• Published 31st Dec 2015
  • 1,951 Views, 31 Comments

Kamen Rider Harmony - smxsonic



Twilight Sparkle becomes a Kamen Rider to fight the remnants of Midnight.

  • ...
7
 31
 1,951

Henshin! The Spark of Magic!

The power was overwhelming her, and she liked it. For the the first time in what seemed like forever, she was in control. Twilight Sparkle, -no- Twilight Sparkle was weak. Twilight Sparkle only wanted to further her own goals. No more, She was Midnight Sparkle now, and no one would stand in her way, not her principle, not her so-called teammates, and especially not some fiery headed know-it-all!

Then, Twilight woke up. She laid on her bed for a few moments to compose herself. It’s been a month and she was still having nightmares. Sunset Shimmer had told her that it was normal, that Sunset still had nightmares after her episode. Twilight couldn’t go back to sleep after that. She hasn’t yet anyway.

It wasn’t even so much that Midnight scared her. Well, the part that scared her was that it was her. All of it was her. The fact that she was capable of causing so much damage frightened her, but what was even more frightening was that she enjoyed it. Her royal double had said that transformations like that didn’t come out of nowhere. Magic usually had a way of magnifying certain personality traits.

Twilight looked at her clock: 5:00 am. She just shrugged, she wasn’t going back to sleep anytime soon, so she might as well get ready for school.


Twilight yawned as she exited the school bus. She wasn’t really a coffee drinker, but right now she wished that she could have stopped by Sugarcube Corner to get something. At least Spike was good enough to stay at home. His extra weight on her back would have made her morning a lot worse.

It was still a good 20 minutes before the bell would ring. Students were only starting to trickle in. Twilight decided to take a seat on the steps to the school. She took her backpack and fished out her pendent. Well, it was a bit big to be a pendent, it barely fit in Twilight’s hand. Officially it was an EM Wave Detector. Designed to detect and contain abnormal EM waves. It was damaged during the friendship games, so at the moment it could only detect magic signatures. In fact it was detecting a fair blanket of magic all around the school, but that was normal for Canterlot High. One could make the argument that it was the source of her nightmares, as it was unleashing the magic that was contained in the device that was the catalyst in her transformation.

“Hey, Sci-Twi! What’s up?”

Twilight was brought out of her thoughts by Sunset Shimmer,her first real friend since Shining Armor and Smarty Pants, sitting next to her. She wasn’t sure what to make of the nickname yet.

“Oh, hey, Sunset, sorry, I’m a bit out of sorts this morning.” Twilight said.

“You have the nightmare again?” Sunset asked, her head tilting in concern.

Twilight nodded.

“Do you want to talk about it?”

Twilight shook her head. There wasn’t anything more to say about the subject.

“Don’t worry, Twilight, you’ll get through this,” Sunset chuckled, “ I mean, at least people still like you.”

Twilight stared at Sunset through half lidded eyes, “I...really don’t think the situations are that comparable, most of the students here still think I’m someone else.”

“Yeah, I guess,” Sunset said while standing up and stretching her hand, “but are you really that different?”

Twilight hummed in response. She took Sunset’s hand and stood up.

“I suppose not, but I doubt I’ll be ruling my own province any time soon.”

Sunset chuckled, “ She used to be a librarian before she was a princess, you know.”

“Now you’re just trying to make me jealous.” Twilight scolded.

They were joined by their friends and they had a lively conversation before the bell rang.

School went by without a hitch as it usually did. While it was true that CHS’ curriculum was less demanding than Crystal Prep, the atmosphere was generally friendlier and there seemed to be a fair amount of clubs to cater to everyone’s interest. Twilight would often spend her spare time (and being Twilight, she had a lot of that), in the electronics club, fiddling with her pendant. She was trying to perfect the containment function, hoping it would only take what was needed. She was also tuning it to ignore the latent magic that permeated the school.

The last bell rang and students started filing out. Some clubs stayed for meetings. Twilight and Sunset stayed to do some experiments with magic. Well, they said experiments, but they didn’t have any good samples to work with. They had stuck with using personal items from the rest of their friends and experimenting on those.

“How is it that magic can be so consistent and yet chaotic at the same time?” Twilight asked, her head resting on the desk.

Sunset sighed and shook her head, “It’s just like that, really. It doesn’t help that beyond playing our instruments we don’t have any reliable way to channel magic.”

“How were you girls able to do it during the games?”

“ That’s where the Chaos part comes in, somewhat. Magic responds to emotions, and when our friends exemplify themselves in the elements of friendship, The magic inside them is just expressing itself.”

“So it was more of a build up… but that doesn’t explain your transformation when I…” Twilight trailed off as she tried to repress the memory.

“Well, for that instance, there was a need, and the magic did it’s best to fill it.” Sunset said as she sat next to Twilight.

“I don’t think we’ll get anywhere for now.” Sunset said defeatedly

“Agreed,” Twilight replied, “But at least I got this thing to track magic more effectively”

“Maybe we can ask the Princess for help,” Sunset said.

Twilight sighed, “We’ll see.”

It was so weird that an alternate version of her had saved that school twice before. Not only that, she seemed universally loved by everyone. If Twilight was completely honest, she wasn’t only jealous, but now was under a lot of pressure to live up to someone who technically wasn’t human.

No,” Twilight thought , “I can’t be having those thoughts”

Twilight walked along the sidewalk with Sunset and her pendant beeped.

“What?” Twilight exclaimed as she took the device out and started to follow where it pointed.

“ Twi, Where are you going?” Sunset said as she tried to follow her.

Twilight followed the device to the end of a sidewalk. Where she found a slightly oversized class ring laying.

“This is what it’s picking up?” Twilight asked, as she carefully picked it up.

As soon as she did, she felt a burning pain in both her arm and her head, as if something were drilling into her. A lot of thoughts and memories started playing inside her head. Mainly memories pertaining to the friendship games and how her old school had treated her.

“Twilight!” Sunset called, She ran up and saw Twilight hunched over the sidewalk, hands holding her head.

“Twilight, what happened?” Sunset ran over to the hunched girl to try and help her up.

“Sun..set… help me…” Twilight opened her eye to reveal a familiar blue tint.

“Twilight?”

As soon as the magic surge happened, it stopped. Leaving Twilight in tears on the ground.

“Are you okay, Twilight? What happened?” Sunset asked while holding her friend’s shoulders.

“I… don’t know, I just picked the ring up… and… that happened.” Twilight said.

“We are definitely studying that tomorrow,” Sunset said, “For now, let’s get some rest.”

Sunset stood up, “Come on, I’ll Walk you home.”


She wasn’t used to running, right now she was running purely from adrenaline. She didn’t even know what she was running from.

“You don’t have to run,” her own voice said inside her head, “We both know what we can do.”

Twilight tripped and fell, her pursuer was catching up to her. She was cornered.

“ Come on, don’t you want to live?” It was her voice, but it wasn’t her thoughts, “Unleash the magic!

“N-No…”

The voice inside her head chuckled, “Fine, you can’t run from yourself anyway.”

The monster, still in shadows had caught up to her. I raised it’s claw up, and brought it down.

Twilight woke up. For once this nightmare wasn’t the recurring one, which would be a nice change of pace if it weren’t for the fact that it was still a nightmare.

Twilight got up and inspected the ring. She never told Sunset what she saw while the ring was trying to overtake her. That she saw Midnight again. It felt like last time too. Even holding it now, she knew she wasn’t going to like whatever the test gave out tomorrow, but it was better to know what it could do rather than leave it alone. Discovery requires experimentation after all.

Twilight yawned, which was a good sign. It meant that her recent dream wasn’t going to scare her awake. It also meant that for the first time in a long while she would get some much needed sleep.


“Well, the ring is radiating magic,” Sunset said looking at her computer screen, “but there doesn’t seem to be anything else about it. There’s nothing to suggest dark magic or any kind of specific spell.”

Twilight looked at the ring through the glass. They were running tests on the ring and most of them were inconclusive, and it bothered her more than ever.

“It’s weird,” Sunset continued, “There certainly is a lot of magic in it, but that shouldn't be enough to try and overtake someone, Unless…”

Sunset looked at Twilight, who had been quiet throughout the testing, save for basic communication in the experiments. Her eyes told the whole story. She was concerned, maybe even afraid of the ring.

“Twilight, What exactly happened back there?”

Twilight didn’t respond.

“Twilight, I saw your eyes… they were-”

“They were just like Midnight’s,” Twilight said finally, “You’re about to suggest that whatever remaining magic from that night somehow found it’s way into the ring”

Sunset paused for a moment, “Well, yes, But that’s a good thing!”

Twilight looked at Sunset with an eyebrow raised.

“The magic in that ring came from you, what you felt when you picked up the ring were the same emotions from the friendship games.”

“Shouldn’t I have transformed?”

“Well, No… The magic was yours to begin with, so it accepts you.”

Twilight shut the apparatus down, and removed the ring.

“So the magic in this is mine?” Twilight asked while inspecting the ring.

“Yeah, in fact, we could probably use it to teach you some basic spells” Sunset said, “they won’t be like anything a unicorn can do, but it would close enough”

For once this week, Twilight could say she felt excited. She would finally unlock the secrets of magic.

Then Rarity burst through the door.

“Girls, we have a problem.” Rarity said.


“Get away Flash!” Rainbow Dash yelled.

“Come on babe, just give me a chance” Flash said creepily

This had been going on for a few minutes. Fortunately Flash was just being creepy and not doing anything harmful. Sunset, Rarity, and Twilight ran out to watch the scene.

“Flash! What’s going on!?” Sunset yelled.

“Oh hey, honey, Just trying to move on,” Flash said in the smoothest voice he could muster.

“Okay, That’s… weird. Why are you acting like that?” Sunset asked.

“I just felt like I needed to change,” Flash said.

Twilight’s pendant beeped. She took it out and saw that it was pointing at Flash.

“Sunset,” Twilight said, indicating the device.

“Right, magical crisis, We need to tell the Princess” Sunset said, Starting back into the school.

Twilight grunted in annoyance, stopping Sunset in her tracks.

“Twilight, I have no idea how to deal with this!”

“Really? How about you turn into a Goddess and calm him down!” Twilight yelled, afterwards thinking, “Where did that come from?”

“Because, I have no more control of that, than you have over your She- Demon form!” Sunset yelled back before gasping.

“Ooh, catfight,” Flash said, watching the two girls standing off with each other. Said girls promptly ignored the magically possessed teen in their stand off.

“We’ll talk about this later” Sunset said before running into the school.

Flash chuckled as he walked towards Twilight, “Well that was short lived.”

Twilight stepped down from the school entrance to get her distance.

“Flash, This isn’t you!” Twilight said, “You wouldn’t be acting this way.”

“Maybe that’s the problem,” Flash responded still walking towards Twilight. Twilight was still backing away.

“No one took the nice guy thing seriously. So I’m trying something new.” Flash said, his eyes starting to glow in a neon blue.

“Flash, That’s not you talking!” Twilight tried.

“ That’s where you’re wrong, Twi-Twi, This is me , all of it is me!” Flash started glowing with a purple aura, “and I’ll show you how serious I am.”

Batlike wings burst out from his back, and his body mutated into an golden armored being with claws. His face morphed into a lizard like snout as one final roar came from the transformation.

“Okay, That was unexpected,” Twilight said.

The Flash Monster slashed his claw at Twilight. Twilight ducked and started to run, looking back at the monster. The monster looked as if he was gathering energy and roared again. Twilight didn’t know whether the monster was still sentient, but she knew that she had to get out of there. She then heard a noise that sounded like a zipper and she tripped.

Twilight suddenly found herself in a forest. She looked behind her to see the there was a rift that lead to Canterlot High, and also that the Flash monster was airborne and coming right for her. Twilight picked herself up and ran behind a tree.

“There’s no use in running, Twilight,” Flash said in his warped monstrous voice, “I’ll find you eventually, and when I’m done with you, I’ll find your friends. ”


Twilight didn't know what to do, dropping to her knees from behind her tree. She wasn’t really athletic and while Rainbow Dash did teach her some self defense, she couldn’t realistically defend herself and her friends from that monster.

She took the ring out of her pocket and examined it. She remembered what Sunset said.

“We could probably use it to teach you some basic spells”

Twilight had an idea: maybe she could augment her own abilities with whatever magic was in this ring.

“ Of course, it might bring Midnight back…” Twilight thought, “ No, I can’t think like that.”

She slowly put the ring on her finger, bracing herself for whatever came next. What came next was nothing.

“Come on out, Twilight, these trees won’t hide you forever.” Flash called out.

Twilight tried to think as hard as she could, before Flash could get her.

May be the ring is more like a battery and needs something else to channel the magic”

Twilight took out her pendent. It couldn’t properly contain magic, but that also meant if it tried, it could be the conduit needed to channel the magic. She opened the device, and waved the ring over it.

Bolts of energy exchanged between the two items as a sphere of energy erupted from them. Twilight had a twinge of Deja Vu as the Sphere engulfed her.

Unlike the Transformation into Midnight, Twilight didn't really feel any transformation. Instead she saw her pendant repair itself and reconfigure itself. She felt a warmth on her hands and saw that the ring was reshaping itself, the jewel on it becoming an amethyst cut in the shape of a six pointed star and the band becoming golden. Her pendant attached itself to the center of her waist, belt straps materialized and securely fastened it.

As though she was possessed she waved her ringed hand in front of of the device. A voice rang out from nowhere.

“MAGIC, PLEASE! SPARK OF FRIENDSHIP!”

A black morph suit materialized on her, the star decorating the middle of the shirt. A simple black skirt came from her belt. Over the suit came a black coat that still fit under the belt. Finally a black helmet materialized around her head, giving off a grasshopper type look, The star decorating her forehead. However the visor was the last to appear, having a purple visor appear last in one band across the eyes.

Twilight inspected herself. The transformation was odd, but she couldn’t argue with the power she was feeling now.

The tree she was behind fell.

“Found Yo-...” Flash trailed off, “Who are you?”

“Um… “ Twilight jumped and straightened herself “I’m your… Worst nightmare?”

“Well I guess my comeback abilities weren't augmented.” Twilight thought to herself.

The Flash Monster slashed with his claw and Twilight blocked. She couldn’t believe it. She could feel the strength in the claw, but she was holding the claw back relatively easily. Keyword being “relatively”. She him in the head to relieve the pressure on her arm and punched him a couple of times in the chest, knocking him back both times. The Monster slashed again with his claw, Twilight leaning back to dodge and then landed another punch.

The fight led back to the portal that Flash made. He flared his wings and charged toward Twilight.


“Guys, what happened to Twilight?” Sunset asked while running out of the school.

“Flash turned into a rubbery looking monster and chased Twilight into that portal!” Pinkie explained enthusiastically.

“What’s going on anyway? Flash has always been thick headed, but he’s never gone right out creep before,” Rainbow Dash said, Fluttershy nodded in agreement .

“Sounded like he had something to prove.”Applejack said, holding her chin.

“Oh no...” Sunset droned

“What is it dear?” Rarity asked.

“Well, I have a theory…” Sunset began, “The details aren’t ironed out yet, but-”

Sunset was interrupted when the Flash monster flew out of the portal and face planted in the ground. Following him was a masked girl, in a black long coat and wearing black spandex underneath that.

“ That’s it!” The Flash monster yelled, “ I’m finishing this!”

He charged at her with one claw extended. She dodged the attack and then punched him in the stomach. She punctuated the attack with a kick, knocking the monster on his back.

The masked girl stood there in contemplation of what to do. Her breathing made it clear that she was start to grow tired.

“Kamen Rider!” Fluttershy called out, much to the surprise of her friends.

The masked girl looked to Fluttershy and pointed to herself, “Kamen..Rider?”

Fluttershy nodded, regaining her composure, “You can use a Rider Kick to finish him!”

“But I’ve been kicking him…”

Fluttershy shook her head, “Use the full extent of your power to make one last blow!”

The ‘Kamen Rider’ nodded , and looked back at the monster, who was getting up. She studied the ring she was wearing. Seeing that the monster was getting up. She quickly ran her hand over her belt buckle. Both the buckle and the ring reacted as a voice shouted from nowhere.

“Magic, FULL POWER”

A purple aura enveloped the Rider. Wings of energy emerged from her back as she jumped high into the air. She did a somersault in midair and did a dive kick with her leg enveloped in a purple aura.

The kick landed and the Flash monster went down in lightning bolts and explosions, leaving Flash Sentry laying there , back to normal, dazed but unharmed.

“So… Awesome!” Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy both said at the same time.

Kamen Rider landed and saw a ball of light floating above the teenage boy. It flew into her belt buckle, which closed and she transformed back into Twilight Sparkle.

“Twilight!” The other girls chorused, swarming the prone girl.

“That was awesome!” Rainbow Dash said, “Your style could use more work,but I’m glad to see that training paid off!”

“It wasn’t really me,” Twilight explained, “I was just using the magic in this ring.”

“So that ring turned you into…” Applejack trailed off trying to remember the name, “What did you call her, Fluttershy?

“Um, Kamen Rider,” Fluttershy said meekly, “ … It’s a Neighponese thing”

“Huh, Keep forgetting you’re into that stuff”

Sunset noticed the ring on Twilight’s finger, “Is that the ring we’ve been looking at?”

“Yeah, It transformed when I did,” Twilight explained.

The Mirror behind them came alive as Princess Twilight pushed through the portal.

“I Got your messages, Is Flash okay? Are you girls-...” The Princess trailed off as she saw the scene, “Thank goodness, you girls handled it on your own, that’s a trend I wouldn’t mind continuing.”

The girls looked at the princess in awkward silence. The Twilight Sparkle of the human world managing to stand up.


“Kamen Rider” The Princess intoned thoughtfully after hearing the story from her doppelganger.

The Princess chuckled, “You know If anyone of you became a superhero, I would have expected it to be Mare-do-Well.”

“Who?” Twilight asked.

“It’s a long story.” The Princess said, “Ask the girls, they might have a similar story.”

The two Twilights were sitting in Sugarcube Corner, on Sunset’s suggestion. Twilight had only finished telling The Princess the story of what happened that day.

“So…. What do you make of it?” Twilight asked meekly

“It’s fascinating, to say the least. I’m going to have to research magical transformation when I get home”

Twilight looked at the table forlornly.

“Twilight?” The Princess asked, calling her own name still weird on her tongue, “What’s wrong?”

“Sunset had a theory…” Twilight said, “That Flash was transformed because of some stray energy from Midnight.”

“I see where you’re going with this, and don’t go there,” The Princess interjected, “Nothing will get done blaming yourself.”

“That’s easy for you to say.”

The Princess chuckled, “The most productive thing you can do is find whatever is left of Midnight’s magic and contain it.”

Twilight nodded taking out her device.

“Look, I know it’s going to be difficult, constantly facing yourself at your worst, but you have Sunset and me,” The Princess said.

“Thanks, Twilight, you really do live up to your… reputation…”

“Twilight, are you… Jealous?”

The Twilight of the Human world looked at the table with a blush coming to her cheeks.

The Princess chuckled, “I guess I’m never going to get along with myself”

“Well, Isn’t this weird? You’re talking to another version of yourself!”

“Well, yeah, but after you’ve dealt with the things I’ve been through: Mad Gods, Ancient Artifacts, Time Travel, Trixie. It doesn’t really phase me. Although this still ranks up there in the weirdness scale.”

“You’re so casual about it!” Tears were starting to well up in her eyes, “You have such a presence here, everybody likes you. Everybody expects me to be like you...and….”

“You don’t know if you can reach that expectation?”

Twilight grumbled while The Princess kept the same serene smile.

“Oh, Twilight, I know what it’s like to try and live up to other’s expectations. When the Sirens tried to take over, the girls we SO Sure that I’d be able to help them, part of my trouble was the thought of letting them down. It goes without saying the you and I are a lot alike, and believe it or not I’m still the nerd who likes to re-sort her books every three months or so.”

“You do booksortcation too?”

“Well, I AM you… In a way.”

The two Twilights chuckled at that.

“Look,” The Princess began, “ I’m sorry to put pressure on you like that, but if you need to talk, Sunset does have her journal.”

“I may need to talk to you after this whole Kamen Rider thing…”

Twilight’s pendant glowed and then it opened up. A ball of light rose out of the device and a ring materialized and fell into Twilight’s palm.

“This thing still finds ways to surprise me,” Twilight commented.

“Well, the magic in this world is still a mystery.” The Princess

The Twilights bid their farewells and they both walked back to school where Sunset was waiting. The Princess and Sunset hugged each other as Princess Twilight went home. Sunset then offered Twilight a motorcycle helmet.

“Drive you home?”

“Um… Sure…” Twilight said, “Sunset, About earlier..”

“Don’t worry about it,” Sunset said, “I crossed a line, and I’m sorry. Also you’re right, I can’t go calling Mommy every time something magic happens and I don’t understand it.”

Twilight smiled as she went with Sunset. Tomorrow was going to be jam packed with experimenting and discovery of her abilities as Kamen Rider Harmony.

Author's Note:

This is the Result of a Kamen Rider kick I've been on.