• Published 25th Jun 2016
  • 204 Views, 2 Comments

Eclipse's Journey - Eclipse_filer



I wish today was just like any other day but a quest has got to start somewhere.

  • ...
 2
 204

Part 2

Chapter 2

A day passed since Victor’s gang was defeat. The cops came soon after the battle was over. To see what was all the ruckus about. It turns out the shock wave from the Ms.Bolt’s bubble popping was loud enough for most ponies in town could hear it. We were brought back the police station for questioning. After giving the officers our statements on our “over zealous” welcoming. Offices thanked us for our actions but warned us not to keep doing it. “Like it or not, those bandits are working under the protection of Lupin. Lupin’s protection was giving them a free pass for them to do whatever they please. If we got involved, the ruler of Lupin would have had our badges.” I asked “Who was the ruler of Lupin?” Marco stepped in and said ”The leader is an alicorn called Crimson Lotus. She is also known as The Demonic Lotus.” I raising an eyebrow in interest Marco continued on. “Lotus is an Alicorn, that was recently crowned as Queen of this land about 3 years ago. At first she seemed like a promising leader.But one day from out of the blue her personality changed. 2 years later, she enslaved Lupin.Lotus then raised the taxes for all the nearby towns.”

After the chat with Marco, Ms.Bolt order me to make dinner while she had to go and get ready for the trip. When she got back she had two large bags ponies would use for camping. She had 10 canteens filled to the brim with water, an excessive amount of rope, two grappling hooks, six hoagies, 2 black and white shirts. I gave a confused looked saying ”Are we going travel somewhere or are we camping for a week?” Ms.Bolt said “We need this much to get through the desert.” My tone switched to serious saying “Wait we’re walking to Lupin? Can’t we take a bus or carriage or something?”

Ms.Bolt shook her head saying “I wish, but her royal highness limited the amount of times for the transportation from Lupin to Aster. The last one for this week was two days ago.We need to go as soon as possible.” I said “Why not wait a week later? They are still going to be there in a week. Or who knows maybe they might come walking in work tomorrow.”
Ms.Bolt walked up to me and glared.The room suddenly felt slightly colder, while the look she was giving me was intimidating enough to make a full grown dragon submit to her.It was almost like she wasn’t looking at me but something or someone else.It's a good thing I am good at hiding my expression or she would have known I was only a little scared of her.She said “I have been waiting for them for months! I'm done with waiting! You can come with me and get paid or leave.I don't have patience to wait anymore.”

Right now, I’m doing my morning workout in my room and I’ve made my decision. Whether I like or not, Shadow and Saphyre have been gone for way too long for them to comeback and act like nothing happen. But I can’t travel with Ms.Bolt, not when she is hiding something. I could ignore it if I knew something about her besides her ‘wonderful personality’. Or if we were going to a place I’ve been to before. Heck, I don’t even know what they look like.There are too many questions and not nearly enough answers. Ugh, but I can’t just let Ms.Bolt go into the desert by herself. I’m not even sure if she is a pony at this point.*Sigh* I stopped doing exercises and started walking to the entrance of the hotel to find Ms.Bolt.
Right now, Ms.Bolt was sweeping the front entrance of the hotel.She would have left last night after collecting everything she needed and eating dinner. She was too tired to go out the door. So now, she is waiting for the sun to go down. Since traveling at night is the best way to go in the desert on hoof.

I opened the door saying “Morning Ms.Bolt, can I talk to you about something?” She sighed and stopped cleaning the front of the building and came inside. Ms. Bolt had a very concerned look on her face as she passed by me. While not even looking at me she declared “Fine, follow me.” We walked to the second floor and walked two doors to the left. The room looked identical to my room except the room was a little messy. The closest is wide open showing a few dresses, hats and other things. She turned around but Ms Bolt still was not looking at me and says “This is my room, talk.” Looking straight at her I said “I want to help you, but there is too many things I don’t know. Tell me more about yourself or our employees, so I know what I’m risking my flank for.” Ms.Bolt sounded depressed as she responded back to me “Are you sure, this is what you want?” I told her yes and I heard the door lock behind me.

I noticed near her hooves, embers of green flames sparked in the floor. I was going to push her out of the way of the flames. But before I could move, her body was engulfed by the flames. The flames were so bright I had to cover my eyes for second. Oddly enough, the flame didn’t give off any heat. 3 seconds later the fire disappeared without leaving any scorch marks on floor.

The creature standing there seem close to a pony but there were a few differences. The mystery creature had black fur but their legs had holes in them.The pony like creature looked up to me with a pleading expression saying don’t scream.The eyes were replaced with light blue orbs. The long flowing blonde hair was cut or burnt down to short red hair. The mark that was their flank had also disappeared. While I was still holding the look of disbelief, it says “So, is this enough information.”

I had no idea what to say. I had more questions than ever now about who the is she. But two things was a definate, the only way to find out is asking her directly. The other thing was, if that look she was giving me was any sweeter. I would be getting cavities. So I did the first thing that came to mind. I sat down on to the floor and said “Nope, now I’m not even sure what or who you are anymore. However you got my full attention, so I want to hear your story. I will decide after I hear it.”

The creature sigh and said “Fair enough, for starters I am a changeling and Raining Bolt is my name. Changelings are insect like ponies with the ability to naturally transform into other species of creatures. Changelings also have the ability to sense and feed off of emotions.” I having some doubts I asked “so how do you sense emotions?” Her mouth opened and some kind of energy formed and a small orb of energy was formed and she ate like pieces of candy.After she had finished, she said “You're curious, confused and concerned.Odd though, I thought I was going to taste revolving. ” I replied back in a defensive way saying “You would be too if you had heard all of this from someone you met yesterday.”In a matter of fact tone she says ”Yeah but it's the truth.Now I am going to tell you my story.”

“Changelings and ponies have never gotten along.Mostly because Ponies seen Changelings as over sized magical leeches.While Changelings normally see ponies as gullible and delicious.We don't eat ponies but we do drain the emotional feelings out of any species. Unfortunately, ponies believe Changelings are dangerous. But it’s actually safer than they think, I could drain a pony’s emotion for a day.But the emotional drain would not be life threatening. Against the truth, the popular belief was the drain being life threatening. So your kind decided, it was better to stay away from ours. That would have been fine except your kind is the one of the biggest emotional landmines I has ever seen. So like a filly to a candy store, we’re drawn to you guys” she said.

I raised a hoof to my chin as if I was piecing a jigsaw puzzle together. In a confused tone I said “With your ability to shapeshift that would make the job to hide is way easier. But that does not explain why you’re here now.” Rain replied with “Yeah, I was getting to that. Well, when I was young, my parents wanted me and my sister to follow in their footsteps. They wanted me succeed them. But I knew and my sister knew my dreams were elsewhere.My dream is to own a successful Hotel. So when I was older and had enough money to leave.I was gone before they could find me.I've been hiding ever since.”

Taking this in I asked her “why didn't you talk to them about it.” Rain got more depressed from my remark. She says “I tried repeatedly to tell them but it is in one ear and out the other.” She looked directly at me, her eyes began to water and said “If this isn't enough info, then who needs YOU!”

“Woah, calm down there I'm not saying no. I was making sure, I knew what I was working for now. How about we leave at sunset?” A smile formed across your face and I could hear the door unlock.Sighing, I asked Rain “You did need to lock the door?” Rain dried her eyes with one of her fore legs and said ”I did; the last time I did this, the pony ran trying to get help.” In a dry tone I said ”Well, you just light up on fire and change subspecies.” She says while walking to the door and walked to the hallway “I guess but that was a problem from a while back. It’s doesn’t involve you.”

On that note, the next couple hours I spent resting until near sunset. Rain was cleaning the hotel.At sunset I heard Ms.Bolt saying “time to go.” I got up and said “It's a good thing, I never unpacked.” I grabbed my bags and we’re on our way to Lupin.

4 hours of walking northwest later.I asked “So how far is it?” Still walking forward Rain says “We're still another hour away on hoof.I guess you're getting bored from the silently walking.” I nodded and said “Well the first hour was fine.It's just 2 to 4, is driving me mad. So how about we talk about payment?” Ms.Bolt was shocked for a second and replied ”But, you already accepted the request.” In a flat tone I declared ”Just because I like to help people doesn’t mean I’m not running a business. So how about a compromise for what my fee.” She sighed and nodded in agreement.

I declared ”How about one month at the hotel for free and with one date with one of your female worker. ”

She fired back ”One day and the date is only if she is okay with it.”

I said “3 weeks, the date and a free hot chocolate.”

She said “2 weeks, the date and that is my final offer”. I said sure, we stop for a second and shook hooves.Then we when back to walking.

Then what Rain said next took me by surprise “So why do you want a date from my employee and not me.” I took minute to think about what she said to me and say ”Well, you don’t seem all that interested to me.” Rain raised an eyebrow and ask “So, why are asking for a date as payment? What can’t the bad flank good guy get girls when he feels like it?” I looked away and sighed ”I don’t feel comfortable telling you about that. So what does your employees look like?” Rain gave annoyed look and said “That’s not fair, I told you about my family, dream, race but you can’t tell me about your dating life?”

I told her my dating life was complicated and asked what the prince and princess looked like.Rain said “take a look” and we stopped for a second. She took off the pack and green flames enveloped her body. Through the flames, I could see her fur change to black and her muzzle turned into more of a canine’s built version. The nose was black.The tail turned black with a blue tip.Her body turned more masculine, her body started to match the average built for a male but with bit more muscles than normal.Blue and white tattao like thunderbolts appeared on her legs and below his eyes.

My jaw dropped at the sight of what I was looking at as the flames blew away. ”I guess being a changelings has it’s perks. Wait, can’t unicorns do the same thing with magic.” Rain repiled in masculine tone “Yep, but for them it hard to maintain their transformation longer than a day. They would also have a harder time holding that and swapping genders.” My eyes went wide with in disbelief.I opened my mouth but Rain cut me off saying ”Yes I’m a guy, I have none of the lady parts right now.All changelings can do this, it’s almost as a easy as breathing.” My eyebrow raised automatically and I asked ”It’s easy to swap genders?” Rain says “A changeling needs to be able to completely alter themselves if needed. It could be the difference between waking up the next morning or not. This is what Shadow looks like.” I got a good look at his face and tried put it in memory.

The sparks from the green fire took over her body once again and her body morph back to a feminine physique but still retained her wolf like appearance. The lightning bolts disappeared from Rain’s body. Part of the fur on her face turned gray, with her under belly and back legs turned gray. Long dark blue hair flowed down from her head to her back. The bangs completely covered her eyes. The only other thing that stood out on her was her ears. The flame faded away once again like it was business as usual. I asked somewhat interested “So, I guess this is Mell?”. Rain gave me a confused look and asking me who was I talking about. I told her sometimes I like to give nicknames to things something times for no reason at all. She looked at me with a look that screamed weird. Then she shrugged it off, changing back to her pony form, grabbed her pack and we continued our journey.

An hour later, we arrived at the front gate. The gate screamed giant evil villain fortress, or at least it did for me.The outer was large and made of crystal. While walking toward the crystal like structure, I could see few of the crystals higher than the others.The crystals pulsed every minute like clockwork. There was two guard ponies was standing, they looked like they have been up for 5 days straight. The guard barely looked like they could keep standing from the way their legs wobbled. Just what the heck was their boss thinking placing somebody on guard duty when…
“Halt! In the name of the active ruler Princess Lotus, state your business” one of guard ponies yelled. At least they weren’t sleeping on the job but I bet those two have seen better nights.

Rain responded ”We’re just tourist wanting to see Lupin in all its glory.” The guard came in the conversation saying ”Visitors have not come to Lupin in months, besides it’s the middle of the night.” Rain came back with “Me and my boyfriend, have been planning to come here for months. our bus broke down a few miles back. Please, let us in so we can sleep in a hotel tonight.”
The other guard laugh saying ”Sleep? Haven’t you heard of the rules of Lupin, all residents are required to work 18 hours a day, 9 days a week.”
I looked at him oddly for a second.Rain whispered to me “These two are barely awake.If the guards are like this, then the city must be a wreck.” I nodded and agreed to the guard’s rules.One of them ushered us into the city.The whole place was asleep.Only a few buildings still had its lights still on.The building that guard pony led us to was two stories and had a billboard.The billboard had a weird mark on it, I couldn't make it out from the darkness. He stop a few feet away from entrance to the place and announced “This is the town’s registration building. Sign up here and the motels will take you in”. He then went back at a slow pace.

As he walked away I said in a low tone ”Wow they must be running these guys ragged.” Rain smiled, quickly nodding and asked ”Do you think we could just go straight to the hotel and skip the registration thing and do it tomorrow? I’m kinda tired from the long walking here” I replied with “Let’s just go do it now, so we don’t have to worry about it in the morning”. She sighed in defeat and says “Sure, however if I fall asleep and you leave me in there. You are paying for your stay in my hotel and it will be doubled”. I shivered at the thought of that and agreed to her terms.

We went inside to find a rather bland looking female receptionist half away asleep behind the front desk. Rain went up to the from desk and knocked to wake up the sleeping worker. ”Awe mmmm... Wel..come to the Southwest registraaation center of Lupin. How may I help you?” The sleeping mare stated. Rain mumble ”you can start by not yawing”. I elbowed her into the side to behave and I said “We are sightseeing from the city of Aster and we were told to sign in here.” The receptionist contorted in confusion, looking at a nearby clock stating ”You’re visiting lupin in the middle of the week and it’s three in the morning.”

Rain jumped in saying “We were really busy working in my hotel on the day the bus came in Aster. We would have been on that bus if this guy, got all of the his work done. Then he complained and whined for a day straight like a little colt. Until I caved and we walked all the way here.” I was staring daggers at her though her recap of this weeks events and agree to it.
She says “I guess, I will believe your story.” She hoofed over two visitor pasess and said “I hope you enjoy your stay.”

I was feeling a little tired too so, after leaving the registration place we headed straight to the nearest motel. The motel looked similar to rain’s hotel.The only thing that made it stand out is the paint job. The clerk at the front said “hello, who can I help you?” This mare seem to be wide awake, despite how late it was in the night.She had long brown hair with fur of a similar tone.Other than that she did not physically stand out much at first glance.

She then said “If you wish to stay the night, then it is going to be 15 coles. But the town’s law states, male and female visitors are not allowed sleep in the same room together. However, you can still pay jointly for the same price.“ Both mine and Rain’s eyebrows shot straight up thinking “Okay this is suspicious. What kind of town has that kind of rule?”

Brushing that aside, Rain agreed to pay for both of us.The clerk ushered them into the motel.She took Rain to a room on the second floor and seem like a room similar to in Aster but no mirror. She then brought me back down to the first floor, to the far back of the building.There was only one door there and it seem odd it was that far back.The door led to a yard filled with males sleeping on the ground. Before I could turn around and say something the clerk pushes me out the door, locking it in a swift motion.

I banged on the door yelling “What the heck is this?” The clerk replied saying “This were all males sleep dogs sleep. Now I have work to do so I must be leaving, bye-bye.” I heard her start to walking and I banged on the door harder saying “HEY, WE'RE NOT DONE TALKING YET!” As I was about to bust down the door someone stopped me saying “Don't bother, that door is reinforced by magic.It's going to take a rampaging dragon on steroids to get that.”
I looked over to see a donkey with red with red eyes and he was yawning. I walked over to him, noticing he was using his jacket as blanket while wearing headphones. I walked over to him and sat down. He says “I'm Toka Dalelion of the Aladonks and I'm the prince there” while offering a hoof bump. I responded with “My name is Eclipse filer but my friends call me clips.I'm a helper for hire” I completely the bump. “So, what's with this motel it really sucks.“ He replied “Yey, but from what I hear from the rest of the guys here.It's like this everywhere in this town. The queen supports and demand the men here are treated this way. ”I had a confused look on my face asking why would she do that.”She see men as a useless, defective, troublemakers.” I asked “what could have caused that to happen.” Toka shrugged and said ”I don't why either.I would love to play detective but my main concerns are to start a working relationship between here and Aladonk.”
I asked while be a bit puzzled “Why here? The ruler is sexist and only going to support you if your home is mostly female.” He shook his head saying “I didn't know about this, until I got here. Besides, any support is better than at nothing. I'm going to go see her after the battle today.”I gave another confused look and he continued on saying “Each week, all males are put into gladiator area to fighting her pet dragon.”

In an alarmed response I say ”But dragons are CITIZENS like you and me.” Kota grimly said “not to her. Any creature not a female pony is either trash, pets, slaves or worse….entertainment.”My eye flared open and asked “Then what happens to visitors, that are not ponies!?” He said “They are either servants to the queen, or dragon chow if the rumors are right.”

I looked up in the starry sky thinking “What did I sign up for?” Then said “Okay I'm going to see this Crimson Lotus. ” I look over to Toka thanking him for the help.He wonder If I did believe him.I said ”Well you didn't give me a reason to not trust you.So yes I believe you. Now I'm heading to bed good night.”I then try to get some sleep on the cold hard floor.