• Published 27th May 2016
  • 1,513 Views, 49 Comments

Saving Princess Twilight - StormLuna



Now that the princesses are safe and Starlight as been crowned "The Warrior Princess," everypony's attention turns to Twilight, who is still under the control of Trixie. Starlight is now making plans to save her, but she won't be doing it alone.

  • ...
9
 49
 1,513

Celestia Learns the Truth

Two weeks had passed since Starlight's coronation and all seemed to be well. She had been training with the unicorn guard to make them an even more effective training force and was working with the pegasi guard on effective ways that they could take out enemy forces as well. While she kept herself busy for a good amount of the day, six days a week, one thing continued to bother her, the situation that Twilight was in. Her nagging voice continued to warn that if Twilight was not released from the spell prior to the birth of her foal, that Trixie's spell would not be able to be reversed so she went to talk to Celestia.

For Celestia, it was a rather uneventful day. She had no disputes between ponies she had to settle, no diplomats from abroad she had to deal with and since Starlight had taken control of the military, she could feel that Canterlot was a much safer place. She thought to herself, "Now this is what being a princess is supposed to be like! No petty squabbles, no problematic diplomats and no threats." Her stomach began to growl as she continued, "I'm thinking perhaps I should just relax and have some cake!"

Just as she was getting ready to summon the chef to get her some cake she heard the racket of a pony in armor heading towards the throne room. She thought to herself, "Oh great. Just as I was going to have a stress free day, something just has to come up."

Starlight saw her and asked, "Celestia, do you have a moment?"

Celestia sighed, "Well I was about to have some cake but yeah. What do you want to talk about?"

Starlight replied, "You know how I get those nagging voices in the back of my head sometimes?"

Celestia said, "Yes. What is going on? Do you think we are going to get attacked?"

Starlight replied, "No. That voice is telling me that if we don't free Twilight from Trixie's spell before their foal is born that Twilight will forever be under her spell, that we will never be able to break it."

Those were two things that nopony had ever told Celestia and this angered her. She snapped, "What? Princess Twilight is under some sort of spell of Trixie's and she is pregnant and none of you ever bothered to tell me this?"

Starlight replied, "Well no. After I went to Ponyville and my friends and I went to check on her we discovered what was going on. I was going to tell you but then I got deeper into my studies, then the changelings attacked, then the unicorn army and I saved all of you and now taking control of the army made it skip my mind."

Celestia yelled, "AND HOW FAR ALONG WAS TWILIGHT WHEN YOU LAST SAW HER?"

Starlight replied, "I'm not sure exactly but I'm thinking it was around six months after you took me in so my guess is that she was roughly 5 to 5 1/2 months along."

Celestia sighed, "Ok, it has been four months since then. So if she was 5 1/2 months along, she should be nearing 10 months now so we need to come up with a plan in less than a month* in the event she was to give birth early."

Starlight replied, "Come up with a plan? Can't we just charge in there and cast a proper spell?" Starlight could see an unsure look forming on Celestia's face as she continued, "Look, Trixie and her pathetic street magic won't be a problem for us."

While Celestia could see Starlight's point, she knew things about this that Starlight did not. She sighed, "Look, I don't know a lot about what is going on but from what I do know about this is that you can't just head in there and save Twilight. This isn't a search and destroy mission."

Starlight replied, "I know, I know. I know that we're going to have to find some sort of counter-spell."

Celestia asked, "Starlight, you still lived there when Trixie and Twilight began to grow really close. Do you know of any books that Trixie may have found this spell in?"

Starlight replied, "No, I do not." She hung her head low and continued, "I had done enough involving mind control in my past that I never even looked at those kinds of books."

Celestia could understand why but knew that something had to be done. She asked, "Starlight, do you think that perhaps if Twilight sees her friends that might help break the spell?"

Starlight replied, "Well we've tried it before and it didn't work but if you are there as well, perhaps it will break it." She saw Celestia get up and continued, "Let me go get Spike and let's get going."

Celestia said, "You must have been reading my mind. Let's get going."

Starlight yelled, "Wait, we need to grab a horn cap."

Celestia asked, "Why would we need a horn cap?"

Starlight replied, "So we can place it on Trixie's horn. We can't have her releasing any energy at us while we are breaking that spell."

Celestia said, "Ok, grab one and let's get going."

After grabbing a horn cap the two headed towards the exit. While Starlight was confident that they would be able to break the spell and remove Trixie from Twilight's life, Celestia was not so sure. She knew that even average unicorns can cast powerful spells and felt that Starlight was wanting to treat this more like she treated the invasion of Chrysalis's cave, a method that simply would not work.

Author's Note:

* The normal gestation period for a Shetland pony is 11 months and that is what I will use for this story.