• Published 22nd Jun 2012
  • 1,088 Views, 18 Comments

6 Coloured Rainbow - Dashi Lover



Rainbow Dash finds herself caught in the center of a love rectangle that can only end well.

  • ...
8
 18
 1,088

Episode 1

<b>Author’s Note:</b> The events of this story are based before the events of the “Friendship is Magic” Show (About 1 year before). So there is no Twilight and Dash hasn’t become the spirit of Loyalty yet, among other things.

==========

Upon a cloud somewhere over the Whitetail Woods lay 2 young pegasi fillies. One was a cherry coloured pony with a yellow mane, while the other was blue with a brilliant mane of many colours. They watched the sun slowly dip down into the horizon, they did not speak; their company was enough.
The yellow maned pony rolled over and hugged the rainbow coloured pony from behind. “Dash?”
Rainbow Dash turned around to look the other pony in the eyes, “Yes Cherry Puff?”
“Do you love me?”
Rainbow Dash smiled and kissed Cherry, “Of course, more than anything else in the world. No matter what happens, I will always be there to protect you, I promise. Not even Celestia could tear us apart because I love you.”
A tear ran down Cherry’s face and she embraced Dash. A crack of lighting and bang of thunder interrupted the intimate moment. Cherry whimpered in Dash’s arms. Dash caressed her hair and spoke softly, “It’s all right; I’m here, nothing can harm you.” Dash looked around and saw rogue clouds forming, as black as obsidian. “We’d better get out of here.” Dash kissed Cherry on the cheek and stood up. “Those clouds are between us and Cloudsdale, so we’re going to have to fly around.” Another crack of thunder and the timid Cherry squeaked, then looked to Dash and nodded, confident that nothing bad could happen while Dash was watching over her.
They took flight, with Cherry flying close to Dash; first heading north to avoid the storm, then east towards Cloudsdale. However, Dash had miscalculated their trajectory and lead them strait into the storm. Vision was minimal, and the high winds where picking up stray branches from the forest below and flicking them around like an angered foal as well as making controlled flight very difficult. Dash looked around for Cherry; she was already 200 feet away, her wings were not strong enough to control her own flight. Just then a large tree trunk struck Cherry, knocking her out and entangling her body in its branches.
“CHERRY!!!” Dash turned around and flew towards Cherry, but she was fighting against the wind and she wasn’t fast enough, even as she pelted her wings as fast as her body could handle. She watched helplessly as Cherry’s body fell. She hit the ground with a sickening thud, the tree-trunk on top of her.
Dash’s heart sank. She flew down to the ground as fast as she could. She tore the trunk off Cherry’s lifeless body. She nudged her, “Cherry… Cherry, wake up... Cherry… <b>CHERRY!!!</b>”
Cherry didn’t move. Dash just sat there, watching over Cherry’s body. She didn’t hear the cracks of thunder. She didn’t feel the icy rain. She was empty. She sat motionless for what seemed like an eternity. Even as the weather team arrived and dealt with the storm.
One of the weather ponies landed next to Dash and checked Cherry’s pulse. After a long pause she put a comforting hoof on Dash’ shoulder. “I’m sorry… She’s gone.”
Dash closed her eyes, a tear running down her face, “I failed.”

---------- 7 Years Later ----------

The rainbow coloured streak flew across the sky at high speed, passing through the clouds and forcing them to enter her slipstream. She then did an 180degree sharp turn, going strait through the clouds, spinning around at high speed, knocking shards of cloud in various directions as she headed strait for the ground. Moments before she hit the hard earth below she fully opened her wings, hitting the breaks and slowing down just enough to land on her feet. She then flitted her wings, dispersing the remaining cloud and revealing the rainbow pony striking one of her usual poses.
The tan earth-pony stallion watching clapped his hooves together and walked up to Rainbow, “Well done, you’re getting better at that trick, you didn’t end up in the infirmary this time.” Caramel chuckled, and Dash playfully hit him in the arm.

---

Neither Dash nor Caramel could be bothered preparing food this time round, so they just ordered Ibexian. It wasn’t the healthiest food choice and was very greasy, but was tasty.
Caramel put down his bowl of rice and deep-fried vegetables. Creeping behind the couch, making sure Dash didn’t see him. Sneaking up on her from behind, he wrapped his hooves around her and kissed her neck passionately. Dash giggled, placing her own bowl on the table then pulling Caramel over the back of the couch. They wrestled until Caramel lay on top of her, holding her down and kissing her. After about a minuet Caramel stopped and looked down at Dash, “is there something wrong my dear?”
Dash gave him an inquisitive look, “Nothing’s wrong.”
“You just seem a little less… Responsive.”
Dash kissed Caramel, “There’s nothing wrong, Sugar.” Dash quickly rolled, ending up on top of Caramel, “Now… Where were we?”

---

Dash began her journey home as Celestia began to raise the Moon. A yellow pegasus walked past, she recognised her as her friend since childhood, Fluttershy. Dash landed and called out.
The yellow pegasus squeaked and looked at Dash. Almost immediately Dash felt warm, despite it being a cool night. “Hello Rainbow, how are you?”
Dash walked up to Fluttershy, “You shouldn’t be walking around by yourself, it’s late.” Dash smiled warmly, “Do you want me to walk you home?”
“Yes… I’d appreciate that… Thank you.” Fluttershy smiled and they began walking.
They did not speak much, but it was not an awkward silence. They had a way of knowing how the other was feeling and responding at a non-verbal level, almost like a psychic connection. They reached Fluttershy’s house. When Fluttershy closed the door behind her, Dash leant on it, thinking for half a minuet before heading home. “Get a grip Rainbow, you have a coltfriend, so stop thinking about Fluttershy. She’s your best friend, and THAT’S IT!”

---

Dash reached her cloud home. She had just finished building it a few months ago, so it was mostly empty save for the bare necessities. She went upstairs and lay on her bed, which was nothing more than a cloud that had been smoothed out to make it more comfortable. She reached over to the bed-stand, picking up a photo. The photo portrayed two young fillies, a light red pegasus, along with a blue pegasus with a mess of multicoloured hair. It had been taken just after Dash had won first place in the Windsoar Speed Competition, shown by the gold medal around Dash’s neck. The two pegasi were laughing about something, she’d forgotten about what. Next week would be the day the red pegasus was killed in a rogue storm.
Dash looked out at the moon through an open arch in the wall. The Mare on the Moon was carved on its silver surface. Dash wished she could have a second chance, to be able to redo that day and not fail.
Dash could have sworn she saw the image on the moon wink at her. She rubbed her eyes and looked again, but there was nothing different about the moon. Dash rolled over, “Don’t be stupid, Cherry is gone, dead, buried. Not even wishing to the stars can bring her back.” That knowledge brought tears to her eyes. She hugged the photo, she didn’t stop crying until exhaustion and sleep took hold of her.

---

The dark blue stallion would not be called in to work for several hours, so for now he just took a stroll through Ponyville and was planning on eating out for breakfast. On his way he saw a blue pegasus with rainbow coloured hair. He smiled, making sure his feathers were strait before approaching the pony. “Why hello there.”
Dash turned around to see a rather handsome pegasus. His wings were unfurled and she saw they were quite big. She had to keep check of her own to make sure they behaved. “Uhh… Hi there.”
“My name is Tornado, would you be interested in accompanying me for breakfast?”
Dash blushed, “Sure… Where do you want to eat? My names Rainbow Dash by the way.”

---

They’d eaten breakfast together, they talked, and then Dash found herself lying on a cloud with him. When it occurred to her where she was she blushed heavily.
Tornado leant over and kissed her, Dash’s eyes widened and she pulled away. He just smiled softly, “Oh? What’s wrong?”
Dash rolled over, “You’re hot but… I already have a coltfriend.”
Tornado just chuckled, hugging her from behind and kissing her neck, “Who said he has to know?”
Dash turned around, pushing Tornado off her, “I don’t believe this.” She said angrily, spreading her wings and taking flight.
“See you later Dash!” When Dash was gone he smiled, “You’ll be back.”