• Published 19th Jun 2012
  • 3,437 Views, 56 Comments

A Sweet and Shy Summer - Treblebeat



It's a lovely summer in Ponyville and potential love is in the air.

  • ...
4
 56
 3,437

Cheating?

I woke up this morning and prepared myself. Today is the day that I would finally tell her how I feel about her. I'm very, very nervous about this, however, I have this feeling that it will turn out well. I got out of bed, went downstairs to make breakfast, and I waited a while. I knew today she was going to be a bit busy in the morning, but she will be so happy to see me!

After an hour of waiting, I finally left, bouncing along the way because I was so giddy. I was also nervous as well. Still, I made a commitment and made myself a Pinkie Pie promise that I would tell her. After another half hour of bouncing, I made it to her house. I knocked on the door and called out to her, "Flutters~" I called. I knocked again and after a while I bounced away, thinking she may be behind her house.

I bounced past the chicken coop and caught a glimpse of something yellow. I bounced in and landed behind her with a loud *THUMP*. I giggled softly, I was so ready to tell her, but... She seemed sad for some reason, I could hear her sobs. Still, I might as well ask.

"Hi there silly filly!" I exclaimed. Oh what was I thinking calling her a silly filly!? Urgh, I'm so stupid. Oh well, I said it, "How are you?" I asked, finishing what I started.

She mumbled something, I couldn't understand what she said.

"I'm sorry, what?" I asked. I looked at her and saw how upset she really was. Oh this won't do! "You sound sad! Well let's turn that frown, upside down!" I said as I made her give me a fake smile. She pushed my hooves away. What have I done!? Oh stallion, what am I doing...

"Please, just go..." she said, sobbing a bit. I couldn't leave though, I made a Pinkie Promise...

"But I have something to say..." I said softly.

"Can't it wait...?"

"Well... I guess..." I said, "But I've been waiting to say this for a long time..."

"Well, you'll have to wait longer..." she said bluntly.

"Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease?" I begged. She yelled at me. She responded with a loud "No!".

"I'm really not in the mood for the stupid thing you have to tell me!" she shouted. I... I have no idea what to say, is that how she really felt...? Is that what she thought about me...? Was everything I said stupid...?

I began to cry, sobbing loudly, as I turned around I saw a chicken, lying there past Flutters. That must be why she's sad, but I don't know for sure. My only concern was to leave. I ran out as quickly as I could, crying aloud. I ran home as quickly as possible and slammed my door shut, locking it.

The sound of a balloon deflating could be heard as long strands of hair covered my eyes, I knew my mane had deflated. I just covered my eyes with my forelegs and cried. I cried for who knows how long.

I stood up, sniffling, my eyes red and puffy. I didn't care. I slowly walked out the door, the Cakes wanting to talk to me but I pushed them away. I just wanted to go for a walk.

When I left the door, ponies saw my deflated mane and walked away, they didn't make eye contact, they ducked away, they didn't want anything to do with me. Everypony hated me, I knew it! They all thought I was stupid, or silly. They didn't like me... No pony did...

I bumped into a pony, I looked up, "Sorry..." I said, I then saw it was Rainbow Dash.

"Hi Pinkie, is there something wrong...?" she asked.

What was that...? Was she actually... Concerned about me? Did she want me to be happy? I couldn't think, I didn't think, all I did was lean in and kiss her, deeply, blushing brightly. After I broke the kiss, Dashie was blushing as well.

"Wh-What was that all about...?" she asked, looking at me, wide-eyed.

I didn't say anything. I just hugged her tightly. There was only one pony in the world who cared about me... That was Dashie... Forget Fluttershy, she thought I was stupid, she thought I was annoying, everyone did, but she actually liked me... I just held her.

Dashie fidgeted a bit, she was nervous, I could tell, but this was alright... I kissed her unexpectedly. Still, we will be together forever.

"I-I have to go!" she said, blazing off, a trail of rainbows behind her. I wanted to call out to her... But I couldn't. She left me too, like the others... Still, she will be mine, and I will do anything to have her. I watched where she was going and I followed her.

I made it to wherever she was going before her and when she arrived, I planted a kiss on her nose. She went away again. I followed again, planting a kiss on her cheek this time. Finally, she gave up after 3 more instances of this. She sat down next to me.

"Pinkie, what's wrong... You're not yourself..." she said, looking into my eyes. I looked back into hers, in love.

"Oh, nothing's wrong, my love..." I said, smiling at her.

She blushed deeper, again. "No, there is something wrong, your mane is still flat, you still look depressed... You need to go home. I know you don't love me... I don't love you, please, just leave me be..." she said, patting my back and kissing me on the cheek this time. I assume to make me happy. It didn't work and I threw her hoof off of me. I ran away, again. I cried, again... Is there anypony who will love me...? I got home, slammed my door, locked it, and climbed into bed, crying myself to sleep. There was no pony for me, no pony to love me... I'm going to die alone...

In my dreams, I dreamt of Flutters, and me... Together, happy... I woke up with a start. It was almost like a nightmare. I put my eyes in my hooves and began to think... I thought about the previous day... What I did with Dashie... Was I... Cheating of Flutters...? I don't know what to think anymore. I just laid back down and attempted to sleep. I never did though and I laid there, staring at the ceiling until morning.