• Published 7th Jan 2016
  • 2,749 Views, 23 Comments

My Little Pony: Friendship is Overpowered (Equestria Girls) - Emotional Flight



Join Twilight Sparkle, Sunset Shimmer and their friends as they easily defeat every challenge thrown at them with their awesome friendship powers.

  • ...
5
 23
 2,749

III: Friendship Games

III: Friendship Games

Sunset tapped at her chin with her pencil, staring down at the paper in front of her that was covered in various formulae and scribblings. Beside her, a book buzzed, and she picked it up, reading through its comprehensive text that Twilight had helpfully written out for her. Then she took her pencil and drew out a bit more on the page.

She slammed the pencil down and gave a triumphant cry. “Girls, I know how magic works here!”

* * *

Twilight followed the pull of her device, using its sensor to navigate the halls of Canterlot High. As she approached a door, the device snapped apart in readiness. She pushed the door open.

On the other side was… a strange, floating, sparkling human with pony ears and an unnaturally long ponytail. She was attached to a machine that seemed to be pulling the glow slowly off of her, but she was replenishing it as quickly as it left.

She blinked. “Um…”

One of the humans that wasn’t floating looked over at her. “Rarity, tone it down. We’ve got company.” The floating human slowly floated to the ground.

A yellow human with pink hair walked over to her, tilting her head. “Twilight? Is that you?”

Twilight was now sufficiently creeped out to turn and run.

She didn’t even notice that her device hadn’t collected a sample. The magic inhibitors around glowing human were enough to stop that.

* * *

Sunset stood in front of the door for each skill distributing small vials of magic to each Canterlot High student as secretly as possible.

They ended up decimating their competition in absolutely everything.

Comments ( 15 )

You even captured the rather problematic connotations that sometimes crop up with Friendship is Overpowered. In this case, I'm not sure if the girls ever befriended human Twilight. And because Crystal Prep lost, Cinch probably finagled with her application to Everton.

Or the girls overpowered her with friendship offscreen. Either or.

6809166
Well, the idea was to replicate the tone, consistency, and or theme of the original story! :rainbowwild:

Ri2
Ri2 #3 · Jan 7th, 2016 · · ·

Performance-enhancing drugs? Really, Sunset?

Bravo. Truly friendship is overpowered!

And Canterlot High beats Crystal Prep, easily. :raritystarry:

This was fun to read, instant fave. :moustache:

Awww what about human twi?

So...how would you "overpower" the "Anon-a-Miss" incident?

You gonna keep updating this for every EqG movie?

7024408
Probably? There aren't any right now to add.

7025880
Well EqG 4 is confirmed

Wait what happened to stop it?

Now that was solid, and you even managed to put in a few extra jokes, just for fun, and that's something we can all appreciate. And, of course, this story had to be done. There's no arguing that. The first chapter was definitely the best, and it was everything I could have hoped for from a story like this. The second chapter was a bit hard to keep track of, but pretty serviceable. The last chapter, though... I sort of felt like that one was a let-down. I didn't feel like it was clear which Twilight it was at first, and the method by which the plot was defeated was really kind of poorly explained. And then the vials of skills were even less explained. Still, that shouldn't overshadow the brilliance of the first chapter!


cdn-img.fimfiction.net/group/vkuc-1448531607-209408-128
A review for ocalhoun's big 250k contest.
Remember to vote for the winner of the People's Choice award!
The rankings and ratings of stories in the contest are visible in real time, and you can see them here.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

The first one was funny and this one got a chuckle out of me at the end. I just don't think I see the appeal in the Friendship Is Overpowered idea, :(

With Legends of The Ever free coming out... Any chance of an update to this story?

Login or register to comment