• Published 9th Dec 2015
  • 877 Views, 33 Comments

Spacebound Equestria - TheMajorTechie



After a horrible defeat against Sombra, the remaining ponies board the ship 'Equestrian Pride', and head for the heavens above. What awaits them... is held within...

  • ...
5
 33
 877

Chapter 17: Element Seekers

Luna burst from the doorway to the cockpit, panting heavily. Behind her, a dense, black fog slowly wandered it's way throughout the hallways. Quickly, she used her magic to slam the doors behind her, halting the advance of the fog. She squinted as she scanned the surroundings, searching for somepony who could help her, when her eyes set on two mares that were known for their abilities.

"SUNSET! TWILIGHT!" She yelled, running towards them, "WE NEED YOUR HELP IN THE COCKPIT! SOMBRA"S BACK, And... and..." She paused as she took another breath. "And Sombra's... attacking... Celestia..." At the moment that her sister's name left her mouth, Luna promptly passed out.

Twilight looked at Sunset, who had immediately dropped down to support the Princess. "Sunset," she began, "Leave Luna somewhere where she'll be safe. Let's head off to the cockpit."

The two mares made their way through the fiery chaos around them, and soon found themselves at the door.

Looking inside, Twilight flinched at the sight of the fog. Sunset caught up with Twilight and caught a glimpse of what was to come.

"Ooooh boy..." she said, "I have a feeling that we're not prepared for this..."

Twilight nodded in agreement. "Yeah, we'd better find some help..." she paused for a moment to think about the possible strategies. "Oh!" she suddenly exclaimed, "I actually have the Elements of Harmony in my cubicle, we could try to use them to fight!"

Sunset rolled her eyes. "Well, there's six of them, but there's only two of us," she said, "I doubt that we could actually use them without proper bearers."

Twilight waved away Sunset's opinion with her hoof. "Then we should find some bearers, come on!"

The lavender mare took off into the doorway. Quickly, Sunset followed after her in pursuit. The fog was getting much denser, with Sombra feeding off of Celestia's magic. Soon enough, the two mares arrived in the offices. Twilight began digging through a large pile of books, while Sunset stood watch. After a few seconds, Twilight popped back up, a small box in her grasp.

"Here they are!" She exclaimed, "Now we just need bearers. Two of us can be bearers, though, so we only need to find four ponies who fit the criteria."

Sunset thought for a moment. Her train of thought was abruptly halted by another comment from Twilight. "You can be the element of Magic, since you seem to be the most powerful of the two of us, and I... I could be the Element of... LOYALTY! I could be the Element of Loyalty, because even though I failed the test, I still remained loyal to my dreams, and because of that, I'm here with you."

Sunset nodded. "Sure, now we only need to find four others who could be bearers." This time, it was her that lead the charge through the hallways, stopping in front of the mirror portal, it's luminescence outshining the smog around it. "Twilight," she began, "When I was in the human world, I made a few friends. If you could follow me into the portal, we could try to decide who could possibly be what."

Suddenly, the mirror abruptly closed, and the room went dark. The two mares sat in the darkness for a moment before Twilight broke the silence. "Well that plan's out of question now."

A soft glow appeared from Sunset's horn. Quietly, she whispered, "Yeah, no kidding, that portal closes after three nights, and it just so happened to be seconds before that when we arrived."

The two crept back into the hallway, the only sign of their presence being two pinpricks of light that danced in the darkness. In the background, they could here the immense struggle between Sombra and Celestia.

Twilight stopped and turned to Sunset. "I don't think that the Princess can hold out much longer. We'd better hurry."

Sunset silently agreed, and quickened her pace. Soon, the two found themselves back outside in the bright, artificial sunlight.

As they began their quest to find the bearers, a lone cyan pegasus stopped them "Whoa, whoa, whoa," Rainbow Dash said, "What do you think you're doing, leaving your office during a time like this? Celestia's in trouble! And we gotta go and help her!"

Suddenly, the box of Elements that Twilight held opened up, and a single element flew out. Immediately, it changed it's direction, and headed towards the General. Upon contact, the Element of Loyalty suddenly transformed into a small necklace, the Element itself embedded within the center.

Sunset and Twilight's jaws both hit the ground. General Dash looked down at the necklace. "Huh, I guess that I'm the Element of Loyalty now..."

Sunset shook herself from her stupor. "Well," she began awkwardly, "at least we don't have to worry about Loyalty any more. General Dash here seems to have that under control..."

Twilight pouted. "But I wanted to be Loyalty."

The General rolled her eyes. "Come on, you two, if we're gonna get to the bottom of this, we're gonna have to find the rest of the bearers."

The three mares trotted throughout the urban landscape, searching high and low for possible bearers. Eventually, they met back at the doorway with their findings. The General had found two possible bearers, and Twilight and Sunset had found one more pony each.

"So," began Twilight, "I found Derpy here, and she seems to fit generosity well, 'cause even though she often accidentally mixes up the mail, she usually gives something to the recipients to keep them happy."

Derpy piped up in their conversation. "Any of you want a muffin???"

Sunset shook her head. "Not now, Derpy. In the case of me, I found Applejack, and I'm pretty sure that if there was anypony who would ever deserve Honesty, it'd be her."

General Dash presented her own findings. "Rarity here seems to exceptionally pleasant to her customers, even when they get annoying, so I'd nominate her for kindness." the General turned to the second pony. "And Cheese Sandwich is a pony that even I've known for the ability to cheer anypony up, so obviously, he's gotta be Laughter."

Author's Note:

Well then. General Dash is Loyalty, Derpy is Generosity, Applejack is still Honesty, Rarity is Kindness, Cheese Sandwich is Laughter, and the final Element will go to...