• Published 14th Jun 2012
  • 3,447 Views, 40 Comments

Switched - Julyah

  • ...
4
 40
 3,447

Chapter 5 - What is this, I dont even...

The next day, Rarity was working on the dress she had to make for a client.

Her beautiful pink curls had blue highlights in them. The highlights were the colour of her cutie mark.

Fluttershy sat next to her, watching Rarity do her work.

“This is a much harder job without my magic.” Rarity said.

“Oh, I know. I've been feeling very down these days, and to tell you the truth, Im kind of jealous of Applejack and my wings. I miss my wings.” Fluttershy looked at the ground.

“My, my. That was quite a confession. I appreciate your honesty, Fluttershy.” Rarity said.

Fluttershy broke the moment when she saw Rarity about to hoof-stitch the hem of the skirt.

“Oh, rarity... That should be um, machine stitched.” She put in.

Rarity looked down and saw that fluttershy was right. She laughed.

“Oh, thank you, fluttershy. Silly me...” She said, and brought the skirt to the machine.

As she stitched the skirt together, the only sound was that of the sewing machine. Rarity started humming.


Twilight and Applejack were playing ball, flying around and batting it back to each other.

“Hah” Applejack grunted as she kicked the ball to Twilight.

Twilight jumped into the air, beat her wings, and kicked it back with little force. The ball landed in the middle of the two.

Twilight and applejack looked at each other at the same time. Then they grinned and dived for the ball.

They fought over it, kicking and biting over it. Eventually, the ball got kicked away and they were fighting over AJ's hat. Twilight grabbed it and flew into the air, applejack right on her tail.

She snatched it out of Twilight's hooves and flew to the ground. She hid it behind her back.

“Applejack, give it back! I just wanna try it on.” Twilight said.

“Give what back?”

“The hat.”

“What hat?”

“The one that's behind your back.”

“Whats behind my back?”

“The hat.”

“Theres a hat behind my back?”

“APPLEJACK!” She screeched.

“I dont have a hat. I never did have a hat.” Applejack grinned and gave it to Twilight.

Deep down, Twilight though that Applejack should'nt be lying. It just was'nt her...

But instead, Twilight giggled and took the hat into her cyan hooves.


The Rainbow Dash that looked like Twilight was cheering. She had suxesfully managed to teleport herself across the room.

She took a deep breath in, focused her energy, and *ZAP* she was back on the right side of the room, next to pinkie pie.

Pinkie cheered.

“Nice work, dashie! I wonder if Rarity's magic is stron enough to do that, too!”

“I dont think so, pinkie. Unicorn magic is supposed to help the pony with her special talent. Nothing more. Rarity's talent is dressmaking and fashion. Twilight's is magic.” Rainbow said.

“I have to go to the little fillies room. Ill be right back!” Pinkie shouted, and ran off.

Rainbow dash lifted a glass of applejuice torward herself with her magic. She took a few thoughtful sips, glancing at her purple hooves. It was kind of wierd, being in Twilight's body. She had the exact same colour of everything... even a horn!

Pinkie bounced into the room, a few fruit tarts floating into the room along with her.

“That was fast, pinkie. Did you even go to the bathroom?” Rainbow dash looked at her.

“oh yeah, I didint... I was just walking along and a baker pony came by with a tray. She was very nice and gave me these tarts! And, I guess I got distracted... Gotta go!”

Rainbow grinned and rolled her eyes. Typical pinkie.

She looked a the fruit tarts. They looked really good.

Her stomack growled.

Surely pinkie wouldnt mind...

One of the tarts obidiently came to her. She gobbled it down in seconds. It was really good!

Rainbow dash looked down and kicked the ground. She tried whistling. She waited...

And then pinkie got back. She bounced into the room, a smile on her face.

“Oh, pinkie... your back... I hope you dont mind, but I took one of your fruit tarts... sorry.”

Pinie looked at the table with the small cakes.

“Oh, thats fine! There are still lots and lots. Want another one?”

Rainbow grinned.


By the time Twilight and Applejack got to the room, Rainbow dash and pinkie pie were layed out on the bed, their stomacks swollen.

“I think I ate to many tarts...” Rainbow groaned.

“Rainbow! What did you do to me?” Twilight exclaimed.

Rainbow chuckled unisily.

Suddendly, Rarity burst into the room.

“Pinkie! I need you help! This gown does not look good! I just had the sudden urge to pu lots and lots of candy on it, oddly enough. I think you can help me.” She cried.

Pinkie walked up and inspected the gown.

“Hmm.” She said. “The skirt hem should be shorter. The shoes dont exactly match the colour of the shawl, these bows over here are not suitable. Maybe move them over here? Small blue dots, what were you thinking? Oh, yeah, and... the whole thing looks too... poofy...”

Rarity was stunned for a little while.

“Come and help me now. I need my own advice!” Rarty said, and leaded pinkie out of the room.

“This is getting really strange. Its almost like, our bodies switched and our minds... its really confusing...” Rainbow said.

Twilight suddedndly burst into laughter, earning her stares from the entire room.

“What?” She said. “The funny thing is, thats exactly what I was going to say.”