• Published 14th Feb 2016
  • 1,995 Views, 89 Comments

The New Stallion - The_11th_doctor

  • ...
19
 89
 1,995

Chapter 4: Plan B: More Spying

It was a new morning for Button Mash as he got up and ate some breakfast. Once was he done, he left his home to check on Sweetie Belle.

He had received a note from her telling him to meet her at the crystal mines. He didn’t know why she wanted to meet there, but he didn’t see a reason to argue. After that awful date, he really didn’t want to make things worse for himself. He headed straight there.

******

…..He left in such rush that he didn’t notice the blue box once again flying in the sky overhead. However this time it was acting rather calm, and looking like it was about to land…..

******

He arrived at the crystal mines and saw Sweetie Belle hiding behind a rock. He snuck up behind her. “Hi… Sweetie Belle.”

Sweetie Belle jumped. “Oh hi Button Mash I didn’t see you.” She whispered as she yawned.

“Why are you so tired?” he questioned, keeping his voice down.

“Oh, I got up really early so I could get a better chance at spying on Spark.”

“Wow, are you sure you will be okay.” he questioned worriedly. “I mean, we been at this for nearly a week now.” he noted. Indeed, ever since that proclamation Sweetie Belle had made nearly a week ago, the two had been gathering more and more info on Spark, and yet they were still no closer to finding any dangerous secrets. It seemed Spark Speagle was a perfectly fine gentlepony.

However Sweetie Belle was getting more and more determined to find something hidden about him. Button Mash tried his best to stay by her side through all of this, but it was getting very hard.

“I know but--” suddenly Sweetie Belle was interrupted by the sound of movement from within a nearby cave. “Oh snapples, get down.”

“Wow you’re tired,” Button Mash said as he stood there beside her, questioning her choice of slang.

“Just get down!” she slightly raised her voice without even realizing it, or the fact she was now standing in plain sight.

Button Mash looked to see Spark walking out of the cave and instantly he reacted. He didn’t want Sweetie Belle to be caught or she would be grounded. So he did the unthinkable. He grabbed Sweetie Belle and tackled her to the ground, thereby putting her out of sight. But things didn’t go as expected. When the dust settled they found each other in the most awkward position. Button Mash was standing over Sweetie Belle with their faces and their bodies just mere centimeters from each other.

Both their faces was blushing madly. Button Mash tried his best to explain himself. “Look Sweetie Belle I’m sorry, I saw Sp--”

She stopped him by shoving her hoof in his mouth. “Shut it.” She whispered. She removed her hoof and showed how furious she was. In a way he did save her, but the problem now was the fact that neither of them could move from their incredibly awkward positions with Spark standing out there or they would be seen. So the two annoyingly stayed in their positions until Spark left. However from the sound of it, it seemed Spark was not alone.

******

“Wait purple one, wait,” said a diamond dog as it approached. “I think we actually found the perfect one this time.”

“Okay let me see,” he replied. The diamond dog showed Spark something. Neither Button Mash nor Sweetie Belle could see what the diamond dog was showing Spark, but from the sound of his excitement, it was exactly what he was looking for. As he jumped up and down. “That’s it! That’s it! This is perfect!”

“So she will like it?”

“Oh, she will adore it.”

******

The conversation continued between the diamond dog and Spark for several minutes, but Sweetie Belle could barely hear the rest for her own mind starting to fog over as she looked at Button Mash. ‘Has he always been this handsome.’ she thought as she stared intently at him. Meanwhile he hadn’t notice as he was trying to get a better view of Spark since he was in the top position.

However as time went on, his legs began to weaken. Then without warning, his legs finally gave out and he fell, his body falling the rest of the way. Upon feeling the touch of their bodies against each other, Sweetie Belle accidentally let out a joyful yelp.

Spark turned as he heard the yelp and thought, ‘Hmm strange. Oh, well.’

Meanwhile the main thing through Sweetie Belle’s mind was, ‘I just yelped for joy. I just yelped for JOY! WHY DID I JUST YELP FOR JOY?!?!’ And Button Mash’s mind was on a similar track.

Soon the conversation between Spark and diamond dog came to an end. But Sweetie Belle and Button Mash didn’t know that. For the world was completely nonexistent to them as they were now lost in each other’s eyes. They were unknowingly admiring each other. ‘Oh what am I doing?’ they both questioned themselves. ‘I can’t stop staring into that face.’

As time started to slow, the two began to lean towards each other. ‘Oh, what am I doing? Oh no, I can’t stop myself!’ their minds struggled. Soon their faces were so close that they could feel each other's warm breath. Both their eyes began to dilated from the touch of the other’s breaths. And that was it, both their minds went blank, and finally their eyes closed upon waiting for that glorious touch of each other’s lips.

Soon they were so close that only a microscope could tell that their were still not touching yet. Now both their minds were now yelling the opposite of before. ‘JUST KISS ME ALREADY!!!!’

It was going to be perfect. It was going to be incredible. It was...

...just got flat out ruined as Sweetie Belle felt something jab at her gut that killed the mood in an instant. Sweetie Belle lowered her head back to the the ground and opened her eyes in anger, while Button Mash hadn’t noticed as he kept his movement going until he felt her hoof in his mouth once more.

Button Mash opened his eyes to see a red hot furious rage on Sweetie Belle’s face. “Button,” she spoke with the most dreaded malice in her voice as she removed the hoof. “That better be a stick poking at my gut, or so help me I will kick you so hard down there THAT YOU WOULD HAVE WISH I WAS GROUNDED FOR A WEEK!!”

“I… I… I....” and that’s when he realized that was no stick, as he jumped off of her as quick as he could. As soon as he was off of her he tried explain himself. “I’m sorry Sweetie Belle, I just….I just--”

He was instantly stopped as Sweetie Belle slapped him across the face. “I do not want to hear it. I'm going to spy on Rarity now. ON MY OWN!!” She yelled the last part as she left.

******

Sweetie Belle headed over to Rarity’s boutique. ‘What is with him? Why did he have to ruin it?’ she thought. ‘Wait why am I worried about this. It’s not like I wanted to kiss the idiot.’ her mind thought in denial. She looked up to see that it was late afternoon, so she rushed.

She soon arrived and went inside. Once there, she heard Rarity humming even happier than before. Sweetie Belle walked over to the table when she saw that dinner was ready. She sat down and began to eat.

“Oh, good, Sweetie. I had hoped you would show up soon,” Rarity said as she walked up. “I have good news and bad news.” Sweetie Belle turned to see what her sister had to tell her. Rarity continued. “It seemed mom and dad are going on a big date tomorrow, so they asked if I could have you stay the night as per our usual thing.”

Sweetie Belle nodded in agreement as she began to eat her meal. It wasn’t first time Rarity was asked to babysit, even though Sweetie Belle was old enough to take care of herself now, but she really didn’t mind spending time with Rarity. They could find plenty of fun stuff to do.

Of course that seemed like the good news, but what was the bad news? “Well, you see Sweetie, that would be fine for tonight. But...”

“But what?” Sweetie Belle questioned.

“Well, you see tomorrow I will be busy being with my special somepony. Oh wow, did I just say that out loud.” Rarity blushed madly as she giggled.

Hearing those words almost cause Sweetie Belle to choke on her meal. This was out of nowhere. Rarity had never used those words to describe a stallion she was dating. Rarity was always so hesitant when even using that word in conversation. But there was not a single hesitation this time. In fact she sounded joyful upon saying it.

“Rarity?” Sweetie Belle questioned her sister’s words. “You can’t really be saying that you see this Spark like that.”

Rarity blushed even more as she waved her hoof at her sister. “Oh… but I do,” Rarity said as she swayed her head back and forth, obviously having a momentary thought of her stallion. “Oh Sweetie, have you ever felt giddy around a stallion before?”

“You been giddy over stallions plenty of times,” she deadpanned.

“Yes, but not like this,” Rarity continued as she swayed back, landing on her fainting couch as it appeared. “I mean I originally had some doubt about dating him. I saw me and him as really good, close friends. And now I can’t see myself as anything else but as his special somepony, and especially having him be--” She hummed with even greater delight and then continued, “my special some--”

“Are you that serious about this stallion?” Sweetie Belle questioned as she interrupted her.

“Oh yeah it’s like I’m under some sort of spell. And tomorrow on Hearts and Hooves Day. I plan to spend every minute with my….my…. eeekkk!!” she screamed with delight.

Sweetie Belle instantly reacted by doing a double-take as she heard that. “Wait, Hearts and Hooves Day is tomorrow?!?!”

******

Author's Note:

So next is Heart and Hooves Day. There still plenty of mystery going on. Get ready for the Chapter 5: The Dreadful Day.