• Published 10th Jan 2016
  • 2,196 Views, 132 Comments

The Destroyer and Her Doctor - Justice3442



Debra Hart leads a rather plain life, discounting the disasters caused by her clumsiness on a daily basis. Luckily she meets a man who adds a bit of excitement to her life, though often in the form of other-worldly beings that want to kill them both.

  • ...
12
 132
 2,196

Prologue

The Destroyer and Her Doctor

Prologue


A pegasus mare with a gray coat, blond tousled mane, and daisy-colored eyes that refused to point the same direction stared up at a long, tapered aperture pointing down at her. She squinted and craned her head upward, attempting to force her eyes to focus on the black barrel of whatever was above. Her left eye locked onto it as her right eye decided the ropes that were keeping her four legs and wings held tight to the diagonally sitting bed she’s strapped to were more interesting.

Welp… It must be Tuesday…

She scrunched her muzzle and closed her eyelids hard. Opening them, this time her right eye focused up towards the long, cylindrical item and her left eye lazily drifted to take in the consoles of flashing lights that surround her.

Sighing, she decided the aperture was pointed at her forehead. Yes… she was sure of that.

“Comfortable, my dear?” a masculine voice asked.

The mare tried to tilt her head towards the sound of the voice, but something applying force to her temples is kept it firmly in place. With some degree of frustration, she resigned herself to the fate of one eye looking upwards at what was likely going to shoot her in the head and the other looking back down at her bounds.

“You knoooow…” she cooed as her eyelids drop halfway down her eyes. “You don’t have to make some sort of important scientific discovery if you want to tie me up.”

Er… Why… ummm… That is…”

The mare giggled. “You’re so cute when you’re flustered.” She frowned. “Wish I could see it.”

The head of a brown stallion with a dark-brown mane spiked back and upwards and sky-blue eyes suddenly entered the mare’s field of vision. He looked down at her with a half-smile sitting below eyes that betrayed just a hint of annoyance. “Better?”

Hehe… Much… Now what’s this thing pointed at my forehead?”

The stallion points up to the aperture pointed at the mare’s forehead with a forehoof, he regarded the mare below him with a sort of wild enthusiasm. “You see, Dearest Heart,” the stallion produced a flat, round black item with six points attached to a circular line at the end and an empty space composed of a small circle with six prongs sticking out of it, “once I attach this thought wave receiver, or T.W.R. to your forehead, zap! The dimensional quantum particle tracer, or D.Q.P.T. up there will sync with your distinct mental wavelength.” The stallion held his forehooves a few inches from each other, and shook them slightly before holding them still. He pressed his hooves together, taking care not to damage the T.W.R. in his right hoof. “Once that connection is made, we can follow the wave pattern all the way to wherever or possible whoever it leads us to.” He energetically pointed off into the room. “Zoom! It’ll feed the data in real time to the wavelength particle computation machine, or W.P.C.M and pow! The data will be translated into visual and audio signals, allowing us to view the temporal anomaly you seem to be connected with! It’s brilliant really! Whoever came up with all this really deserves a pat on the back. Oh wait, that was me.”

Dearest Heart chuckled grinned. “You said, ‘dimensional’.”

The stallion frowned. “No I didn’t.”

“Oh, yes you did.”

“Lies. Nothing but slander and lies, my dear. I knew your vision wasn’t to be trusted, tut-tut, but your hearing as well… This isn’t good dear. Not good attall!”

Dearest Heart nodded to the device above her. “What was the name of the thing pointed at my head again, Doctor?”

The Doctor mashed a frown and a scowl into a maelstrom of grump mashed a frown and a scowl into a maelstrom of grumpiness on his face. “That was the ‘D.Q.P.T.’” he said, stressing every letter.

Dearest Heart shook her as much as she could within her restraints. “You and your acronyms. Well, what does ‘D.Q.O.T.’ stand for?”

The Doctor grumbled something under his breath.

Dearest Heart giggled. “Didn’t quite catch that. Maybe you can start with just the first letter.”

More grumbling.

“Come on… Come on… Hehehe… I want the ‘D’, and you’re just the stallion to give it to me…”

A smile cracked through the frown on the Doctor's face, but he still mumbled out a reply. “Mmmmmensional…”

“I don’t I think you gave me the ‘D’ properly that time, dear Doctor.”

The Doctor sighed. “Dimensional! The ‘D’ stands for dimensional! There I said it! Is your desire to see me squirm properly sated, dearest? Can we drop it now?!”

A massive smile spread from one side of Dearest Heart’s muzzle to the other. “There, was that so hard?”

With a sigh, a scoff, and even a bit of a grumble, the Doctor backed up a few steps.

“Doctor?” Dearest Heart called out. “I can’t see you anymore.”

“I’m quite aware,” the Doctor replied.

Hehe… Come on! I just can’t get enough of your handsome face.”

“Well, speaking of faces, I can only assume you’re making that bloody ‘I told you so face.’”

“You won’t know unless you came back over here~…” Dearest Heart answered in a sing-song tone.

“… Well that’s a ‘yes’ if ever there was one.”

“You’ll have to come back here at some point! The thought wave receiver isn’t going to attach itself to my head~.” Dearest Heart strained at her ropes slightly. “And it’s not like I can attach it to my own head.”

“Maybe I ought to just leave you bloody well tied up, then.”

Dearest Heart tightened her face for a moment before her grin returned. “Good luck dealing with all the kids on your own when Amethyst Star suffers her daily break down.”

There was a pause, another sigh, some shuffling of hooves, and with grumpy expression at the ready, the Doctor leaned forward into Dearest Heart’s field of vision. Dearest Heart met this expression with a wide grin and knowing eyes that couldn’t quite focus on the Doctor.

“I told you so.”

The Doctor puffed out his lower lip as his brow slumped forward. He leveled a forehoof at Dearest Heart. “Alright, but other dimensions are supposed to be impossible.”

Hehe… Pretty sure the equation you transcribed from me on a chalkboard sitting in the corner of this very room says otherwise…”

Seemingly taking offense with something else in the room, the Doctor glared off into the distance and mumbled something incoherent under his breath.

“Oh, don’t be so grumpy! At least now we can figure out how I’m supposedly going to be the catalyst that potentially sends two dimensions crashing into each other, destroying them both.” Dearest Heart frowned. “I’ve destroyed plenty, but I really don’t want ‘All of creation, times two’ to be something ponies remember me for.”

The Doctor looked down with a more serious look. “Well, if the dimensions are destroyed, you won’t have to worry about that given you’d be in one of them as well as all the ponies we know. Besides, it takes two to tango, and there’s a better than fair chance it’s your counterpart that’s to blame and she’s the catalyst. You, and by extension everypony who happens to share a dimension with you, just gets to suffer the consequences as her latching onto your energy pattern lets her gather the energy for whatever crazy thing she’s doing!”

Hrmmm… any ideas on that part yet?”

“Well, I’ve ruled out baking muffins. You usually don’t need to cause so much destruction making a simple batch of baked goods.” The Doctor smiled and shrugged slightly. “Of course, there is the occasional exception.”

“Hey, that was one time and it was an accident!” Dearest Heart protested. “Besides don’t you think it’s a little early to pin the blame? It’s still possible I try reaching out to her for some reason… I mean, we don’t even know what this other me looks like.”

“Oh, I’m sure it’s another pony…” He grinned. “Maybe she got the luck of the draw and is a ginger, though.”

A smirk found its way back onto Dearest Heart’s face. “Now Doctor, you know the equation predicts some degree of parallel activity, but we can’t be sure of physical appearances. The me over there could be microscopic or huge even!”

“I don’t think any dimension is ready for more of you than you already are.”

“Hey!” Dearest Heart protested.

“Anyhow, I’m sure it’ll be a slight and silly change… This parallel dimension is probably just full of zeppelins or everypony wearing cowboy hats, or some such.”

Dearest Heart rolled her eyes. “Right, because I’m just one cowboy hat away from destroying two universes.”

“You never know,” the Doctor said, “You could fit a lot of antimatter in a ten-gallon cowboy hat! Imagine all the muffins you could bake with that.”

Dearest Heart rolled her eyes. “Yeah, yeah… Rub it in whydon’tcha!”

The Doctor chuckled and leaned forward and began brushing Dearest Heart’s mane away from her forehead. “Anyhow, we best get started…”

Dearest Heart leaned her head up, catching the Doctor's lips with her own. Though surprised at first, the Doctor leaned into the kiss and tilted his muzzle slightly, allowing his lips to lock with Dearest Heart’s.

Dearest Heart hummed in pleasure. “Hmmmmmmmmmmmua!” She broke the kiss. “What’s your hurry? You can do anything with me tied up like this, and we know the anomaly won’t start affecting our world for some time…”

The Doctor grinned wryly at Dearest Heart. “Egad, woman. Just how large of a brood do you plan to have with me?”

“Oh, come off it,” Dearest Heart said with a smile as she rolled her eyes. “You know it’s not that time of the year.”

Also smiling, the Doctor shook his head. “I know I shouldn’t be surprised, but somehow I still can’t believe after all this time you’ll turn a lazy eye—”

“Hey!”

“—towards complete world destruction just because you can’t get enough of me.” The Doctor stroked his chin thoughtfully and stared up at the ceiling. “Though, I suppose I am quite fetching.”

Pullleeeeaaaase! What’s the point of saving worlds all the time if you don’t get to enjoy yourself from time to time?”

The Doctor chuckled and leaned forward, his lips brushing against Dearest Hearts as he spoke, “That’s exactly what you said right before you became pregnant with Dinky…”

‘THUD!’

The Doctor and Dearest Heart jumped slightly at the sound of a door being thrown open.

“Mama! Daaaaaaad!” a young female voice called out. “I’m boooooooored!”

Dearest Heart sighed heavily. “You just had to say her name!”

“Well I didn’t bloody know she was clairvoyant!”

“Hey! What’s that thing mama is strapped to?”

Dearest Heart tilted one of her eyes downward. She was just able to catch a glimpse of the unicorn filly with a light purple-coat and the same blonde-colored mane and daisy-colored eyes as herself.

The Doctor sighed and placed all four hooves back on the ground, trotting towards Dinky. “Dinky? Your mother and I are engaged in a scientific endeavor that concerns not only our—sigh— dimension, but a second. Also, you should still be at the Little Inventors Club!”

“Yeah… They had to send everypony home after the roof caved in.”

“Dinky?” The Doctor said in a stern voice. “What did you do?”

“Me?!” Dinky protested. “How come you always assume it’s my fault when something happens at the Little Inventors Club?”

The Doctor seemed to consider this for a moment. “Hmmm… Well, I suppose that’s a fair poi—”

“Dinkums!” Dearest Heart interrupted in a stern tone. “What did you do?”

There was a brief pause, followed by an answer. “All I did was create a simple carbon dioxide reaction by combining NaHCO₃ and HCH₃COO together!”

“Good heavens!” The Doctor exclaimed. “They let you have baking soda and vinegar?! They’re lucky you didn’t take out the entire building, let alone Ponyville.”

Dearest Heart let out a long and drawn out sigh, almost as if her soul was trying to escape through her mouth. “We’ll talk about this later. For now why don’t you go play with Amethyst Star and your sisters?”

“Amethyst Star was busy stopping Dizzy and Chirpy from painting!”

“Dear?” The Doctor called out. “You can’t see it but I’m tossing you a confused look.”

“Noted,” Dearest Heart replied.

“Well, painting sounds equal parts unusually nice and unusually safe,” the Doctor said. “Why would Amethyst Star need to stop that?”

Dearest Heart frowned. There was something missing from this family equation. “Dinkums? Was Dipsy painting too?”

“No, she was being painted,” Dinky replied.

“What?!” The Doctor cried.

“…Aaaaand there it is,” Dearest Heart said.

“Yeah, she’s sorta pink and green now—Hey! What’s this?!”

“Dinky!” the Doctor exclaimed. “Don’t touch that it—”

‘Thwang!’

Dearest Heart watched as two bananas sailed across her field of vision.

‘Splat!’

The Doctor sighed. “That’s my banana launcher.”

“… Banana launcher? Really?” Dearest Heart asked in an unamused tone.

“Well what if we’re busy working across the room and don’t feel like getting up to have a snack?! LOOK! They don’t bloody well all have to be scientific marvels!”

“What’s this one do?!”

“Dinky! Get away from that! That—”

‘CRASH!’

Dearest Heart sighed. “So much for love…”

Ooooooh! What does this button do?!”

BOOM!’

“DINKY! Stops this right now! Father is quite cross with—”

‘Click!’

‘Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…!

Dearest Heart’s eyes shot open wide as the device pointed at her head began to hum as a light appeared in the barrel.

Uhhhh…. Doctor?!” Dearest Heart called out in alarm.

“Dearest? Can it wait? Dinky is sort of making a right mess of things.”

‘Crash!’

The Doctor sighed heavily.

Speaking of messes, what will the D.Q.P.T. do to me if the T.W.R isn’t attached?”

“Huh? Weeelllll, hypothetically an uncontrolled attempt at reading thought waves would vibrate the insides of your head until your brain oozed out your ears.”

Dearest Heart swallowed. “I thought you might say that.”

“Why do you… Oh… Oh no…” Dearest Heart watched as the Doctor rushed over to what few consoles that were in her vision and began frantically pressing buttons. “No, no-no-no, no-no!”

The commotion in the room suddenly stopped. “Ma-mama? Dad? What’s wrong?”

“Not now, Dinky!” The Doctor snapped.

‘MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM…!’

“Can you stop it?!” Dearest Heart cried.

“What do you think I’m trying to do?! But activating the lever starts a quantum chain reaction that can’t be interrupted!”

Dearest Heart felt one of the ropes on her legs loosen. “We need to get mama out of there!” Dinky cried.

“Dinky, no!” The Doctor cried. “If the beam from the D.Q.P.T. doesn’t intersect with thought waves, it could create an earthquake that swallows all of Ponyville and everypony in it!”

“That’s better than mama having her brain melted!” Dinky shot back.

The Doctor paused for a brief moment. “… Remind me to teach you a sense of scale one of these days, young lady.”

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM…!’

Dearest Heart grit her teeth. “Would you just put the thought wave receiver on my forehead already?!”

“Oh…” The Doctor uttered as he galloped over to Dearest Heart and swept her mane away from her forehead. “Good idea.”

As the machine entered a fever pitch of humming, the Doctor affixed the circular device to Dearest Heart’s forehead. “Dinky!” he cried.

“Got it!” Dinky answered as a blue-tipped, silver cylindrical object held in a yellow aura floated over to the doctor. The Doctor took the item in his hooves, extending the blue tip with a flick of a switch. He took the item into his mouth and pointed the blue tip at the device on Dearest Heart’s head. With a ‘buzzzzzzz’ the blue end lit up and she could feel the device on her head vibrate to life as it began to emit a soft red glow.

‘PHhhhhSHSHSHSHSHSHSHS!’

A blinding beam, energy suddenly shot out from the barrel above Dearest Heart and shot straight into the center of the circular item on her forehead. Suddenly the machine above quieted down to a gentle hum as the beam lowered in intensity to a soft pulsating glow in between the aperture above Dearest Heart and her forehead.

Dearest Heart’s eyes almost both focused on the beam shooting into her head. “Did… did it work?”

The Doctor let out a very audible sigh of relief as he collapsed on top of Dearest Heart. He moved his ear over her raising and falling chest as if he was trying to listen for something. “Well, you just spoke a coherent sentence instead of the insane gibberish of a pony whose brain is in the process of melting, so I’d say that was a success. How do you feel?”

“… Dizzy, light-headed… My vision is slightly blurred.”

“So… ‘normal’, is it, luv?”

Dearest Heart sighed. “Yeaaaaah…

“Yay!” Dinky said cheerfully. “We saved mama!”

“GO TO YOUR ROOM!” both the Doctor and Dearest Heart yelled in unison.

“Ah!” Dinky exclaimed as she bolted out of the workroom.

‘SLAM!’

The Doctor sighed and turned to face Dearest Heart. “We really must teach Dinky about how to slowly close doors.”

“And also not cause wonton property destruction and maybe try to avoid doing things that might get other ponies killed?” Dearest Heart added.

“Oh, I don’t know…” The Doctor said as a wicked grin suddenly emerged on his face.
“Some things are just genetic.”

“… Oh you are so going to ge— HEY! Get back here!” Dearest Heart demanded.

The Doctor lowered himself back onto all four hooves and trotted over to the consoles in Dearest Heart’s field of vision. He began pressing buttons and examine readouts. “Hmmm…. Oh yes… Yes, YEEEEESSSS!”

“I take it that it’s working?”

The Doctor galloped back up to Dearest Heart with a smile on his face. “Yes,” he answered simply. He quickly ducked out of her field of vision once more.

Dearest Heart felt the bed she was strapped to shift as the Doctor repositioned it. The beam above her followed from the barrel that had been pointed to her forehead to the device now affixed to it, but she now had a view of a static filled screen with an image behind it that was slowly coming into focus.

The Doctor pulled up a chair, donned a pair of what looked like blue and red 3D glasses in a white paper frame, and sat next to Dearest Heart. He jumped slightly as the image came into focus. “Good heavens! That doesn’t look anything like a pony!” He turned towards Dearest Heart with a frown. “Are you sure your equation would find… well… you…?”

Something else on the screen caught the attention of one of Dearest Heart’s eyes. She let out a defeated sigh. “Yeah… that’s definitely me…”

-ooo-

A human female with a fair skin, long blond tousled hair, and daisy-colored eyes that refused to point the same direction stared up at a large office printer/copier/fax machine which was dispensing fire and smoke instead of the usual paper one would expect from such a machine. A buttoned up steel-blue shirt hugged her shapely figure, ending about were a blue skirt began. The skirt went down to the woman’s knees as she sat with her right thigh and her slightly folded legs on the floor. Her hands were extended on either side of herself to help hold her upright.

As the fire alarms began to blare and water began to drench her from a sprinkler above, she gave the device in front of her a hopeless look.

Welp… It must be Tuesday…