• Published 15th Mar 2016
  • 2,453 Views, 104 Comments

Dear Twilight Sparkle - Penmore



After three months of silence, Twilight finally receives a reply from Princess Celestia.

  • ...
8
 104
 2,453

Making plans

"Thank you for coming girls, I hope I didn't catch you all at a wrong time." Twilight said as she came down the stairs fresh and with the scent of strawberries lingering from the shampoo she used.

"Nah, I wasn't doing anything important. Besides, this is the first time in a long time that you called us over." Rainbow Dash had answered before she started to wolf down some of the pancakes Spike had made for Twilight.

The rest of the girls voiced their agreement with Dash and took sips from the tea and apple juice that Spike had laid out for them. Though, even with smiles on their faces, Twilight felt awful about ignoring their pleas to spend time together for so long. It wasn't something a friend did, and there was no telling how much she missed in their lives.

She sat down at the head of the table and thanked Spike as he set down a cup of orange juice in front of her before sitting down at the opposite side. She looked around the table and saw each mare and the baby dragon give her a look of expectation. Twilight didn't know where to start, after spending so much time alone and away how could she just ask them to make time for her now? Why would they do so if she had been ignoring them for three months without so much as a second glance? She felt like a horrible friend if she was even considered that by them anymore.

"Twi' ya'll alright?" asked a concerned orange pony from her left.

"I'm sorry Applejack; that goes towards all of you, including you Spike. I haven't been the greatest friend to any of you, and I can't help but feel awful about it. I just couldn't think of anything else. Not receiving a letter for so long had made my mind race with so many possibilities and all of them just made me feel worse and worse."

All of them turned to face each other with a look of concern, and confusion as to where this was heading.

"I called all of you here because I wanted to apologize. I received a letter from the princess telling me to not to go back to how I was before coming to Ponyville. I'm still new to being a good friend to anypony but, even I know that just sending you girls away each time you tried to help didn't help build our relationship. I'm sorry, for everything."

They all looked at each other and nodded in agreement before looking back at Twilight.

"Twilight, Darling, we understand and its ok. While we didn't exactly expect this kind of reaction over such a thing, it certainly gave us a view of how you think. To be perfectly honest, it is truly a bit of a relief to know you're doing better now." Said the pony fashionista to the right of Twilight as she took another sip of her tea.

"Twilight, I know that I'm not exactly the best for these kinds of situations but, I'm glad that you're ok now. I was worried when even after trying to invite you to a museum you decided not to go. Especially a Wonderbolt museum, I mean, it's the Wonderbolts for Celestia's sake." Added the prismatic mare next to Rarity.

"I agree with them Twilight; I'm happy that you're doing fine. We were all anxious about the situation." Said the yellow mare located next to A.J.

Pinkie Pie simply smiled from the other side of Fluttershy with a look as if she knew it was going to be alright from now on. She had taken it rather harder than the rest when Twilight kept refusing to go to any form of parties during her self-imposed isolation. Her hair lost its bounce, and her coat seemed to be a shade darker. While she continued to plan parties and help the ponies of Ponyville to smile, she didn't have the same kind of enthusiasm knowing there was nothing she could do to help her friend.

"Listen Twilight, I know that you want to put all the blame on yourself for some reason but, you have to realize that it's not entirely your fault. I've been here with you all this time, and I for one can say that the princess could have done more to reply to any of your letters. I can honestly say I'm surprised this one even came. I won't say that there isn't anything you could have done but, at least now you have a reply from her." Spike said with slight venom when he mentioned the princess.

Twilight was surprised that he of all her friends would say something like that. He grew up with her and the princess and thought he viewed the princess in a motherly sort of way. At the same time, it dawned on her that the whole situation might have been harder on him than the girls. Being by her side and constantly trying to get her out of her moods was a task even she had to admit would be far too taxing on anypony, let alone a baby dragon. How had he put up her for so long? She made a mental note to thank him later somehow and ask why he even put up with her all the time.

"Spike, please don't say that. The princess replied, and that's all I can ask for right now. We'll talk later about this but, for now, I just want to apologize to you and the girls."

"Fine, I'll keep you to that statement. We'll talk later about all of this and the princess." Spike huffed, and a small amount of green smoke came out of his nostrils as he crossed his arms and leaned back into his chair.

"Thank you, Spike. Girls, the other reason I called you here was to ask if we could spend more time together. I know you've agreed it was ok but, I want to make it up to all of you individually. It was also something that the princess suggested in her letter, so I want to do that along with some other things. Maybe it'll help me with my studies and keep my mind off recent events."

Twilight proceeded to tell everypony about the contents of the letter, and they all agreed to set a week for each of them to get to know each other better after her isolation. She even set aside time for her family and a separate week for Spike. It had all been planned and with all of them finishing a late lunch prepared by Spike they left to get ready for their week with her. Twilight passed the rest of the day getting ready for the weeks to come as well and with the help of Spike had everything ready for the first week. As Spike headed to get some sleep, Twilight stayed behind to write a quick letter to the princess and asked Spike to send it before he went to bed. He hesitated a bit at the request only to cave at the look Twilight gave him.

"Fine Twilight I'll send it but, not right now. I'm sure the princess is preparing to sleep just like everypony else. I'll send it first thing tomorrow morning ok?"

"Ok, thank you Spike" she kissed his forehead and headed past him to her bed.

"Yea, no problem Twilight. No problem at all..." he watched her go upstairs and clutched the letter tight.

Author's Note:

Ch.2 and I have to say that this is the one that made me realize the story would be in an alternate universe. I have a lot of things planned out for the future and the time frame that Twilight stayed isolated really plays into all of it. Still I kind of wanted this one chapter out as it kept hounding me in the back of my mind while working on a different story. I'm still not entirely sure as to how long I'll make each chapter but, I'll definitely make them a reasonable size.

As always, thank you for reading my story. Please leave a comment below as any critique is good critique and have a great day!