• Published 9th Aug 2016
  • 826 Views, 38 Comments

80 Days: Under the Waves - Sharp Spark



The aristocratic and well-to-do unicorn Flash Fog has made a wager that she could circumnavigate the globe in only eighty days. With the assistance of her loyal valet, Porter Stout, Madame Fog is ready to face any adventures the journey may lead to.

  • ...
1
 38
 826

.

A moment later, I saw a flash of movement in the darkness. I peered forward, to see Minnow swimming towards us, as fast as she possibly could.

More alarmingly, I saw something pale behind her, in close pursuit.

“Open the airlock,” my mistress crisply ordered, and I fumbled with the controls, trying to comply. The external door slid open just in time for Minnow to dart inside, and I slammed a hoof down to close it again. An unearthly screech shook the entire vessel.

When the interior door opened, and Minnow stumbled in, I was already working to disengage us from the docking station. “Monsters,” she croaked out. “Monsters!”

The pale creature swam right in front of the glass and I caught a better sight of it. Even so, my mind didn’t quite know how to process its alien features.

“You gotta save Dr. Crankshaft,” Minnow said, nearly hysterical. “He-- He--”

The line connecting Crankshaft to the vessel suddenly went slack...