• Published 9th Aug 2016
  • 826 Views, 38 Comments

80 Days: Under the Waves - Sharp Spark



The aristocratic and well-to-do unicorn Flash Fog has made a wager that she could circumnavigate the globe in only eighty days. With the assistance of her loyal valet, Porter Stout, Madame Fog is ready to face any adventures the journey may lead to.

  • ...
1
 38
 826

.

I stumbled across a bar when exploring the city, and to my surprise inside I found the sharkpony that had snatched me from atop the deck of our ship. He looked equally bemused by the coincidence, and asked in raspy, accented Equestrian if I would join them for a spell.

“Does the drypony drink?” were his exact words, elbowing one of his comrades as he flashed his smile.

“I assure you, I can hold my own.” I did not find it necessary to mention my heritage. The Stouts have a long and storied tradition of brewing, and though my own talents manifested in a different manner--as my cutie mark of a valise can attest--I nonetheless grew up with plenty of exposure to both the finer and baser points of alcohol.

However, their drink of choice was new to me. It was a black, viscous liquid with a bitter taste and the burn of potent liquor. The sharkponies drank it as if water, carousing and mock fighting in equal measure, always in motion. I discovered that my grinning companion’s name was Sawtooth, and that he was the leader of a small gang of local pirates that had only happened upon our vessel because we were passing almost directly above the city.

I tactfully asked about the fate of the ship’s crew…
I inquired about the sharkpony Princess who was currently away…
Intrigued about my host, I pressed him for more details of himself...