• Published 25th Nov 2011
  • 6,710 Views, 180 Comments

Focused eyes - Banksyt



Just getting to know a pony can go along way... and set you back some

  • ...
11
 180
 6,710

Theater of the happy

I do not own My Little Pony or any of the trade mark entities that grace these chapters.

Enjoy!

Theater of the happy

Half way through the book the two mare’s fell asleep. Not that the particular book was boring, in fact Twilight was go as far as to say it is captivating. However there’s just something about lying in the hooves of your lover that makes you drowsy, something pony scientist have never fully understood. But they have some theories, which would bore you to death if I tried to explain. Let’s just say that it involves a few hidden dimensions and some string. Twilight’s giddiness to have found a study buddy and the fact that it was also her mare friend was completely eradicated the first minute of reading with Sunshine. Something about her was so docile, so calming that she fell asleep instantly. Which Sunshine followed closely still feeling the effects from the muffin earlier that day. Through the window you could see the beautiful panorama that was the sunset, a bright orange bursting through the cloud cover, which was slowly disappearing to leave the open sky filled with the reddish colors. The two stirred in each other’s embrace but didn’t wake up. A lone Pegasus flew by the library that evening in search of a book on painting, but instead had found the two. He later went on to become famous for his painting named “Two mares’s lying together in a library tree as the sunset”.

Spike had the most wonderful day on the apple farm. He had brought up Apple Jacks knowledge of his relationship with Apple Bloom; the two then went to talk to her which confused them even more when all she gave was her blessings. Why would Apple Jack bless them with a long and happy life? Despite the confusing words of Apple Jack they both had the most peaceful of days, taking a hike through the apple orchard. A swim in the apple creak and then a nap in the barn. The day couldn’t have goon better for spike other than the fact that he knew a surprise party was most likely right around the corner, no. Well then the next corner.... Spike was walking very quickly on his route home, the pink mare could be just about anywhere at anytime. And the gossip she knew would blow Rarity’s mind. Calm down Spike...she probably doesn’t know yet.... But out of nowhere there was a bright pink flash and Spike was gone... the only thing left behind was a small cloud of sweat outlining Spikes baby dragon form.

It was long after the lone Pegasus had finished his piece and left that either of the two mares finally awoke, It was Sunshine who opened her eyes first two see twilight mere centimeters from her face. She was more beautiful that Sunshine had ever imagined, dreamt and fantasized. If Miss Equestria had only one judge and that it was her, Twilight would win every year even if she didn’t enter. Sunshine knew a lot of words (more than half of the total word in the full equestrian dictionary) but none of them were worthy of describing Twilights beauty. And that was just her face, Sunshine didn’t even want to think about how soft and warm Twilights coat was. It was like Twilight was the hybrid of an insanely plush toy doll and a unicorn (this of course was not the case, otherwise there would be no Twilight and this story would not exist). Sunshine took the chance to just snuggle even more closely to the lavender mare sniffing through her mane; a sweet flowery aroma that would make the best gardeners jealous filled her nostrils, mind and body. But it was at this time that Twilight stirred from her deep slumber filled with the blond haired mare, flying through clouds of blueberry muffins. They were surprisingly soft and light. As Twilight’s eyes forced their way open she could feel a warm thing on her chest, like she was wrapped in the softest, warmest blanket in all of Equestria. She forced her eyes all the way open to see that it was Sunshine who was wrapped around her, and vice versa. She attempted to stay as still as possible so as not alert Sunshine of her ascension from slumber. But Sunshine’s head was deep in Twilights coat and she could hear the increasing heart beat boom in her ear. She moved her head up and saw Twilight staring back, the blood rushing out of her body and into her face. She could have sworn Twilight’s heart skipped a beat. Realizing that her own face was becoming hotter and hotter she slid out from under Twilight and sat up on her haunches deeply embarrassed at the reaction from Twilight. “Umm, good evening Twilight” she whispered through hushed breaths.

“It’s already night time? Hehehe that was quite the nap.” Her smile grew reaching the edges of her face, she was still on her back her hooves the blood that had been closed shut from her forelegs rushing back in. Giving her those pins and needles feeling she got when she forgot to switch arms when she read a book. “Oh, but what time is it? Spike should be home.” Oh that’s right, Spikes the one who always gets the mail.

“Well I’m sure he’s fine, do you have the time maybe?” Pony watches were rare, and hoof drawn ones were only right twice a day.

“Yea, I have a clock in my room.” She rolled on to her hooves, wobbled a bit which warranted Sunshine to rush to her side and aid her. Also warranting the rush of blood to her face, this caused her to lose blood in her legs again, making her wobble more. And therefore needing more support from Sunshine (you get the pattern). After half a minute of struggle Twilight was on her feet and heading up the stairs leading to her private room. After arriving at the top of the stairs she noticed somepony wasn’t following her “are you sure you’re not coming Sunshine?”

“What? Oh sure... if it’s not too much trouble.” She followed Twilight up to her room, those thoughts from earlier today returning in full force. Whoa calm down there, you only just got her. Take it slow, you’ll get there eventually. And how she wished she could get there very soon.

“Well let’s see then, ah! Its 5:30 then, wow I almost never nap that long.” But she knew very well why she did.

“5:30? Oh! Dinkies play!” She had nearly forgotten about the little filly again, maybe Twilight wasn’t very good for her if she was always forgetting her one jewel in life. Don’t say that! Love is never a bad thing.

“Oh yes, Apple Jack mentioned that. Said something about Applebloom performing in it too. Hmm Dinkies your filly right?”

“Oh yes, she’s my little muffin.” Sunshine smiled more; she wanted nothing less than Twilight approving of her daughter. She couldn't wait for them to meet and become best friends, it was imperative that they did.

“May I ask how she came about? I didn’t know you were in a relationship before...well me.” Sunshine stumbled, Why did she have to ask that! Whoa whoa, calm down there girl she doesn’t mean any harm, just tell her. Its best she knew. “Oh I’m sorry, you don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to. I’m sorry I brought it up.” Twilight hung her head low, only 4 hours in and she already managed to hurt Sunshine.

“No...no please don’t beat you self up for it, I need to tell you this anyway. I got Dinky...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was over, he had left her. She tried to console herself, He told you that he would have to leave one day. But why today! He had to disappear from the face of Equestria and its history today? It was all so hopeless; she had seen his departure coming. And yet she managed to fall in love with him and now...Now she had his foal. She was pregnant with a foal who would never know the name and face of his or her farther. Never know the joy of growing up with two caring parents to guide you through the steps of life’s precarious stairs. Never know the joy she once felt herself... She kept asking herself the same thing, again and again... Why me?

Years had passed, her foal was born. And turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to her. She was truly happy that she had one pony to live her life with; she just wished she had two.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m sorry, I didn’t realize. I would have never asked.” She hugged Sunshine again, feeling the fresh tears roll down onto her mane.

“No... Its okay, I needed to tell you that. I didn’t want you to think I was...”

“I would never. You mean so much to me; I would never think that of you.”

“Thank you, that means a lot.” Sunshine smiled and squeezed out of the hug to look into Twilights eyes. “I’m just happy you understand.” She glanced another look at the clock on Twilights wall. 5:50! She was going to be late! With a start she jumped up off the bed startling Twilight.

“Oh! Where are you going?”

“The play! It starts soon; I’m going to be late!”

“Oh! It does! Don’t you worry, I’ll get us there in a jiffy” She slid of the bed sounding rather smug.

“How?” Then Twilight tapped her horn “Oh, I forgot about that, hehehe. Are you sure you want to come? I’m sure you know the story all too well, how many times have you read it?”

“8 and counting, but I’m not going for the story. I want to see Dinky.” She said with the most loving smile she could manage. It hit home, Sunshine blushed deeply. Twilight really wanted to get to know her, and her daughter. She couldn’t have asked for a better pony to fall for. She moved over so that she was standing next to Twilight extending one of her wings over Twilights back. Twilight giggled, and then became silent. “umm...are you sure we want to do that, not that I like it but other ponies might say something... but I’m okay with it if your okay with it.” Sunshine didn’t miss a beat.

“They can come if they want, it won’t change how I feel Twilight.” Twilight nodded, and wished that she could be as brave as Sunshine was. Focusing her magic in her horn a light purple bubble enveloped the two mares and they were gone.
They arrived at the front end of the school, the play was almost underway. The two mares hurried to the back, Sunshine retracting her wing not wanting to be late for her daughter’s performance. Twilight smiled, she kind of wished she had a filly of her own now. Maybe if you play your cards right you will. She trotted closely behind Sunshine, basking in the lovely smell that had gotten her into all this. It was pure bliss.

They quickly found seats and just in time as the play began. Despite some mistakes in lines, and the occasional bout of silence it was a very nice modification of the Traditional story. She never knew that manitcores had those kinds of feelings for each other. As the play came to a close the cast returned to the stage and took their bows, the audience instantly got to their feet and gave a standing ovation. “That’s my filly!” Sunshine shouted much to Dinkies embarrassment. As things wound down and parents began to leave their exhausted fillies in tow Dinky ran up to Sunshine jumping into an embrace.

“Did you see me Momma? Did you?” She still had so much energy, a trait she probably got from her mother. She was jumping up and down like she had endless amounts of energy, which she probably did. Twilight wondered how Sunshine got her to bed.

“Of course I did my little muffin, you were beautiful on stage. Maybe someday you’ll get your cutiemark in acting.” She beamed at the little filly, meaning every word she said. But then she remembered who she was standing next to, she turned to face Twilight. “Twilight I’d like you to meet my dearest muffin Dinky, And Dinky I’d like you to meet Twilight.”

“Ooh ooh oh! You’re the librarian right? I love your books!”

“Oh ha-ha no no, I don’t write the books Dinky I just keep them safe so other ponies like you can read them.” She smiled at Dinkies enthusiasm even if her question was rather ignorant. But you can’t really blame them can you?

“But why do you have so many, you can’t read all of them can you?”

“Oh but I have, it’s really nice. You should try it sometime.” She made a mental note to go through the libraries catalogue to see if she could find anything on acting for fillies. Dinky played Juliet perfectly.

“Can I Momma? Can I? pwease!” She pulled the most adorable face, Twilights heart exploded for the fifth time that day, any more and she’d have to go to a hospital. And not just because she was looking at a face of pure 100% D’awww, but because Dinky actually wanted to come by the library to read. She almost reminded Twilight of herself when she was just a filly. Throwing herself into study just so she could learn magic at Celestia’s school. It made her smile.

“Yes, of course you can. You can go whenever you want; Twilight will always be there to help you out.” And she said that with a longer period of time in mind. “Right Twi?” Twi... I like it.

“Oh... yes of course Dinky, anytime.” Twilight returned the sweet smile to Dinky whose face was brighter than the sun.

“But not tonight, for tonight we celebrate your success!” She shouted raising a hoof to the stars that were beginning to come out.

“YAY! Can Twilight come? Pwease momma!” Both mare’s were shocked at Dinkies sudden proclamation, they turned to face each other face wide smiles donned both mares.

“Would you care to join us twilight?”

“I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

The stars were shinning Brightly across the sky, and as always Twilight was simply lost in the sheer beauty of it all. She admired them not because they looked beautiful but because they shone day and night, never stopping regardless in anypony was looking or not. Until now Twilight couldn’t find anything that shone as brightly to her, until she met Sunshine. She knew she had only just met her but in the time that she did, she knew that Sunshine always shone for everypony. Even now that the sun had gone down, she looked just as radiant as she did when it was sunny out. Twilight chuckled as she thought how apt the name Sunshine was for...well Sunshine. They were walking down the brightly lit main street of ponyville, also aptly named Long Street as the whole town was built along the road. Ditsy was running in between Twilights and Sunshine’s legs almost tripping them up a few times, she laughed and giggled the whole way. It reminded Twilight even more about the pink mare, whom she had seen very little of today. Which wasn’t good, the air smelled of surprise.

“So where are we going tonight Sunshine?”

“Oh just to Dinkies favorite restaurant, The big daffodil. They have the most amazing hay fries.”

“I can imagine one dragon who’d love to have come.” She remembered about spike, whom right now was reading the hastily scribble note telling him she was out and that she was sorry about the oven.

“Don’t worry I’m sure he’ll be fine, come on tonight’s supposed to be a fun night out!” she grinned throwing a hoof over Twilights back. Which subsequently caused Dinky to come to a halt, she stopped and stared. Momma never did this.

“Momma? Are you in love with the librarian?” Everything came screeching to a halt. Twilight whom wasn’t drinking anything was able to spit a spray of whatever it was, and Sunshine quickly took of her hoof trying to hide the ever present burning sensation in her face. She stooped down to Dinkies level.

“Yes, Dinky... Momma... likes the librarian.”

“And the librarian loves likes momma.” They looked at each other, and everything clicked. Twilight knew Sunshine wasn’t ready for the real deal and she respected that. Twilight plopped down next to Sunshine nuzzling her and smiling at Dinky who’s smile had never left that adorable face.

“YAY! Now I have two momma’s! Weeee! Were going to have so much fun!" Sunshine smiled and let out a little sob, and she began to shed a tear.Twilight saw it and hugged her even more tightly. But Before she could try to comfort her Sunshine spoke up.

“Did you know....” And she was chocking on the last words, a slow trickle of tears flowed out of her eye. “That happiness can make you cry?”



Authors note:

To all my fateful readers, I thank you for your time but I must let you all know that if it wasn’t for BronyGuy and his fic “Opposites attract” I wouldn’t have found the inspiration to write this here fic. My thanks go out to him.

Oh and please please don’t forget to rate and comment, it’s hard to gauge how I’m doing if you don’t. THANKS!
Sorry if you guys wanted to see some Celestia in there i'll put some extra into her part next chapter.