• Published 25th Jun 2016
  • 204 Views, 2 Comments

Eclipse's Journey - Eclipse_filer



I wish today was just like any other day but a quest has got to start somewhere.

  • ...
 2
 204

Catastrophe 2

The Elements Of Catastrophic

Part 1

Things are getting weird

We arrived at the front of the gate to Isis around the early morning. I was a bit groggy, but still wide awake. While Saphyre keeps “resting her eyes” while we were walking here. She almost walked into a few trees. Somehow she magically didn’t hit them for some reason, even if she was right in front of it. Shadow for some reason seemed still full of energy and happy, for whatever reason I have no idea how he can do that…While Rain was in the back of our humble little party trying to disappear in the shadows. I would question why but I just can't be bothered.

At the front of the gate, two guards were posted by they don’t seem to be paying attention. The guards were deeply into their private conversation to notice their new guests. Both guards are wearing light chain mail armor with helmets. The one on the left was a female griffin. She looked like she was crossed with a leopard and a falcon.While on the right was a brown male pony.

The guard on the left said “...and that’s how you win a game of cloud watching.”

The one on the right stated in amazement “It was so simple, I can’t believe I didn’t know.”

“Ahem,” Shadow uttered to get the workers attention.

The guard on the right say “Sorry about that, Welcome to Isis. The most welcoming town around.”

The left guard squinted his eyes towards the back of our group and exclaimed to his fellow guard “Joe! Look she has came back!”

Joe squinted his eyes and he declared “Well, well, look who is back. Nice seeing you again, No-show lightning bolt.”

The other guard said “really, I thought her name was the Raining deserter.It doesn't matter, how you been.Have reached your dream yet?”

Rain came out of hiding with a brave face and say “It's been great and I have had plenty of customers in my hotel so far.”

One of the asked “That's good to hear but why are you here then. You only come back here if something is horribly wrong.”

Rain's brave mask begin to fade away slowly from that remark. “I only hit a bump in the road to my long term success.”

Joe shook his head and said “Sure, sure, tell Midnight I said hi. Also, you should dodge.”

A shocked and terrifying look became Rain’s face. “Is...Is...it that...bad?”

Joe nodded and Rain gulped with a face of horror. Rain sighed and thanked the guard for for his forecast of doom.Then told him she would see him later as our group moved forward in the city with Rain taking the lead.

Isis did live up to its name, the streets were filled with plenty of different kinds of species all over the place. Dragons, ponies, yaks, birds, cats, dogs, were all over the place. It was a fantastic sight to see.

“Want to explain?” someone in our group asked. Which interrupted my enjoyment of the scenery.My eyes drifted towards Rain as she walked with a nervous look on her face. She said “It's not something for you guys to worry about. It's going to be long day for me though.” Shadow nodded but said “yeah but shouldn't Clips here want to know, from what you told us. You and Clips have had some bad experiences going to new places. Me and Saphyre are here for you for the long haul. I'm not sure if he would want to just leave.” Shadow looked to me, waiting for me to jump in. I nonchalantly say “Naa, I'm just glad we're fine, since we're not in jail right now.”

Rain slightly flinched from Shadow’s statement. She say “how about we split up for now. Clips, Saphyre how about you two go to the bar in the middle of town.The tavern is called Blue Tiger. Blue is normally where creatures post there problems. Me and Mr. 20 questions are going see about finding a place to stay.”

I said “fine, just try not to cause too much trouble.” Me and Saphyre started to walking towards the bar.While Rain and Shadow went off in another direction.

-Saphyre-

*Yawn* I'm not that tried. I would not be this sleepy if my sleep schedule wasn't be so out of whack. I get it, we need to sleep during the day and travel by night. One problem with that was how many animals in the desert live and survive that way out there.I was more worried of the animals attacking at night. Then the scorching heat baking us during the day.

Besides, I'm doing fine. I haven't hit anything yet even I close my eyes for a second or two. But it’s weird, one second I see the street ahead of me.I close my eyes for a few seconds and see tree with a wall behind it.Another blink and I was back on the road.For the next few minutes we were walking straight. Then, I blinked again and saw a door fly open towards into my face. I closed my eyes once more and oddly, enough I didn't feel any pain. I open my eyes again and see we were at the bar. I looked over to Eclipse and he was sweating with annoyed look at me. “We are never doing that again. Come on let’s look for some jobs.”
I have no idea what he was talking about but I don't care to ask.I nod then walked in the nice establishment.The sooner I can get some coffee, the sooner I can be at one hundred percent.Heck, I can settled for 70 percent right now.
It's was still really early in the morning, so the regulars and most customers were nowhere to be seen. The unicorn bartender was behind the bar, cleaning a shot glass.There was only on other customer in Blue tiger. There was a dragon here and seemed familiar to me but I can't place where.

As we walked in, the dragon had his large back towards us.Eclipse said “hi, we heard this is where, creatures pick up work?” The bartender raised and eyebrow and said “You guy must be newbies, Our board is on the right in the next room. But I wouldn't bother if I was you. It's too early for residents to come in and post there.”

Eclipse gave a muffled groan and sat down on the bar stool and "Fine, Mr. Bartender, do you sell?” Eclipse asked if they sold lattes, he said nope.If residents wanted lattes, he told us their is a Star Kick, 6 blocks to the left of here. At this tavern, the closest to a latte was coffee. I was overjoyed and asked for a cup of coffee with sugar, cream, milk and some cinnamon. Both my co-worker and the bartender looked at me. “How about just coffee with milk" I back up and said . The bartender nodded and told sure thing, as he walked to the back.
said something odd. “you three got something in common, none of you came here to drink.” I looked over to the other customer, he was eating pizza. I didn't notice, this before but be was wearing a hoodie, that hood was covering his face. He said “it's way too early to get drunk.I'm just here to fill up and hide from my old girlfriend.” The worker exclaimed “you have one of those? You got to tell me the story to that Nitro.” He nodded telling the worker, he will after he explains to her why he was gone so long.I don't know why but I think, I know him from somewhere. Is it the scale color, his voice, his eyes?


There was a little bit of silence before the other guy finished his meal. He said “waiting for jobs is the worst. You never know when they are going to come in during the day. If you left the tavern for an hour, then ten clients could come in and post whatever job. But it’s gone by the time you get back.” He turned to Eclipse and me saying “My name is Nitro Spark, please to me you.” Eclipse asked “You were listening?” He said “Well, there is only 4 people here right, counting the bartender. Also, I was right next to you guys.” Eclipse nodded saying “fair enough my name Is Eclipse Filer and this one of my companions Saphyre. We’re here to register for the upcoming exams.”

Nitro looked at us funny ”You two are going to take the exam? But that’s in a couple of months from now. What are you guys going to do until then.” We shrugged our shoulders and Eclipse said “I’m not sure it yet but first thing is first.We’re going to need some food and a place to stay.” I sighed in agreement with our present situation.

Then the Bartender came back out with my drink and gave it to me. I didn't notice it before but, the smell of freshly brewed coffee was in the air. It tasted like heaven to as a smile came across my face.It's been days since my last cup and that made this cup all the better.

“You should ask them to help you with your lady friend.” I guess the guy working behind the bar counter said it, I don’t know. I'm too busy being on cloud nine. Nitro said “I guess, since we got time to kill until something comes in.Tell you guys what, I will pay for the for the lady's drink and we'll call it even. I nodding thinking “free good tasting coffee is the best kind.”

-Shadow-

I wonder, where are we going to. Ms.Bolt seems kind of on edge. She is looking all round the street for something. Before I can answer, she stops in front of a large build. It didn't really stand out that much from the others. In fact, the only thing that stand out is the sign in from of it it, ‘Training Days’.

Ms.Bolt looked up with a confused look at the sign.Then looked straight down to the ground mumbling something under her breathe “.........I can’t believe….hope she forgives me.” Before I could react Ms.Bolt faced me saying “Shadow old buddy, old pal, I'm sorry you're going to have too see this. Things might get a little hectic and noisy.Be on your guard and expect anything could happen.But don't hurt anyone, stay safe.

I would ask you to stay outside but I need a meat shield.”As she said the words “meat shield”, I decided the best thing to do with this problem. “Well good luck with that, but I'm staying out here.” She sighed saying “come on, Shadow I do need your help here.” Then, she did something I wasn't expecting. She gave me the dreaded puppy look. She only did this when it's something serious. After a few seconds I gave into her. It was bad enough when Saphyre does it. “Fine, just this once.” I said in defeat.

Inside the building it resembles a fairly large library. There weren't that many other creatures in the building but, that’s pretty normal for what time it was right now. There was a lavender colored pegasus floating near the ceiling while wearing a dingy white t-shirt with overalls. Their clothes was dirty was a bit dusty with some faded oil over on it. The pegasus was repairing a ceiling fan with their back towards us. So is she the mysterious creature Rain was looking for a minute ago? Maybe it’s the librarian or maybe someone over in security. Then I heard an odd sound, it sounded like a chattering noise coming from somewhere nearby. I tried to find out where the noise was coming from. It was coming from Ms.Bolt’s mouth.

She looked like a nervous wreck. Her legs were buckling trying to keep her staying in place. Some sweat started to come drop down her face and she was shaking slightly. Some of her holes on her legs started to fading in and out of her disguise. I have never seen her like this before, she has been always confident, bratty and straightforward. However, she was still good at heart and there for you when it matters. Without a second thought, I reached over and hugged her for a full minute. I’m not sure, what happened here or who she came here to see. But whatever it is I’m not going to let it hurt one of my friends.

Ms.Bolt’s body returned back to normal after a seconds of being in shadow’s embrace. “Thanks, I needed that” Rain said in a small voice. Now, she stood proudly in the library and said the worker “Excuse me, is Midnight Twinkle here right now”. The pegasus pony kept going, like Ms. Bolt had not said anything. I tried using the bell on the front desk near the front desk. That pegasus was floating in front of us and flew over behind the front desk. They quickly stood up and said “Welcome to the public library, I am Midnight, how may I help you?” Her voice sounded mechanical and bored. Something like an answering machine after being drained of all emotion.

Ms.Bolt came up to the front desk and asked if we could talk to her in the back. She declined said anything she can say in the back, can be said her. She flinched a little bit then relaxed. Ms.Bolt said “come on talk to me, it's really important. “ Midnight said “not until I see your face and an apology.” “Nighty, you remember me but how did you know it was me?” coming from Ms.Bolt with a shocked look. Midnight says “Two things, for one you are still using the same perfume I gave you a few years ago.” I took a second and started to sniff the air a little bit, she was right. It was faint but there was definitely something in the air. There was a small hint of honey all around us. I can’t believe I haven’t noticed it. “The second thing is your appearance. You always take on that form when your trying to hide.” Ms.Bolt cheeks turned bright red from that statement and quickly faded.

Ms.Bolt says “It figures you would be able see it’s me. Seriously, your sense of smell and memory is frightening.”

Midnight responded “They need to be when your best friend is a changeling. At least I thought we ‘friends’.”

There was creeping silent grabbing a hold of the conversation, I was going to ask what’s going on but Ms.Bolt intervened saying “So…do you own this library? Like you use to talk about.”

She nodded listlessly “Yeah, as soon as I got it, I added the staircase in the back going up leads to an apartment building on the top three floors. There is a gym in the basement. ”

Ms.Bolt says “Nighty don’t be like that, we are friends and nothing is going to change that.”

“Reaaally, because friends don’t just vanish off the face of terra at the drop of a hat!” Midnight said with aggression in her voice.

“There is a very good reason for that and I can explain that later” Rain said.

Midnight looked towards me and said “If you are a friend of hers, keep an eye on her. She could leave at anytime and any place.”

Rain got really annoyed saying “That’s not fair, you don’t know the whole story.”

Midnight fired back “You are right, it’s not fair but a lot of things are not. When most are faced with an unfair situation, they work through it and become better from it. They don’t run away from their problems.”

Rain gritted her teeth asking “Look, I'm here to fix what I did. Also I am in a bad situation right now and I need a place to stay a for week with my companions.”

“Wait, you just magically pop up on my doorstep after being gone for 3 years. Then ask me to let you and creatures I haven't meet before stay in my house. Are you insane?” She said.

Ms.Bolt says “Yeah, even I thought it was a bad idea. But I figured you were my best shot. ”

She sighed says in a solemn tone “So, what do I need to do? ”

For the first time I saw Midnight smile, since I met her. She replied in an upbeat and cheery tone said “the usual but 5 rounds this time.We will use the gym down stairs. You know what will happens if you use magic.”

Ms.Bolt’s face literally lost all color. I guess changelings can do that. But this is the first time I seen something like this. It was bizarre watching her face turn bad and white.Changelings are very interesting creatures.

Her color came back in a few seconds and I said “ if that is what it takes for you to give me a chance, you're on.” I asked “what the usual?”

She looked toward to me. Quickly she said “sorry sir, did you want something?” Ms.Bolt said “oh right, I forgot to introduce you two.Midnight, this is Male servant number one.” I ignored her and said “ my name is Shadow Storm and I'm one of her, rooming companions.”
Before she could say anything Eclipse and Saphyre came in from the front door. Eclipse said “So this is the place, but where is his girlfriend...What are you guys doing here?” I said “Ms.Bolt is chatting with and old friend, you?” Saphyre said “killing time by helping a dragon until jobs are posted at that bar.” I looked further passed them but I don't see any sign of them. I naturally asked “Where is the dragon?” Eclipse started scratching the back of his head saying “Yeah about that, on the way here someone wearing a cloak, stole his wallet.
We're going to stop him and take them to the police. However, he told us he will handle it instead and told us where to go.”

This is starting to get complicated. I'm not sure what the usual is but I can bet they are going to be fighting each other. Honestly, I don't want to see to two friends fight. I said “Excuse me Miss Twinkle, Do you have the latest issue of Tracking Star, or Nurse who?”
She responded in monotone voice automatically, almost resembling computer kiosk. “that is in the science fiction section, it’s the third row to the right of here.”She must really want to fight. Eclipse and Saphyre are here, so Miss Bolt does not need me. So I started heading toward the science fiction section. I said “I going to take pass on watching that one on one match. Seeing to friends fight always leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth.”

-Rain-

Where does he think he’s going? I just asked him to stay here for moral support. You know what fine, he can go read his books. I got Saphyre and Clips, I am going to be fine. Midnight told them to follow her and they walked farther into the library. The building seemed larger than most would guess, it almost seem like it was expanding. Leading them to a door to the left side of the building with a small sign over top of it saying gym. The stairs lead to a wide and spacious basement, with a large mats covering most of it. There was two doors in the back with benches to the left and right of the mat.


Midnight said “Pick whatever side you want. I’m going to grind you into the dirt.” Rain went to the right side of the mats while Midnight went to the left. Rain announced “Let’s get started”. Midnight took off in air and flew straight towards Rain. She wasn’t fast enough to stop her and got rammed into the floor. Midnight mounted on top of her and started punch her rapidly. Rain flipped her over and got on top her to do the same thing. But before Rain could land a hit, Midnight hit Rain on the left side and Rain’s body froze up like she was a statue.

“My point” Midnight said as she slipped from under her to her respective side. Rain fell to the ground and got back up. She nodded and Midnight rushed her again. Rain grabbed the all the beaches but the one watchers were on. Then throw all of them at her at the same time. Midnight dodge on of the oncoming benches. Used another benches as a springboard and grabbed the last one. Then smacked Rain across the face with the bench, sending her into a wall.