• Published 11th May 2016
  • 433 Views, 2 Comments

Where are the Apples? - Griever



Applejack wakes up only to find a mess of a morning staring back at her. Let's just say, Luna wishes her some sweet nightmares.

  • ...
 2
 433

ORANGES!?

Applejack was too tired for words as she tromped through her family home. Passing Granny Smith’s room, she shook her head. That old mare sure could snore. Hah, she wasn’t as bad as Big Mac though. She let out a snicker as she passed her older brother’s room. His snoring could be heard from Twilight’s library. Hay, it could be heard from Canterlot for all she knew. One of these days Celestia herself might send a letter just to ask what kind of monster was living in their house. A monster that only came at night, and lived in the bedroom next to hers. Now, silently laughing, she continued walking.

Finally getting to her room, AJ let out a sigh of content. The day had been so tiring; from bucking apple trees, and trying to get Apple Bloom to take a bath. That little filly sure loved helping others get their cutie marks. But, really, who wanted a cutie mark about rolling in mud.
Setting her beloved hat down on a chair, she slowly got into bed. Her mind already asleep before her head hit the pillow. If only she knew what kind of terrible thing was about to happen.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Orange Juice! What’s takin’ you so long?” Big Mac yelled to her from outside her door, “ We gotta get back to buckin’ the trees.”

She moaned, rubbing her face with her hoof. Who was Orange Juice?
“Go away Big Mac,” She yelled back, her eyes finally opening. Only to find the sun blaring back into them.. Stupid su- Wait! She overslept! Panicking, Applejack got to her hooves. Her right hoof quickly putting her trusty hat onto her head before running out the door. Nearly knocking over Big Mac in the process.

He steadied himself with a frown on his face, “ Who the hay is Big Mac?” Still frowning, he followed his sister to the kitchen. Not before bumping into Orange Blossom though.

“Oof,” She squeaked falling onto her flank, as her hair flopped over her eyes, “ Really, Big Orange?“

“Sorry,” He smiled forgetting about Orange Juice and helping his youngest sister to her hooves “ I wasn’t lookin’.”

Orange Blossom grinned back, “ No worries Orange.” Both of them continuing their walk to the kitchen where their sister was staring blankly at the wall.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Excuse me Granny, “ AJ said, her whole mind only focusing on how late she was as she scooted around the elderly mare.

Granny Smith smiled back, “ No problem kiddo. I just finished making an orange pie and thought you’d like a piece.”
AJ stopped in her tracks. Orange pie? Why’d she make one of those? Applejack looked over to her Granny’s innocent smile.. Something was different. She inhaled. No apple smell anywhere. Looking over to the table, she only found orange products. Was someone playing a trick on her? No… In horror she looked at her flank. Only to find three oranges on in. She sighed looking away, it was the same three ap- WAIT ORANGES!

Big Mac’s cutie mark sure did look like an orange as she passed him this morning. But it couldn't of been?
“Is something wrong, OJ?” Granny Smith looked at her with concern. Orange Juice always loved her pies. Maybe her appetite wasn’t with her that morning.
Orange Juice didn’t reply, her eyes having found themselves on the wall.
At that moment Big Orange and Orange Blossom walked into the kitchen. Both of them immediately stopping their prior conversation.

“Is somethin’ wrong with OJ?” They both asked in unison, only for Granny Smith to shake her head.

“I don’t know. She’s never acted like this before, “ Granny looked over to her grand foals. The same bewilderment plastered on their faces as well. “Orange Juice, are yo-”

“Where are the apples?” Applejack interrupted, her eyes wide with horror. Her hat slowly falling off her head to hit the ground with a quiet thud.

“Apples?” Granny Smith replied. Her eye brows creasing, there was definitely something wrong.

AppleJack turned to her, “ Yes, apples. Where are they?” She started to hyperventilate, her body shaking like a leaf on a windy day.

Before Granny could reply Big Orange answered instead, “ Why would we have apples on an orange farm?”

Applejack gasped, before running out the door. “ They have to be here!” She yelled turning her head to where her beloved apple trees should have been. Her jaw went slack. " No!" She fell to the ground dramatically like Rarity once did.

" What kind of monster could have done this!?" She yelled at the sky, her hooves pounding at the ground.

"Uh, OJ? You alright?" Rainbow Dash asked, her rainbow trail fizzing out behind her as she landed next to her friend. Applejack didn't answer her eyes having gone blank while her mouth kept muttering apples. Turning her head to the house, she rose a blue eyebrow. Only to get a shrug back from Big Orange. " Well, if this is because I crashed into you're barn the-"

Applejack got stiff, " You did what!?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Lulu, what are you doing?” Celestia tiredly asked her sister as she walked into Luna’s room. She had been woken from the sound of mad cackling, and hoped that Nightmare Moon wasn’t wearing her sister’s pajamas at that moment.

“Oh, just having sweet revenge Tia,” Luna replied sweetly before focusing back onto Applejack’s dream.

Celestia frowned, “ On who? “ Her sister sure loved her dream powers.. Just sometimes not for the best of reasons.

“That little pony who controls the element of honesty, of course, “

Her eyes widened before turning into a full glare, “ Why Luna! That’s un-”

“Those apples we got this morning for breakfast, “ Luna said, “ Had worms in them right?”

Celestia shuddered. Of course she remembered that.. Since she had been the one to bite into one. Still, “ Were those apples from the Apple family farm?”

“Yep,” Luna replied.

The Sun Goddess turned back to the door but before exiting she said one last thing. “ Have fun.”

Author's Note:

Oh, jeez. My first story on here.... I truly apologize for any mistakes it has in it. PLEASE don't down it if you don't like it. Just tell me what's wrong in the comments and I'll fix it. :pinkiesmile:
Thanks! :trollestia:

Comments ( 2 )

You're right, there are a few mistakes. Shall I fix 'em?

7256644
I would love your help! Hopefully I don't have too many mistakes in there.. I tried to make it as smooth as possible. But then again, everyone does have a mistake hidden somewhere. :twilightsheepish:

Thanks for the favorite too! :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment