• Published 6th Jul 2016
  • 889 Views, 59 Comments

Oceans of Darkness - nobody_in_particular



Sometimes when the pain is too heavy to carry around with you all the time, you have to write everything down, which is what I'm doing now. I can't believe they haven't noticed by now that there must be something wrong.

  • ...
0
 59
 889

Scootaloo's Letter

Dear Rainbow Dash and Soarin,
I really don’t know how to start out, so I suppose I’ll just get right to the point: I’m gay. If you’re still reading this, then please continue reading until the very end.
So I know this may or may not come as a shock to you guys. I understand if you don’t approve of me, or maybe you don’t want any of the girls I end up dating. So let me tell you this right now: if you think maybe this is a phase, it’s not. I’ve known for four whole years, and that whole time I’ve been working up the courage to tell you.
For the last week I've been wishing I could skip this day of my life, but at the same time I'd like to stretch out today as long as possible. I was so nervous, I cried more often than usual. I probably drank my weight in water after sweating and crying it all out. It felt like I drank all of the water from the Cloudsdale weather factory.
Please don’t give up on me. It won’t even be that different, I promise. And though you don’t understand, and may never understand, please try to.
And Soarin, please don’t leave Rainbow Dash if this news makes you want to. If anything, I should be the one to leave. I can go back to my old alley and you’ll never have to be disappointed again. You can pretend that I never existed. And if it makes a difference, I love you both.
I'm so sorry.

Scootaloo

Author's Note:

I can't think of anything to put here, so see you later. :fluttercry: