• Published 23rd Feb 2016
  • 682 Views, 7 Comments

Equestria´s new elements - EASTON



Midnight Sparkle returns and is now in Equestria. What will Twilight and her friends do without the elements of harmony?

  • ...
8
 7
 682

Here we go again

I´t was a normal day in Ponyville and everypony was enjoying their own personal activities, which was odd given the town they lived in.

Twilight was actually enjoying the peace and quiet that didn´t come too often since she moved to her new home. Just the other day she had to stop a time crisis from the pony that was now having a reading session with her. Best of all she didn´t have to worry about Discord causing trouble because after he played Celestia a heavy prank the princess used a spell to stop him from using magic for an entire week, which had allowed her to spend some time with Starlight Glimmer, which was good since she wanted Starlight to learn as much about friendship as possible since just like her Starlight ignored friendship for years (even though it was due to different reasons) so she wasn´t handling her new life so easily.

Both ponies were enjoying their respective books while the tune of Ravel´s Bolero played on the phonograph. As for Spike he was on his room reading his comics. Twi and Star had learned that they had quite some similar tastes when it came to literature so naturally, Starlight saw Twilight as her closest friend and always enjoyed their little reading sessions. She was indeed showing progress, just the other day she suggested that they invite other ponies so they could have a book club, however Twilight told her that she had already tried to make one but the only pony in town that was interested in the idea was Rainbow Dash after the pegasus became the number one fan of Daring Do.

Suddenly the sound of thunder came from outside the castle. Twilight said, "Seems like it´s going to rain. I better go pick up my order of cupcakes at Sugar-cube Corner before it does. Care to join me?"
"Of course. Shall I tell Spike so he can come with us?"
"Actually the cupcakes are for him so I´d prefer if he didn´t know. In any case he seems to be enjoying his new issues of Power Ponies"
"I guess it´s just the two of us then."

As they walked through Ponyville everypony was saying hello to their newest resident. It was amazing how quickly the residents of this town adapted to a new resident, after all, it had only been one month since Starlight was reformed and started living along with the princess on the castle. Probably due to the fact that they lived in the same town of the Princess of Friendship and the former wielders of the Elements of Harmony.

In any case the most stressful thing she had to do in this past month was meet the human version of herself, which had been in her opinion the weirdest and most awkward thing she had ever done, especially after hearing the story of what happened when they met that other Twilight. She had a hard time believing that story however she had experienced stuff way more unbelievable and she herself could not help but be reminded of the time she used an attraction spell on her Smarty Pants doll in order to hand in a friendship report. In fact, she would have tampered with dark magic if her teacher hadn´t shown her the consequences of doing so, and she was quite aware of that fact. In the end she and her counterpart weren´t so different.

When they arrived at Sugar-cube Corner they met up with Pinkie at the cash-register. "Hi girls, I´m guessing you came here to pick up the ruby cupcakes for Spiky-wikey."
"Yes please," replied Twilight.
"Oky Doky Loky." Saying that she turned to the other pony. "So, Starlight, how have you been getting along here in Ponyville?"
"Very well, no matter were I look, everypony is so nice. I really was wrong bout special talents getting in the way of true friendship."
"Don´t feel bad. Your hart was in the right place. You didn´t want anypony to feel bad about their talents or the talents of others."
"Thanks Pinkie, I really needed to hear that."
"No need to thank me, you should thank Twilight, she was the one that allowed you to stay here in Ponyville and in her castle no less just so you could learn about friendship. In any case here are the cupcakes."
"Thanks Pinkie, how much do I owe you?"
"That´ll be fifty bits please."

Twilight paid for the cupcakes and she and Starlight were about to leave Sugar-cube Corner when the alicorn noticed the drops of water falling from the sky. "Ugh. I was hoping we could get to castle before it started raining."
"Um, Twilight, I don´t think that´s rain."
"Uh. Why?"
"Look, the clouds are all pink and spiky, the pegasi are trying to remove them but are constantly getting shocked by the clouds, and above all the water seems to be actually chocolate milk rain."

Twilight looked up and sure enough all of what Starlight described was true. She could not help but think of Discord since the last time the clouds were made of cotton-candy and showering everypony with chocolate milk was the first time she and the girls faced him, and the clouds became spiky was when Discord´s plunderseeds grew and attacked the Tree of Harmony making the Everfree forest invade. But how could he; not only was he reformed but he was constantly been watched by her friends, not to mention his magic was currently nullified by Princess Celestia´s spell.

"Oh, no. Looks like vacation is over."
"Yippee. It´s raining chocolate milk again."
"(Sigh) Well, here we go again"

Author's Note:

I´m looking for a good cover, if you have a suggestion or would like to make one please put the link on the comments