• Published 25th Nov 2011
  • 6,710 Views, 180 Comments

Focused eyes - Banksyt



Just getting to know a pony can go along way... and set you back some

  • ...
11
 180
 6,710

Mare's, books and love

As per traditions I must first tell you guys that I do not own My Little Pony and any other trademarked entities.
Now sit back and enjoy!

Mare’s, books and love

Sunshine could have sworn that it wasn’t winter at all, in fact she was blushing so much a puddle was forming around her hooves as she stood outside the library. And she could see, well she could always see but when she looked at Twilight it was as if someone upgraded her eyesight to Blueray. Whatever that is. Her sudden ability to see that twilight had a bruises on her left foreleg and to be able to read the spine of a book 5 meters away did not make her feel any better. In fact she was quite worried at what this could possibly entail. “Sunshine? Are you sure you’re okay? You feel quite hot?” Oh man I can see everything look that book reads the backpacking-hoofs guide to Canterlot... Wait what? Hot? She thinks I’m hot? Which only lead to her getting even more flustered?

“Yea... Um I think I may be coming down with the flu, it’s a possibility with all this snow.” Phew, nice save there Sunshine.

“Oh! Where are my manners? Please Sunshine come in, come in! We need to get you inside.” Worry clung thick to her words. She’s actually worried about me... I think I’m in...Whoa whoa whoa there, she’s just being friendly. She probably doesn't even feel the same way.

“Oh...err thanks but I’m supposed to have brought you those books you ordered, but their quite heavy and I didn’t want anything bad to happen to you again...” Oh why did you bring that up? Now she hates you even more! Twilights eyes twitched, but she didn’t miss a beat.

“Oh yes that’s right, so... shall I come with you to the post office?”

“If that’s what you want.” Please say yes, please say yes.

“Oh it’s quite alright with me, let me just go get my scarf.” Which much to Rarities would be dismay, was of course purple. Wow, she really does love the color purple. “Shall we get going then?” she asked as she locked up the library. But once again the mail mare was lost thinking purplish thoughts. “Sunshine, are you sure your quite alright?”

“...Oh! Yes I’m quite fine thank you, just lost in thought” Beautiful dreamy thoughts.

“Oh yes I know what you mean Sunshine.” She said softly letting a giggle out. She did get lost in thought a lot; it was almost a trademark thing for Twilight. She could be thinking off anything from inter-temporal space travel to why birds liked bee’s so much. But she could only focus on one thing at this moment, that addictive muffin smell that floated off the mail mare like a scented candle. And it was taking all of her mental power to keep her from stuffing her face into that silky blonde muffin smelling and probably tasting mane. If Sunshine was to turn around right now, she would see twilight giving off beats of sweat from the epic mental battle waging within that massive cranium. Reason had the upper hand, but not for long.

“So...Twilight what books did you order? Cause they are certainly very heavy.” Sunshine began wanting to learn more about the mare of her dreams. Whoa whoa... wait, yea she is... There was no denying that she had fallen for the purple unicorn. Well it had been her dream for a few weeks now. And she was so desperately close to achieving it, well at least from what she thought. Which wasn’t far from the truth, Twilight was certainly having a great time trailing behind the mail mare.

“Huh? Oh umm... their rather advanced, I don’t think you would have heard of them...” And Sunshine stopped, much to Twilight’s glee and turned. Not to Twilights glee. A solemn face donned the mail mare’s face.

“Try me.” She said.

“Well, if you insist. I ordered Star swirl the bearded compendium on dark magic defense, the dummies guide to elemental control and the Greatels guide to magical math. It’s definitely not my biggest order that’s for sure.”

“Wait, when you mean Star Swirl the bearded you’re talking about the author of The magic of Pegasus an intricate guide to the magic of the skies. Correct?” Twilight's jaws hit the floor. And since I’m talking about a unicorn there is magic involved. You see when a unicorn becomes sufficiently shock and or surprised her jaw with the aid of some magic is able to elongate until it physically hits the ground. This has caused a lot of shock too many ponies, who had proposed to unicorns. They weren’t sure whether they were happy, sad or aliens.

“You know of Star Swirl the Bearded? But no one knows about him, but Princess Luna!” her mind was blown. She didn’t know what would make her think any better of Sunshine, a pony she only met 20 minutes ago. If Sunshine was Rainbow dash she would have thought Twilight was insulting her, but being well read and all that jazz she knew it was quite the compliment. This just resulted in her needing to have another long discussion with the snow, up front and personal. It was actually quite refreshing, she didn’t know why she didn’t do this more often. I mean it’s not as if I could be more of the towns clown? She forced her head up even before Twilight could launch another set of “are you sure you okay?” questions. Get a grip sunshine, once you get inside the post office there’s no conveniently placed pile of snow for you to hide in. Twilight was getting rather worried about the mail mare’s compulsive nature to stick her face in the snow, whenever she said something. Maybe there’s a correlation, I should attempt it again to deduce what causes it.

“Sunshine, has any pony told you that you smell really good?” Wait What!?! Full tilt! Full tilt! Begin recovery process! And it was now Twilights turn to stick her face in the snow, which was rather hilarious because Sunshine had heard Twilight and her blush grew 10 times. And so we now see two mares’ mere inches from each other’s faces, stuck in the snow. This would be a very convenient place for a certain pink earth pony to arrive, but she wanted to watch and see, things were getting interesting. Plus she just cooked up a batch of popcorn.

Twilight was the first to take her head out of the snow. A snow mustache following in suit. Sunshine also decided it would be a good time to return to reality, no matter how beautiful those dreams were. A snow goatee followed. The two mares looked at each other and nodded, fully acknowledging that any mentioning of the last minute was never needed. But Sunshine’s head was just too curious. “Do...do you really think... I smell good?” Damn blush, why won’t you leave me be?!? Because Europe. ???????????????

“Umm, yes... I do think you smell really good, but I think it’s because I’m hungry and you smell like muffins.” no it isn’t! Brain stop reasoning, you know full well why you think that! Sunshine was disappointed, but not down for the count, she was going to have Twilight Sparkle, the most beautiful, smartest and most adorable bookworm in all of Equestria. But her lack of courage was doing a great job at impeding her progress.

“Well, umm thank you.”

“You’re welcome” cue awkward silence. This to Twilight’s relief was broken when aforementioned pink pony dropped in between the two whom had got rather close to each other.

“HEY TWILIGHT! OH HEY SUNSHINE! DID YOU SEE THAT? HUH HUH HUH? IT WAS SOOOOO AWESOME! I WAS LIKE WOOSH, UNTIL DASH WENT SWOOSH AND THEN I WENT NYYYYOOOW! AND THEN I FELL! IT WAS AWESOME WASN’T IT? WANNA TRY TWILIGHT? SUNSHINE CAN DO IT WHENVER CAUSES SHES A PEGASUS, BUT YOU DON’T HAVE WINGS SO WANNA TRY?” Despite being dropped several hundred feet the pink mare was able to restrain herself from turning into a very pink pancake. Which was far less a reason for concern considering the compromising position the two mares were about to get themselves into. But that’s not what came out first.

“How do you know Sunshine’s real name Pinkie Pie? I didn’t know you knew each other.” Pinkie pie didn’t see anything, don‘t kick a lying dragon as they say.

“Oh silly Twilight! I know everypony in ponyville remember! Everypony!” That’s right; Twilight had forgotten how much Pinkie Pie got around. AAAAhhhh! I didn’t mean that! Brain stop it, these aren’t appropriate pictures! Wait you can do that?!? Aaah, don’t remind me of that! We were drunk! As Twilight began another major tussle with her mind, Pinkie Pie had left to see what more physics defying things she could do. Sunshine just stood there, it was now her turn to look worried for the purple mare huddled up in the snow. Twilight was visibly shaking, that traumatizing night was playing over and over again in her mind.

“Twilight? Are...are you okay?” she edged closer to her and lay a hoof on her back, attempting to comfort the obviously compromised unicorn. Twilight stopped convulsing but the thoughts didn’t stop, in fact it was all the same just with a different “partner”. As a unicorn that never really got out much. Thoughts like this were not something she came across very often. And almost never at this level of vulgarity. She saw her doing things with muffins that she didn’t know possible. A few minutes later and a sob or two, Twilight had calmed down both mentally and physically maxed out, she needed those books right now.

“...Okay....I’m...fine...now...thanks Sunshine, this never happens to me. I don’t know what caused it.”She said standing up and shaking the snow of her coat thinking don’t you dare mind!

“It’s okay, but are you sure your fine?” Each soothing word flowing into Twilight, maybe that book can wait...her voice is just so beautiful...and that smell too...mmmm...

“Yes, I can assure you I’m quite alright.” Then she blushed “Thanks for helping me out there, I don’t what I’d have done if you weren’t there.” Then Sunshine blushed, that compromising position looking rather nice right about now.

“It’s no problem Twilight, I’m just glad your okay now. So shall we go get those books then?” Remembering the reason they were out here.

“Yea, we should. Let’s go” The pair began trotting once again to the center of ponyville in search of the post office. Well at least Twilight was searching for it, Sunshine knew exactly where it was. The air was crisp and cold, Twilight was grateful she remembered to bring her warm scarf and not the mind numbingly think scarf that rarity had made for her. The town was now starting to wake up, most of them by the bell tower as it struck 12 o’clock. Wow I guess I’m not the only one then. Or is it just because its winter? As they rounded the corner the post office came into view. It certainly wasn’t the biggest post office twilight had seen, but it seemed homely. Closing in she could that there were large clear paned glasses windows donning the front of the post office. She could clearly see from here what was going on inside, a line of ponies were lined up all waiting to get stamps for their letters and packages. Sunshine moved to open the door and as soon as she did a wave of warm air blasted Twilight, aaaah this feels good, no wonder Sunshine loves working here it’s so homely. The library was obviously heated but only to a certain extent; no one wanted it burning down just because somepony felt cold.

“Here we are then, why don’t you come round back so can pick out your books then?”

“Huh? Oh yea sure, lead on.” Sunshine walked round the corner, dazed unicorn in tow.

“Well here we are your books. That’s, and, and , yep all three.” And sure enough there they were, all sitting nicely in a pile. The tomes were so big it rose to Twilights knees. But she was sure she could carry them all.

“Well... thanks Ditsy... I guess I should be going, Spike would get worried... but would you...um like to...”She trailed of Fluttershy style.

“Yes Twilight?”

“I said, would you...like to read with me maybe?”Twilight turned going bright red. It was just audible, and thanks to sunshine’s powerful hearing she picked up on it. And it was her turn to drop her jaw, but not all the way. Was the mare of her dreams asking her on what could be (with some major revising) a date? She didn’t know if she should go Pinkie Pie or play it cool, but one thing was evident. Those bright red cheeks of hers.

“I... if it’s okay with you... oh but I forgot you have work, I’m sorry... maybe another time?”

“What, oh yea, work... maybe this afternoon? I’ll drop by the library around 4’ish?” She was greatly let down, how could she forget her work? But she wanted to go with Twilight; she wanted to spend every minute with her.

“Yea, that would be nice...I’ll see you then...”

“Yea, see you...” Twilight turned and trotted out, books floating in line behind her. Sunshine thought to herself how lucky I am... the one and only Twilight loves me back.

ROYAL PALACE
Princess Celestia’s private chambers

Celestia sighed, it had been only 10 months since Twilight had left Canterlot and she was missing her every day, like she missed her sister after her untimely banishment. The days were boring and long without some sort of magical catastrophe that her faithful student seemed adept at causing. Celestia chuckled as she reminisced the day twilight had managed to switch the gender of everypony in the castle. The number of same sex marriages shot up after that certain day, it was a rather closet opening experience for the whole castle. And it had in fact allowed for the inspiration for the creation of a few “interesting spells” (including the magic wand...for mares). The whole castle just wasn’t the same without the purple unicorn, but Celestia knew that she was indeed happier where she was now. But Celestia on the other hoof was quite the opposite.

It had begun quite recently, after the gala. She had grown up so much; Celestia was completely taken back by how much Twilight had become the beautiful mare she knew Twilight would become. Celestia knew that it was only a few months since she had last seen her but, sometimes when your deprived of something long enough your mind tends to exaggerate it. But this was no exaggeration, Celestia saw true, and what she saw only made her even more aware of her feelings. She had against all that was reason and logic, for a mare who had lived many millennia; seen many lovers in that time had fallen for Twilight. And she wanted to spend the rest of eternity with her. And it wasn’t an easy decision that was for sure, Twilight would be for her, the first mare in her long line of lovers. A line she intended to end with Twilight. Celestia heard the door creak open. “Tia?” Celestia sighed.

“Yes Luna?” She knew what Luna was here for, to talk.

“Tia, it’s not right that you lock yourself up in here, you need to get out of your room.” Luan really wasn’t the one to talk but she was right, it wasn’t right for the monarch, and ruler of the sun to be locked up in her bedroom. But her mind had really taken quite the twist these last few weeks.

“I know sister, but I do not feel right to rule over our subjects in my current state, you understand right?” Luna did, for the longest time Luna would not venture anywhere but her room and the library. But thanks to time and the insistent nagging of her sister she began to make her presence more known. Mostly trough pranks, and ones Celestia was proud to call pranks.

“I know Celestia... but pry thee tell me what is making you so glum?” Luna wasn’t aware yet, it was too early.

“I... promise me you won’t hold this over my head?” she cocked an eyebrow and showed her most “I will banish you again if anypony finds out” face.

“I promise sister, I would never hurt you like that.” And she meant that sincerely.

“I think... I think I’m in love again sister.” Shock was anything but prevalent on Luna’s face. Luna knew that Celestia took care when choosing her lovers. And some of them had given her reason to fret, but they all worked out one way or another.

“Oh, well that’s very good and well sister, but why is it causing you such grief”?

“I...I think I’m in love with Twilight sparkle...” I should go ahead right now and say that when an Alicorn drops her jaws it has a sort of finesse. Sparks fell from the contact of Luna’s jaw and the cold marble floor.

“You don’t mean?”

“The one and only sister.” That was true; there was only one of her beautiful form.

“And you believe that you’re in love? I do not mean to be rude but, kinky much? You know student and teacher... there’s much fun to be had with that...”

“Sister! I do not find you antics amusing!”

“Be calm sister, I meant none of it. But if you are truly in love with her, why do you hold it in? It cannot be that my sister the ruler of the sun, the symbol of courage and power be scared to let a pony know of her feelings?”

“I... how dare you...It’s really not that easy Luna...”

“Not that easy, Celestia I have seen you pick up stallions that would make every mare in the land jealous like they were lollipops. A mare couldn’t be that hard.”

“Its not that sister, I... don’t want any more, just her...”

“FFFFFOOOOORRREEEEVVVVEEERRR!!!” Celestia and Luna spun round searching frantically for the source of the sound. But none were found.

“Oh My! I see why you were so hesitant now; you truly plan to make Twilight your last?”

“I...well when you put it that way... yes. I do wish for her to be my last for eternity.”

“That’s a long time sister, but If you are sure, then you should go get her, there’s no time like the present.”

“How very true, but no I must bide my time. I will make my move at the up and coming sun celebration. I want to make it special.”

“And I’m sure you’ll make her the happiest mare to ever grace Equestria.” But nothing could be further from the truth.