• Published 8th May 2016
  • 4,645 Views, 304 Comments

Moving On - Manitive



This is the story of William Wright, a normal person who wants to live a peaceful life, but is doomed to make big crucial decisions. Follow his tale through the hardships of life and other...rather uncommon things.

  • ...
33
 304
 4,645

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Fifteen - Welcome, Beginning of Arc 2

The first thing my brain recorded were voices, maybe a dozen or so. At first they were far away, incomprehensible, but they gradually got clearer.

I didn't know what happened, hell, I didn't even know who I was.

As I swam into consciousness I also noticed that I was laying down with a soft surface under my back, which, after taking a second to analyze it with my hands, turned out to be grass; but I didn't remember falling asleep on grass. I smiled absentmindedly, my body threatening to slip back into sleep just at the feeling of grass caressing my back, but a sudden jolt of pain in the back of my head prevented that.

I frowned, mad at my body and whatever caused the pain and thereby prevented me from getting back to sleep.

I reluctantly opened my eyes, and when they were fully opened I was greeted by the sight of fluffy clouds and a clear blue sky. I took a deep fresh through my nose, the small smile from before creeping itself back onto my face at the sweet smell of fresh air.

But the air smelled too...clean.

I then felt something hard poking my stomach over and over again, like it was trying to figure out what exactly I was. I glanced down out of the corner of my eyes, seeing something white connected to another white quadrupedal something.

In the fraction of just a second every single memory came back to me. I remembered who I was, what I was, what happened and where I (probably) was. I also became an idea of what that quadrupedal something could've been.

I'll tell you, it is pretty damn painful to get so much information and memories back in such a short time, emotionally as well as physically, but I was glad enough that I even got them back.

"His body's kinda weird..." A high-pitched voice declared, the poking stopping for just a moment before resuming.



I released a long, drawn out groan, feeling my strength coming back to me. I slowly but surely uprighted myself, rubbing my forehead with one hand, desperately trying to soothe the pain coursing through it. The pony, if I guessed right, that was poking me quickly retracted its limb from me as soon as it noticed that I, the spooky human, was moving, quite possibly afraid of getting eaten alive.

I tried to get a look at my surroundings; to inspect who exactly was touching me earlier and maybe point out that my body wasn't strange, but as soon as I lifted my hands away from my forehead I was confronted with something completely different than I was expecting.

I was indeed lying on grass, but that grass belonged to a big hill with a fantastic view over the surrounding area. My mouth hang open, but not because of the grassy grass in front of me or the hill I was lying on, no, it was because of the surrounding area.

To my north-east was a dense forest, so dense that there was no way for me to see what was hidden behind the thick foliage. I don't know what it was, but something about that forest was really spooky, like whoever went in there would never find a way out, at least not alive. What surprised me was that someone was living so close to it, if that small cottage, which, to be frankly, looked more like a huge bush with a door and some windows in it than a cottage, was inhabited at all.

My eyes darted away from that spooky forest into the completely opposite direction. To my north-west stood something that definitely was a farm, with what looked like a infinite amount of apple trees surrounding a big red farmhouse. I instantly had an assumption on whose home that charming house was.

But now to the most surprising thing that caught my eye for longer that just a few seconds; the small town that lay to my north, inhabited by an unbelievable amount of different-colored blobs. Blue, green, turquoise, purple, red; every color you can possibly imagine could be seen. But not only the ground was controlled by those blobs, the sky was also. A variety of different colors darted around the sky, sometimes smashing right through clouds or even landing upon them.

It was so beautiful, so calming, so...colorful. Everything I saw seemed brighter and more saturated than ever, like god himself turned up the color saturation of this world.

I was simply astonished.

...So astonished that I failed to hear the ponies that were behind me, asking me if I was okay, until my lord and savior, Rainbow Dash, seemed to notice that I wasn't on the-hell-that-place-was-called anymore. She tapped me on my shoulder a few times until I noticed that she was trying to get my attention. I turned myself around to look at her.

...And about ten other ponies.

I blinked. Hard.

"Wow." I said awkwardly, eyeing all the ponies that were standing a few meters in front of me.

Of course there were the six familiar faces: Twilight, Scootaloo, Applejack, Rainbow, Celestia and Luna; I knew those ponies, the last two only to a degree, but I knew them.

I had no idea who the other ones were.

I'll start with the pony that looked like it was about to explode from happiness, if the unnaturally big smile and the way she was hopping around the others was any indication for that. She was an earth pony mare with a light pink coat and a slightly darker pink, poofy mane. I was sure that she had some kind of mental disorder.

Don't judge me, you would've thought the same if you were in my place!

The next pony that caught my eye was a unicorn mare with a white coat, the color not far away from Celestia's, and a well-kempt purple mane. I couldn't help myself but notice the disgusted look she was giving me, and the sad thing is that she didn't even try to hide it.

Seriously, she could've at least tried to hide her disgust for me!

Ugh, moving on.

Besides the white, incredibly rude unicorn stood a pegasus with a light yellow coat and a pink mane. I would've told you guys what her expression was, problem is that she tried her best to hide her face behind a wall of mane. Maybe she did that out of fear, maybe because she was, just like the unicorn before, disgusted by my appearance, but was at least kind enough to not make it so obvious.

Somehow I was convinced that it wasn't the second thing. Don't ask me why.

And last but not least, my eyes landed upon a group of three fillies which stood maybe one or two meters in front of me. One of them was, of course, 'lil Scoots, but there was also a white unicorn and a pale-yellow earth pony filly, the latter wearing a cute red bow upon her head. After a second of looking them over I realized that both the unicorn and the earth pony strongly reminded two other ponies, the ill-mannered white pony and Applejack.

It was, once again, uncomfortably silent. Every single one of them stared at me with unblinking eyes, safe for those who already knew me. Oh yeah, and that hyperactive one. That one was still bouncing around without a care in the world.

Well, until she noticed me back up on my feet.

What happened next was chaotic and, quite frankly, really fucking scary.

She locked her eyes onto mine, her eyes got big, her smile grew even bigger. A second later I was on the ground again, but this time with a pink demon's face just mere inches apart from touching mine.

Seriously, I had no idea that earth ponies were able to teleport too!

Then the pink demon opened its mouth, took a really, really deep breath and out came a flood of words.

"OHMYGOSH!!!Soyouaretheonewhotookcareofmybestfriends!?!Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!MynameisPinkiePiebutyoucancallmepinkieorpieybutiguessthatisareallysillynicknamesopleasedocallmepinkie!!OH!Andnowthatwehavemetletusbebestfriendstoo!OKAY?" She screamed that last part right into my face with a nearly manic smile on her face, little spots of spit landing on my forehead.

You could say that I was horrified. I just wanted to get away from beneath her the whole time she was talking, but no matter how hard I tried to wiggle myself out of her grasp, I couldn't. That pink demon, who was maybe half as big as I was, had pretty much the strength of Hercules coupled with the creepiness of Freddy Krueger.

Actually, I'm sure she was the pony equivalent of Freddy.

I was about to scream for help, but before I could even do that, she suddenly jumped off of my chest and pulled a FREAKIN' CANNON OUT OF HER MANE AND AIMED THE FUCKING THING RIGHT AT MY FACE!

"LET'S GET THIS PARTY STARTED!"

She pulled a matchstick out of nowhere and lit the fuse.

"Oh c'm-" I had no time to finish my sentence as I was, once again, knocked unconscious by whatever hit me.

Definitely the best welcoming I've ever gotten.

* * * *

My brain rebooted itself some time later and I immediately came back to consciousness, thanks to the fact that I was still on high alert and my whole face was hurting like hell. My body was in no condition to fight, I just felt exhausted, but my mind was ready to fight whatever danger, especially if it was el demonio de color rosa. I wouldn't go down without a fight!

I reluctantly opened my eyes.

I sighed.

'A hospital, great.'

"Oh for fuck's sake." I swore under my breath, relaxing visibly. I flinched slightly when another jolt of pain went through a particular part of my forehead. I lifted a hand up to my face and gently touched the source of the pain. Fortunately it was just a big lump, no real wound.

Besides the obvious headache I was having I was also feeling foggy and incredibly tired. It felt like I had just ran a marathon while being drunk as fuck, not that something like that is possible.

I let my hand fall back down and sighed, lifting my upper body up and propping myself up on my elbows. I then started scanning the room with my eyes.

The room itself was an ordinary hospital room, like the ones from back home, but the devices looked a lot more primitive if you compared them to the ones you'd find on earth. Though I guess ponies made up for that with their magical abilities.

There was a single window directly to my right, the weak sunset light shining through it and thus bathing my bed in a beautiful golden shimmer. After a second or two of adjusting my eyes to the brightness of the sun's light, which was quite painful, I had a good look at what lay behind that window.

There were ponies everywhere! Ponies walking on the streets outside of that window, with happy smiles on their faces. Ponies going to stores and exiting them with bags of groceries they carried either in their mouth or with the help of magic. Ponies flying through the sky, smashing through clouds or completely ignoring the fact that they are made out of water vapor and landing upon them.

All of them were completely oblivious to the strange creature that was watching them from behind a hospital's window.

I was so engrossed in observing what lay behind that window that I actually failed to notice the three ponies lying at the foot of my bed, until one of them released a cute little yawn, followed by two other tired sounding yawns.

Scootaloo, Rainbow and, to my complete horror, the pink demon were slowly coming back to the world of the living. By the time the demon's eyes had finally fully opened themselves I was already as far away from her as possible while still staying on the bed, cowering like a pussy on the top part of the bed.

"OH HELL NO!" I screamed rather unmanly, waving my arm spasmodically like a man caught in the grip of a seizure. "GET HER AWAY FROM ME!"

With my sudden outburst I effectively startled the other two ponies into awakening, both of them jumping up into the air like a cat seeing a cucumber.

While Rainbow and Scootaloo were busy with figuring out what woke them up, I was busy cowering behind a wall made out of the one pillow my head was resting on earlier and a silver tray I grabbed from somewhere.

"Will, what's going on?!" Rainbow asked, a hint of amusement evident in her voice upon seeing what exactly I was hiding behind.

"¡Mierda! Es el demonio de color rosa! Conseguir lejos de mí!" I explained in a near whisper, just loud enough for her to hear it, pointing an accusing finger shakily at the reason of my fright.

It was weird, I didn't even know that I could speak Spanish. Maybe that was a side effect from traveling through several dimensions n' shit? Or maybe it was a side effect of me getting shot by a cannon right into my fucking face?

"Eh, what?" Scootaloo asked, a look that was just as confused as Rainbow's on her face.

"GET HER AWAY!" I shouted again, throwing both the pillow and the silver tray onto the ground beneath the bed in frustration.

"What? Why? It's just Pinkie Pie, she's no monster." Rainbow responded, her tone mirroring her facial expression.

'Ah, so the pink demon does have a name!'

"You serious? She shot me into my face with a fucking cannon!" I said disbelievingly, not sure if she was joking or not.

I think my heart was about to stop when I saw this so-called 'Pinkie Pie' with those fake teary eyes getting onto all of her four hooves. She readied herself to propel her body forward, like a tiger who's about to pounce on its prey.

She jumped, but to my relief, was caught mid-air in a cyan aura.

"I'm afraid that you have to leave, Miss Pie. You are disturbing Mister Wright and thereby hindering the healing process." Said a unicorn with a light brown coat and a darker brown mane, who, apparently, just entered the room to see what all the turmoil was about.

"Thank god, just in time!" I sighed in relief, letting my tense body fall back down onto the mattress. Don't get me wrong, I still found it weird that he was an unicorn doctor and no human doctor, but well, I had to live with the fact that I was the only human in a world controlled by ponies, from now on.

I think I heard Pinkie Pie trying to tell me something as she was slowly levitated out of the room, but I didn't care what she had to tell me. Even if I did care, I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to hear what she was saying because my brain still wasn't working properly.

But now that she was finally away I was able to calm myself down.

Right when the door closed behind Pinkie Pie, I felt someone crawl up to my naked chest, her fur tickling my exposed skin on the way there, while someone else jumped down from the bed, landing on the marble floor with a loud clop. The pony on my chest turned out to be Scootaloo, who was trying her best to find a comfortable spot on my chest, while Rainbow decided that she had enough of resting all day.

"My name's Doctor Horse, it's a pleasure to finally meet you while conscious, Mister Wright." The doctor said in a pleasant tone with a friendly smile on his face, seemingly unfazed by my appearance. My lips nearly escaped a girly chuckle as he introduced himself.

I mean, c'mon, Doctor Horse?

But instead of being rude I chose to just return the smile, although mine must have looked a lot less friendly and a lot more stressed out and tired.

"And it's also a pleasure to see you again, this time under lot less chaotic circumstances, Scootaloo and Miss Dash." He continued, giving my daughter the same friendly smile and greeting.

"Hi Doctor Hooves." Scootaloo, who finally found a spot that was to her liking, said into my chest, the sound waves of her voice sending a tingling through my whole upper chest.

"Yeah, hey again." Rainbow greeted him back, waving a hoof at him.

"So, what's up doc?" I asked him, scratching Scootaloo behind one of her ears, making her release a content sigh.

"I just came to check up on how you were doing, but now that you're back I guess I can give you the diagnose." He levitated a notepad out of a pocket on his coat, floating it up in front of his eyes and taking a moment to read through it.

"Hm... So, apparently you have a minor concussion and a bruise on the center of your forehead, as you probably already found out. Oh, you also had a broken nose and a broken jaw when you arrived here earlier today, but we were able to fix that." He muttered, tapping the notepad with a quill he pulled out of nowhere once before putting it back into the pocket where he pulled it out of.

'Huh, earlier today? That's good, I wasn't out for too long.'

"You should probably thank Princess Twilight Sparkle for that, she gave us all the information regarding your bone structure." He explained, but then his smile turned into a grimace. "And some things we really didn't want to know."

'That fucking...!'

"Oh, don't worry doc, I'll thank her for it." I said, already trying to think of ways to pay her back, but frowned when another jolt of pain shot through my head instead. I lifted my hands up to my temples and started rubbing them, trying to make that pain vanish. That's when another question crossed my mind. "When am I allowed to go?"

"You could, technically speaking, go right now, but I strongly advise against it. We had to use other spells than normally to fix your bones and the rest of your face, and we don't know if there are any side effects, neither do we know how your body reacts to healing magic in general." He told me.

"Well, okay, is it enough if I stay here until tomorrow?" I asked him, letting my hands fall back down when the pain was gone.

"Yes, that would be enough time for us to see if there are any side effects. You can be released tomorrow, if you want to." He said, giving me that friendly smile again. "You still have to be careful to not get hit by anything onto the head again, as that could mean serious brain damage."

"Nothing hit me onto the head, a certain pink pony shot me into my face with a cannon." I said, sighing.

The doc just chuckled at this and shook his head, saying, "Yeah, that's Miss Pie for you."

"Yeah, and she's really sorry about that." Rainbow said, apparently trying to defend her friend's doings. "She thought she loaded the cannon with confetti, not with twelve pound bowling balls."

I visibly flinched at the mental picture of one hundred bowling balls hitting my face at the speed of sound. I wasn't quite sure how my head even survived one hundred bowling balls that hit my face at the same time, but I wasn't complaining.

"Why...just...why?" I asked, confused as to why someone would load confetti into a cannon in the first place. I saw Rainbow opening her mouth to probably answer my rhetorical question, but I cut her off even before she was able to form her sentence. "Actually, I don't even want to know. Just please, let me get some sleep. My head's hurting."

"Of course. If you would please follow me Miss Dash, Scootaloo?" Rainbow nodded at the doc's request, albeit reluctantly. The doc turned around and walked to the door, holding it open with his magic for Rainbow to go through, which she did, but not before giving me one last worried look over her shoulder. I could've sworn that I saw a bit of pink disappear just as she walked through the door, but maybe I was just hallucinating.

"Can I stay? Please?" Scootaloo asked, looking over to the doctor with pleading eyes from her position on my chest.

Doctor Horse turned a questioning look at me, silently asking me if it would be okay with me. I nodded at him and he nodded back at me, giving me one last smile before walking through the door himself and closing it behind him.

"So, now that we're alone-" I started, taking a moment to gather my thoughts, which was made quite hard by the concussion. "-who were the other two fillies earlier? Those that were standing next to you, before that crazy pink pony shot one hundred twelve pound bowling balls made out of metal into my face?"

"The yellow one's called Apple Bloom, she's Applejack's sister,-" Scootaloo started explaining, her body melting into my chest once I resumed scratching her behind her ears. "-and the white one's called Sweetie Belle. She's Rarity's sister."

'So I was right? Nice.' I gave myself a pat on the shoulder, mentally of course.

"Lemme guess, Rarity is the white unicorn pony that doesn't like me, right?"

"Uh, yeah, right, but why do you think that she doesn't like you?" My daughter asked, lifting her head up to give me a confused look.

"She kinda looked like I disgusted her." I said sadly. Scootaloo's eyes widened at that.

"Oh nonono! She probably wasn't looking at you! She was actually really scared when you got hit by all those bowling balls! Just like I was!" I raised an eyebrow at that, not sure if that was true.

"You sure?" I asked doubtfully.

"Yes! She was really scared, everyone was! Even Celestia and Luna, and they never get scared!"

"Huh? That's kinda sweet, actually." I said, a small smile forming on my face. "Looks like I was in the wrong with my assumptions..."

Scootaloo nodded before letting her head fall back down onto my chest, nuzzling me there as I resumed scratching her behind her ears.





"Where are all the others anyways?" I asked her after a while of comfortable silence, but quickly found out that I wouldn't get an answer out of Scootaloo. She was in a deep slumber, her chest gently moving up and down in sync with her breathes.

I mentally shrugged, released a yawn and closed my own eyes.

That day was eventful. I traveled into another dimension, met four new ponies, got shot with a cannon which launched one hundred bowling balls right into my face, woke up in hospital and nearly got killed again by the psycho-pony. Maybe I shouldn't have been so calm about everything that happened, but I couldn't help myself. The concussion was making it hard for me to feel anything at all. I just wanted to sleep.

'I can ask all the other questions tomorrow. Now it's time to get some sleep. I'm fucking done.'

I closed my eyes and waited for sleep to come...









"Wait, where the fuck are my clothes?"

Author's Note:

I may have forgotten to thank GeorgeFleurParty for proofreading in last chapter's author's note. Seriously, thank you for helping me out so much with this story, dude!:pinkiehappy:


Hey guys! :pinkiesmile:

Ugh, I swear, I had huge troubles on finding a proper way to start Arc 2 and, well, that's what I came up with. I confused myself with this chapter. Definitely not the best way to start a new Arc, I know.

Another thing before I wrap this up; I'm still looking for proofreaders. If you're interested, please PM me.

So yeah, uh...bye. :twilightsmile:


Special thanks!

PreviousChapters Next