• Published 24th Sep 2016
  • 4,971 Views, 166 Comments

Not Just A Bug - Bringiton6611



Changelings are known to be heartless and suck the love from ponies. But not all changelings are like this and I can prove it. My name is David, and this is a story of how I found something that I that I thought was just a bug

  • ...
21
 166
 4,971

That's a pony...

In the beautiful land of Equestria, there are many beautiful and breathtaking sights.

But there are also many dangers in this land. One of which is the deadly forest known as the Everfree forest. Many stay away from this forest, afraid of getting hurt or killed.

As of today, one unicorn and her number one assistant also being one of her closest friends go into the everfree in hopes of getting answers...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Okay Twilight,, according to the letter that Princess Celestia sent us, we are to investigate a major magical surge that happened 14 days ago." Spike, a purple and green dragon says.

"But why wait two wee-” Twilight, a purple pony starts

“14 days” Spike interrupts

“...14 days,,,”

“Good”

“Seriously, Spike! Now isn’t the time for useless correcting of information! If the surge was as strong as she said it was, wouldn't it be wiser to investigate as soon as possible? Why tell us now?" Twilight finishes her question.

"Beats me, but I'm sure she has her reasons. Maybe it was a… I dunno, safety precaution?"

"A safety precaution?” Twilight questions

“A safety precaution!” Spike answers

“Spike. seriously? That make no sense. If this is a danger to Equestria, she should've warned us sooner. Also, why did she say for me to investigate this by myself? Why wouldn't she tell us to, say, get the Elements of Har-"

A loud bang rings out.

"AHHHHHH!" They both scream at the same time.

"What the hay was that?!"

"I'm not sure...Spike, hop on my back, now!"

"Are you serious? Are we really going to go toward that sound? Sweet Celestia, my ears are ringing."

"Yes we are, for multiple reasons. One, it's in the direction the area that the princess said the surge was. Two, there could be somepony that needs help. Thr-"

"Okay, okay! Fine! I get it." Spike says as he hops on Twilight’s back.

"Let's go!" The pony yells after Spike was on her back.

With that, the two of them go and investigate the sound.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soon, they start to hear sounds of a fight...

"Twilight, do you hear that?"

There was a pause as the the pony in question stops to listen.

"Yeah, I do, this way!"

A turn to the left and they find one of the many dangers of the Everfree... A Timber Wolf, attacking a certain... something.

Thinking that the victim was a pony, Twilight aims her head down and charges up a shot of magic, to fire at the Timber Wolf.

The wolf's head shoots around to look at the pony who attacked it. Only for a loud noise, similar to a firecracker, to fill the air seconds after.

Twilight and Spike both jump at the sound, again ,with Spike covering his ears with his claws and Twilight covering her ears with her hoofs.

After recovering from the shock of the loud noise, Twilight looks up to help the pony that was attacked...only to find out that it isn’t a pony at all.

"Twilight, what is that thing?" Spike asks from behind her.

"Shhhh, Spike, let me handle it." She tells Spike.

"Are you sure, that thing co-"

"Yes, I'm sure." Twilight shushes.

She looks back at the creature, only to find questioning eyes staring at her back.

Here we go She thinks.

"Hello there, can you understand me?" Twilight asks.

The creature looked hesitantly at them before answering with a short

“Yeah..."

It can understand me and speak equestrian!

"Great! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Twilight Sparkle."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twilight Sparkle.

It takes ounce of willpower I have not to burst out laughing at that name, and even then, it’s close. Really? Who names their kid (foal?) Twilight Sparkle?

"Twilight huh?" I ask with a grin, despite the fact I’m almost died just now, and i'm talking to an alien.

"Yeah…Iiiiis there a problem with my name?"

"No, no. Nothing wrong with your name, I've just never have heard it before!” How am I doing this, anyway? The whole ‘Battling WoodWolves Daily And Talking To Purple Ponies Without Freaking Out’ thing, without hyperventilating or freaking out? There’s either something incredibly amazing about me, or something incredibly wrong with me. I like to settle for the first.

As I think, a hush falls over the general area.

"So... what's your name?" Twilight asks, breaking the silence..

I have to think about that for some reason. Should I give her my real name or not? Do I trust her?

Pfft, why the hell not?

"David." Is my short reply, deciding to use my real name.

"David... Huh. That's a nice name. Just... rolls of the tongue."

I raise a eyebrow at the compliment, but end up dismissing it. I decide to get straight to the point,"Do you know where I am or what this place is?"

"Of course I do! You're in the Everfree forest, in the country of Equestria. May I ask what your doing here?"

"I...don't know to be honest. I got here by unknown means, about two weeks ago."

"Two weeks ago? Hmmm... That was probably the magic surge princess Celestia was talking about."

"Who?"

"Princess Celestia. She rules Equestria with her sister, Princess Luna."

"Huh..Okay then."

...

"You said that this is the Everfree forest?" I ask, noticing that when she said the name before, a worried expression appeared on her face. Kind of weird to see a horse with a humanoid face, but whatever.

"Yes, and it's very dangerous out here."

I look back to the dead WoodWolf, "No kidding, do you know what that thing was?"

"Yes, that was a Timber Wolf."

Timber Wolf, WoodWolf....Damn I was close.

"Anyway like I was saying, this place is dangerous. Where have you been sleeping? You said you've been here 2 weeks, you must be sleeping somewhere[/i[ "

". Eh, nothing too impressive. Just a castle. A ruined one, that is. Not a real, working castle. I wish..."

Twilight's eyes widened."You're staying at the castle of the twin sisters!?"

I stare at her," ...What?"

"Your staying at Celestia and Luna's old castle. The princess’ castle."

Huh, so I've been staying in a princess’ castle. Nice. Even if half of it is in ruins.

"So, again, like I was saying, this place is dangerous. I could take you back to Ponyville with me and Spike."

Twilight is really serious about this place being dangerous, maybe I should go with her. But now that I've found out what this world's main inhabitants are, I'm reconsidering. I've been living here for the past two weeks. If I was going to die, I would probably be dead now. Probably. Besides, I've got things to do. Even if I did want to go with her, I would want to go back to the castle to get what is left of my stuff I didn't pack with me, and that's a long walk back.

"Sorry but i'm going to refuse, for now at least."

"What?! Why would WANT to stay in this forest longer than you need you to!?"

"I have my reasons." I reply, its none of her business.

She stares at me like I'd grown two heads."Okay... I don't like your decision, but if you change your mind Ponyville is east from the castle."
"Okay then... Its was nice meeting you." Ponyville, go figure. Isn’t that like calling a place Humansville? Actually, to be honest, a place like that probably exists.

She smiles,"It was nice meeting you too, David. Maybe we'll meet again?"

"Most likely, I guess.'

"Okay then. Let’s go spike."

With that, Twilight and Spike (Of whom I had forgotten about, due to his silence) departed from the way they came.
Once they were out of sight, I put my gun back in my waistband and continue to the location that the pink glow was in. It's quite a ways away so it will take me awhile to get to it. Well, better get to walking.
Have I ever mentioned I hate walking? No? The more you know.

Author's Note:

Chapter three is here! :pinkiegasp:

Let me start by saying if you find the conversation with David and Twilight cringe worth , I don't blame you. out of all my writing skill, dialogue is the worst for me.

But with that being said.

Thank you for those who are reading and supporting the story. Now that is story has 10 likes it just makes me more confident to write more. I got on around six p.m. yesterday and I saw that this story had 10 likes on it. That lead to me wanting to finish this chapter earlier than I had planned, which I did. I was planning for this chapter to be out later next week around Wednesday.But as you can see, that changed. Yesterday, I spent the past two in a half hours writing and checking this for the readers, so once again, thank you to those who are liking the story and giving me feed back.


Next chapter is in progress and will be here hopefully next week. No promises. :ajsleepy:

Until then. BYE. :pinkiehappy: