• Published 27th Mar 2016
  • 270 Views, 2 Comments

Fooled by One Killed by Many - Nightmarity19



Somepony who is bullied because of being different

  • ...
 2
 270

Chapter 4

Firestarter ran as fast as he can in able for him to get away from the brawl, it didn't take long for Ravendeath to appear in front of him almost knocking him down.

"Found ya!" said Raven as he drew his sword and lifted his sword up in the air.

The sword gleamed in the moonlight and was brought down but Adagio's ghost pushed Starter out of the path of Raven's sword which only met the ground with a thunk on the concrete. Starter got up shocked at what just happened but didn't care then continued to run until he went into Redheart's house and hid inside the closet. Raven barged into the house by splitting the front door open with his sword, looking around the place trying to find Firestarter.

"Alright boy we can do this the easy way or the hard way and I don't think you'll like the hard way at all," shouted Ravendeath swinging his sword around the room.

Firestarter tried his best to keep quiet and hoped he would go away.

"I'm gonna find you kid and when I do I'm gonna drag your ass back to our boss so he can deal with you," said Raven looking around.

All of a sudden he heard a soothing voice echoed through the room causing Raven to stop in his tracks.

"Come here listen to me I know you can't resist," said Adagio pulling him closer to her.

Ravendeath followed the sound of the voice which led him to an empty room and a loud banging noise and looking around trying to find the source of the banging noise.

"Who's there? Show yourself!" shouted Raven as he heard hoof steps approaching.

The mare of course was none other than Adagio Dazzle in a red velvet dress and her pendant making a jingling noise but all Raven looked at was her eyes that was flashing green.

"Well well look what we have here," said Adagio lifting his chin up so they're eyes could meet.

"Your pretty," complimented Ravendeath.

Adagio giggled at the complimented then her eyes turned completely red.

"Don't you know that looks can be deceiving Ravendeath?" said Adagio as she pushed him off of the platform into a sharp pole that impaled Raven until he died then turned into dust leaving his sword behind.

"Hmm seems he left his sword behind but perhaps my son can use it," said Adagio as she examined the sword.

Firestarter came out of the closet to see the room was empty except a sword that sat on the floor next to Redheart's nightstand as if somepony left it there for him to grab. He looked at it closely being cautious if it had some sort of security measure but it never came.

"It does pretty cool to look at so I wonder how man bit I can get for this," said Starter who immediately slapped himself at the thought.

Meanwhile Luna got thrown into a tree splitting it in half with Carmilla laughing hysterically at her work, Luna felt a sharp pain that went all over her body including her spine.

"Poor poor Luna I really thought you would last longer but I guess not," said Carmilla as she bucked her in the stomach causing her to puke up blood and bile.

Luna struggled to stand as she sensed her darker side was about to be unleashed desperately keeping it at bay instead using her dark powers to her advantage. Carmilla knew it was time to pull out all stops as she charged up fully and they both clashed again but this time Luna had an advantage over her adversary.

"Time to die!" shouted Luna as she charged up her horn for one final blast.

Carmilla did her best to stop it even divert it away but to no avail. The beam of bright blue magic pierced through Carmilla's chest which caused her to crash land with a thud as she skid across the cold unforgiving ground. Luna flew down to check her work before collapsing on the ground as well because she used almost too much power. Firestarter felt Luna's power draining fast so like a bullet train he teleported to where Luna laid and gave her some of his magic which worked because he could see Luna's beautiful eyes looking at her and she saw his bright smile.

"Firestarter...you came for me...I'm glad you did my apprentice," said Luna weakly.

Firestarter carried Luna back to the castle as the morning sun rose up.

"You won't die right?" asked Starter worried.

Luna looked up at him and smiled weakly.

"And leave my apprentice all alone? No way as soon as I am healed I will treat you like my own son," explained Luna.

Starter's smile was as bright as the morning sun when he heard those words.

Luna had noticed the sword on Starter's back belonging to Ravendeath and a flood of questions hit Luna like a ton of bricks crashing down on a building.

Where did he get that sword from? thought Luna but all her body wanted to do was sleep.

Starter put covers over Luna's body which she was grateful for him to do and she petted his head.

"Thank you my apprentice you've done well now go get some shut eye yourself ok?" asked Luna almost half asleep.

"Yes ma'am," responded Starter as he went into his room and cuddled in his sheets and covered in the blanket until he fell asleep.

It was the greatest sleep in his life.

5 years went by and Firestarter was a full grown stallion standing side by side with his fellow bat ponies ready to be recruited. A nervous chill went up his spine but he was able to keep his composure long enough so Luna could walk up to her podium, clearing her throat she turned her attention towards the crowd then spoke.

"After years of constant training I am here to proudly announce that my faithful student Firestarter Dazzle is now a new recruit who is loyal to my night guard," said Luna as she put a badge on Starter's new armor plate.

The crowd cheered loudly even whistled at Starter as he waved at the crowd but something was off about this and Luna could sense it.

"Starter I'm sure wherever Adagio and Redheart are they are smiling down at you," said Luna reassuringly.

"I know but it feels worthless without them here cheering me on," said Starter.

"They never left," responded Luna as she put her hoof on his chest where his heart was.

Starter smiled and even teared up a bit.

As the ceremony concluded Starter went into his room which housed his mother's picture and one recent picture of Redheart when she was taking care of his wounds. He smiled at the pictures until a fellow bat pony informed him of his time to guard the princess.

"Be right there," said Starter as he walked to his post and stood like a statue.

The night was still and clear not a hair out of place but there was that something that made Starter feel uneasy. His partner Shade noticed his partner was acting a little strange and didn't know why.

"Hey dude you ok man? You look like you saw a ghost or something?" asked Shade.

"I think they're someponies in the forest," responded Starter.

He ran out despite what his partner had said went into the forest, hiding by a tree being as cautious but was caught by a bunch of vamponies who tied him up then proceeded to take him to an undisclosed location.

"Let me go!" shouted Starter as he struggled to get free.

They put him under a statue and started to chant a name all too familiar.

"NO!" shouted Starter as he continued to struggle but the ropes were too tight.

A sacrifice was made that basically turned him into a blazing fire pony. The vamponies leave Firestarter as he cries but his tears was just fire and Starter screamed to the heavens but to no avail leaving only a spark of his former self.

Starter left his armor plating behind and was never seen again.

The only thing that was left was his helmet and a note Luna found.

Dear Princess Celestia,

I thank you so much for helping me so much but I can not be a guard that constantly burns everything, so I decided to leave Ponyville at least until I figure something out.

Comments ( 2 )

Ah. A gender-flipped Snow Drop. Good luck with the artificial feels.

7066146 thanks, there might be a sequel

Login or register to comment