• Published 18th Feb 2017
  • 1,796 Views, 45 Comments

Legend of Luna - shadowstar618



Link, hero of Hyrule, slayer of demons and...best big brother in Hyrule? What's next?

  • ...
1
 45
 1,796

Bonding

Looking over at his new sister, Link felt...oddly happy. He grinned as he watched her rather messily eat her oatmeal.

Luna, already on her fifth bowl, was eating like there was no tomorrow. It was at this point that Link really looked over her appearance. She was a little dark blue winged unicorn, reaching no higher than his waist. Her mane was short, and sky blue, as was her tail. On her flank was a blotch of black with a crescent moon on it.

As he watched her eat her bowl, most of it ending up on her face, he prepared for the rest of the day.

Once Luna finished, Link got up and took her bowl. As he put it away, Link said, "Alright, Luna, get ready. Big brother Link is gonna show you around Kokiri Village."

"Yay!" Luna cheered, throwing her hooves into the air.


Grinning, Link turned back around to face Luna. "Alright, let's go!"


As he climbed down the ladder with Luna on his back, Link answered some of her questions.

"No, the moon and sun do that on their own."

"Yes, we have four, in fact. Farore, Din, Nayru, and Hylia."

"No, I don't think we'd be allowed to meet them."

Soon enough, they reached the main part of the village.

Link was about to introduce Luna to the other Kokiri, but one annoyingly familiar voice interrupted him.

"Hey, Mr. No-Fairy!"

Link sighed as he turned around to face none other than Mido, an annoying Kokiri who seemed to think that he was the most important of them all.

Turning to face Mido, Link noticed Luna shifting on his back, as if to get a better look.

Frowning, Mido pointed st Luna and said, "What's that? Is it some sort of sympathy card from the Great Deku Tree?"

Before he could retort, Link heard Luna speak up and say, "Shut up, Bwoobwud."

Confused, but deciding to roll with it, Link said, "Yeah, don't you have someone else to boss around?"

Fumed and confused, Mido opened his mouth to retort, but then Saria walked up behind them.

"And what exactly is going on here?" Saria said, in the most motherly voice she could muster.

"I...uhh...I'll just be going now." Face flushed, Mido turned tail and ran off.

Unable to hold up the facade any longer, Saria laughed.

Soon enough, all three of them were sprawled on the floor laughing.

After a while, all laughs out of their system, the trio got up from the ground.

Picking up Luna, Link asked Saria, "So, what are you doing here?"

Saria smiled as she responded, "Why, you need someone to help show Luna around."

Link grinned. "Well, let's be on our way, shall we?"

Luna cheered. "Yeah, wet's!"

Still smiling, Saria began to show them around town.

"Back there near the entrence is the Know-it-all brothers' house, and right across from it is Mido's house. Right next to your and Link's house is mine. And just past that is the Twins' house, and over near the entrence to the Great Deku Tree's cove is the store. It's a small village, but we all love it just the same."

Awes, but still curious about something, Luna asked, "Mommy? What's the Gweat Deku Twee?"

Saria looked at Luna before answering her question. "The Great Deku Tree is said to be the father of all the Kokiri."

Luna hummed. "So does that make him my gwanddaddy?"

Saria giggled at that. "I suppose so."

Luna, picking up steam, followed that question up with, "And if he's a twee, how did he make you?"

Saria looked thoughtful. "I don't know. You know, you're really smart for someone your age."

Luna grinned happily at that. "Fanks, Mommy!"

Deciding that his heart could not handle any more of this, Link spoke up. "Alright, Luna. Some days I'm going to have to be away for a bit, doing some work for some other Kokiri. When I'm out, I want you to go to one of the other Kokiri, and tell them that I would greatly appreciate it if they watched you for the day. Okay?"

Luna, not wanting to disappoint her brother, but also not wanting to leave him, said, "But can I pwease come wif you some days?"

Link grinned, "Sure, I can take you on some of the less dangerous ones."

Happy with this arrangement, Luna grinned and nodded.


Over the next few months, Luna mostly stayed by Link's side. When he did have to go out on errands, she mostly stayed with the store clerk. Because of this, the two ended up becoming rather good friends, and he even gave her a Reinforced Deku Shield. It was basically a normal Deku Shield, except this one could take more punishment, and it could withstand some fire.

On the days where she could go out with Link, he taught her everything he knew about swordfighting. Soon enough, Luna could protect herself with her shield, and a stick that Link had carved for her.

Sometimes, during the night, Luna would get bored, so she decided to experiment. During this time of boredom, she found out that she could use her horn to make stuff move around, among other things. Once, she accidentally woke Link up when she dropped a pot. This, however, led to even more questions.

"Hey big bwover?"

"Yeah Luna?"

"Why is it that whatevew I bweak just goes back to normew whenevew we weave the woom?"

"I...don't know, Luna. I don't know."

Along with Luna bringing up some interesting questions, Link noticed that, along with the appearence of Luna, his dreams have Ben less troubled. The young pony always seemed to be there guarding his dreams, but he dismissed that as a coincidence, or perhaps Luna was just so positive that Link couldn't help but be happier in her presence.


Over in the Cove of the Deku Tree, the old tree frowned. He could sense a great evil entering Hyrule.

"Navi...Navi come hither. I believe it is time to begin with our plan. Go find the boy and his little friend. I'm afraid that they must do what we cannot."

Author's Note:

Forgive me if they seem childish, or too mature. I have no idea how to write ten-year-olds.