• Published 28th May 2016
  • 572 Views, 2 Comments

Ghost - Mr Tech



My name is Nopony. As in, nopony can see me, hear me, or even feel me. The most I get is a shudder as I pass through them. Nopony can tell I am here. Nopony can help me move on. Nopony can hear my story. For I am a ghost. Stuck to roam this planet un

  • ...
4
 2
 572

9

Author's Note:

right... I hope you like it... (may or may not be edited in the future)

Her eyes snapped open as she sat up on her bed in an instant. She looked around the room and found that she was in her own room, and in her own bed… “I’m alive!” she said to nopony in particular, “alright? I survived then, I love it when I do that...”

She then looked around the room some more and found a window with Celestia’s sun shining through, birds chirping and flying about in the autumn breeze. Drawings littered across her room, she drew them after all. When she was small anyways. She then looked at her forehooves and said in amazement, “hooves, yes, i still have them- voice!”she touches her neck with a forehoof and then touched the top of her head with the other hoof to find nothing. Just her soft and slightly messy mane.

“I could wear a hat,” she said with a shrug. Muffled Voices made itself known to her as she looked around with confusion, she then determined that those voices came from the door. It sounds like somepony was talking downstairs.

She stood up and proceeds to shuffle towards the door, the wooden floor let out small creeks as she slowly walks towards the closed door. She then pressed her ears towards the wooden door as she let out a slight shiver when her sensitive ears touched something for the first time in a while…

“Honey, can you pass me the milk please?” A stallion’s voice called out in a deep and warm tone.

“Sure” replied a mare’s voice somewhere a little distance away.

She then walked around the room looking at her stuff lying around her room, it’s a mess but she can re-organise it- “Good morning~” the mare from before said in a sing song voice as the door from her room flings open revealing a mare who’s levitating a tray with what she assumes was her breakfast.

She was taken aback as her mom walked towards her and placed the tray on her head “you’re my mom… oh my gosh i have a mom!” She said slightly dumbfounded.

The mare tilted her head a little as she said in a slightly confused tone “what’s the matter with you? Of course I’m your mum…” the mare said as she resumes back into the same joy filled tone as before.

“Oh, and this is your breakfast. Your dad made it, so feel free to throw it out the window~” her mom said jokingly as she trotted towards the door. Before she went out of sight however, she turned and said in a reminding tone: “downstairs, ten minutes?” She said with a voice filled with excitement before leaving the room.

She looked at the tray of delicious food on her bed as she asked nopony in particular, ”of course she’s my mum, why is that suddenly surprising?” She then quickly ate her breakfast as fast as possible. Not really very fast, she almost wanted to savour the food... When she's done she proceeds to walk downstairs, her hooves clip-clop as she walked downstairs inside her fairly big house.

She then peeked into the living room, a stallion greeted her with a friendly smile when he saw her

“Ah! Did you like the breakfast I cooked for you?” The stallion asked her who’s still only poking her head through the doorway, she then ran towards the stallion as he finally recognized him half a second later saying “And you’re my family-loving dad!” excitedly as she pounces at him with a squee of pure uncontained joy.

Her dad, who’s caught slightly caught off-guard by her daughter who’s currently hugging him to death.

“Huh? Why are you behaving as if you’ve never seen us before?” Her mum asked as she walked into the living room from the kitchen as she gave dad a cup of steaming tea.

She just smiled and ran out of the house.

The cool autumn air hit the excited mare in the face as ponies walked around the streets, minding their own business as they walk happily through the streets with crunches of the leaves every once in awhile. She then proceeds to run towards a very familiar house down towards a very familiar street, laughing like a school filly as she did.

Russells of the leaves was heard when she galloped along the way, the smell of flowers nearby and the smell of bread a few blocks away. It all made her stop as took a long relaxing sniff before she continued running down the streets. Ponies greeted her by her name all the way as pegasus shifted a few clouds to create a very relaxing shade under the big blue sky.

After a few moments of running she skidded to a stop in front of a normal house with a garden filled with various pretty plants and a stone walkway that leads directly towards a wooden door River galloped towards the wooden door and knocked a few time politely.

A moment later a very handsome stallion greeted her with his best smile she ever saw.
He proceed to speak towards the gasping mare with an enthusiastic tone, “Hello!” he greeted the mare before shoving a toothbrush inside his mouth.

She smiled, and when her breathing went under control she asked the stallion a question with a smile of her own, “Do you ever get the feeling that you’ve forgotten something really important?”

The stallion then put up a thinking face as he said a few moments later with a slightly muffled voice, ”yep”.

She asked the stallion again with a bigger smile than before, “are you just saying this because you’re scared of me?”

He paused for a moment then continued with a simple “yep” again.

She then put on her best, sweetest smile as she gave him a kiss on the cheek saying “I love you”.

“Yep,” the stallion said again before quickly saying, “I mean, love you too,” before she ran away laughing with joy. Then suddenly the world stopped, the ponies on the street also stopped.

She can feel it, it’s like the world suddenly decided to hit the breaks. Another pony walked into view, a stallion wearing a tidy blue suit with a steel-gray coat emerged from the background. Walking towards the frozen mare.

The stallion had a two tone mane of grey and white. His hair was clean, without a single strand out of place. She took a good look at him… He looked deformed. He seemed healthy with his appearance, but his eyes made him look much older…

“Here you are, ‘nopony’ in the flesh” The way the stallion said those words made her uneasy. The voice sounded just like any stallion, but… not, at the same time. For some reason River can't seem to bring up any emotion towards him.

As the stallion stopped in front of her…” I take it that you like your new life then?” The stallion asks the still frozen mare who can’t respond, he then continued as if he’s not expecting an answer anyway. “I welcome to your new life,” the stallion nodded towards her without showing any emotions,she who in turn just stares, unable to do anything else.

“As I’ve promised, here’s your new home,” the stallion looked around and after a few seconds. He said coldly… “The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world, I wish I could do more than keep an eye on you, but I have agreed to abide by certain... restrictions,” He then walk closer to her and said close to her ear:

“Well... now... listen carefully, my dear. When your time comes round, I will be there to get you… In the meantime, this is where I get off,” The stallion said before he walks away. He adjusts his tie, and walks into a white opening… the world resumes is if nothing has happened, she looked around in confusion as she tried to remember what happened… the walk from home was spent thinking about what happened, with an oh-so familiar feeling of forgetting something…

Comments ( 2 )

Interesting, I've read Warewolve's story, going to read yours soon.

7359999 I hope you like my version as much as hers:twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment