewhere in the castle.

The said stallion jumped up from his bed, and landed head first on the ground of the bedroom. Flash started to rub his head and think what did his wife want with him. He started to look around and noticed that it was still in the middle of the night. Another thing he noticed was that his wife was not in bed.

“Uh… Twi, where are you?” asked a concern stallion about his wife’s whereabouts.

IN THE BATHROOM

In a few seconds, Flash busted through the nearby bathroom that was next door to their bedroom. What he discovered was that his wife clutching her stomach, and around her back legs was a small puddle of clear liquid. All the stallion can do was just stare straight at the belly as he heard her make a small groan. “Get… Me… To the… Hospital...NOW!”

Flash immediately went to Twilight’s side and started to move her out of the bathroom with her groaning in pain every few seconds which worried Flash. In the stallion’s head, he just kept wondering why the baby was coming so soon as the doctors said she would give birth in about a month. Before he even made it halfway through the room, the door open to reveal a very concern Spike and Starlight Glimmer.

“Twilight?! What happen, is the baby ok?!” said the baby drake as he went to her side with concern in his voice. All Twilight could do was nod at his question as another pain went through her.

Meanwhile, Starlight went behind the princess to discover something shocking. “Flash, I’m sorry but we can’t take her to the hospital!” Starlight stated as she use her magic to push her Spike and Flash out of the way.

“What do you mean Starlight?” asked the pegasus as he went behind Twilight to see what she meant. The stallion could clearly see something coming from her behind as he went to look. His pupils went to the sizes of pebbles and then looked to Spike “Spike, I need you to get more towels from the laundry room!”

All the little drake did was just stare at Flash, Starlight and Twilight as his tiny mind couldn't comprehend that his best friend and adopted sister was finally going to be a mother. Spike never realized that he stood there without responding for a good 1 minute until Flash and Starlight yelled at him “GO” as he ran out of the room to get more towels.

While the group had a small delamay, Twilight meanwhile started to lay down on the floor of the dirty bathroom as she finally screamed in pain. Both mare and stallion who were standing up, immediately to her side. Starlight, using her magic to grab a couple of towels that were in the room and put them around the mare who was in labor. Flash, started to hold his wife’s hoof as she had her eyes closed and kept groaning in pain.

“How do you know what to do Starlight?” asked Flash with curiosity.

“I read about it in a couple of books in the medical field just as a precaution if the Princess went into labor a couple months early” Replayed the light pink unicorn. Before Flash asked another question, Starlight went to talk to the alicorn “Twilight, I need you to push during your next contraction”


Twilight nodded at her words and when she felt another one rippled through her, she started to push. The purple mare felt her child move inside of her as she pushed as well as the felling of more pain. “It hurts” she whimpered as she tighten her grip on her husband's hoof who in return, whimpered in pain.

“I know my love, but be strong for our child” replied Flash who would whelp in pain from time to time as his wife’s hoof was strong as it could crush his bones.

Just then, the door suddenly opened, to reveal Spike with a handful of towels, rags, and a blanket for the child. Too bad that Twilight was position in a way that made the little baby dragon see part of the the child coming from her. Spike fainted at the sight and all the stuff he carried was thrown into the air but was caught by Starlight’s magic.

“We will have to talk to him later about this” Starlight said as she put most of the towels around Twilight, while Flash nodded to what she said but, then whimpered as his hoof was crushed again.

Twilight for her most part kept pushing at every contraction and every time it came. Starlight took her time to prepare and every now and then, she would help Twilight with the procedure and from time to time would say where her child would be. Finally, after an intense hour, Starlight said to Twilight “One more push and your child we be born.”

The alicorn nodded and when her final contraction hit her in full force, she pushed with all her might. Twilight wanted to lay down and go to sleep since this experience worn her out but, something stopped her. It was the cries of a newborn foal.

“Congratulations, it’s a girl!” said Starlight as she was holding a newborn. Twilight eagerly took her child as she was covered in a blanket by Starlight before handing her over. The alicorn slowly started to cradle her baby a little, so their daughter would stop crying for a bit.

Both Flash and Twilight took the time to look at their daughter. She was a pegasus just like her father, her coat was reddish purple and her mane and tail was a deep shade of blonde with a light yellowish green in the middle. Her wings would flutter every now and again, but the strange thing was that the wing on her left was the same as her coat. But her right wing was a different color as it was dark blue in color. Finally, the newborn filly open her eyes to reveal two bright velvet orbs.

“She’s beautiful.” Twilight said as she nuzzled her daughter.

“I know.” replied Flash as he went to kiss Twilight’s forehead, under the base of her horn.

Starlight took this time to get out of the room to leave the new parents in peace. She also, used her magic to grab Spike from the ground and started to get out. Before she left, a thought occurred to her as she turn around to say something to the new parents. “You guys should really get out of the dirty bathroom and go into your room.” After she said that, the door closed shut and left the new parents with the same idea to get out of the room.

About a few minutes passed as Twilight and Flash layed in their bed with their daughter sound a sleep in the new mother’s hooves. Both had huge smiles on their faces but a yawn from the mother made them sleepy. “What should we name her?” said the stallion to his mare.

After thinking for a few minutes, Twilight Sparkle finally came up with an answer. “Her name is Star Ray Stream, or Starry for short.”