• Published 7th Dec 2015
  • 247 Views, 0 Comments

Alexandria the Great - chillbook2



Alexandria is Equestria's first child of a dragon and pony. She hates being so different, and wishes she could be one or the other instead of half and half. King Sombra uses his dying breath to grant her wish, in ways not expected.

  • ...
6
 0
 247

Alex(andria) the Great

Alex(andria)

I ran downstairs to the armory. I kicked in the door and stepped in, shocked and disgusted by the two fallen bodies of Conjure and War. I made my way to them and dropped to my knees, filled with sadness and rage.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered to them. “I’m sorry you had to die. You didn’t even die a dignified, warrior’s death. You fell dead onto your faces. Please forgive me.”

“Did you hear that?” somepony asked. “Is that Alexandria?”

“I think so. Alexandria! Is that you?” asked somepony else.

“Not exactly.” I asked, rising to my hooves. Where were they? They sounded almost like…

“Shit! It’s Alex!” said the first voice. “We should have figured out first! Now she’s gonna finish us off.”

“No, not quite.” I said. “Who and where are you?”

“Down here. The corpses on the floor.” said the second voice. I looked down to my teachers bodies. I knelt back down and pushed them over onto their backs. Their eyes were wide open, unblinking, but their mouths were moving.

“You’re alive!” I shouted. I jumped high in the sky, flapping my wings. I flew forward and did a little loop-de-loop. “I can’t believe it! I thought she… er… I killed you guys!”

“Alex!” shouted Conjure.

“Alexandria!” yelled War.

“The original and best, baby!” I exclaimed with joy. “How did you survive?!”

“Remember Vitality?” asked War. “I finally put it to good use.”

“Fabulous!” I shouted, doing another loop. “You can help me! I don’t have much time before the souls destabilize. Sombra has your friends and your wives. He intends on making them fight each other, or he’ll go after your kids! Get up off the floor and help me!”

“That’s terrible!” said War. “I swear to God, if he touches Storm, I’ll rip him apart!”

“Well, come help me rip him apart!” I said, grabbing him by the arm. I heaved him up, and fell to the ground under his weight. “Get up, big guy!”

“Er… I can’t.” he said embarrassedly. “Neither of us will be able to move for over a week.”

“Why not?”

“Vitality has a side effect, remember? If I use it too much, I’ll scar my nerves and paralyze myself.”

“To say that he used it too much would be a sufficient statement.” said Conjure sarcastically.

“Hey, hey! I didn’t hear you complaining when I was un-slitting your throat!” he said angrily.

“Yo!” I shouted. “Stop arguing! Are you saying that neither of you can help me?”

“You don’t need our help.” said War. “You got this.”

“No, I do not!” I said angrily. “Typical of you, General! Just throw me into things! I should have finished you off before Lord Sombra left!”

“What?!”

“Huh?” I said, confusedly. I shook my head hard. “Sorry, I didn’t mean that. I’m having trouble keeping Alex suppressed. I’ll try to keep her in check. What were you saying? About me having this? I don’t understand.”

“Remember what I taught you?” asked War. I laid the bottle down, walked over to the nearest dummy and pulled it over, placing it in their sight. I swung the knife four times, slashing it in the chest and cleaving an arm clean off.

“And do you remember what I taught you?” asked Conjure. I snapped my fingers and sat down in the wooden chair that appeared beneath my butt.

“Where do these even come from?” I asked, crossing my arms.

“I like to think that there’s just some family out there, about to sit down for supper, who just keep falling on their asses because I steal their chairs!” laughed Conjure. “In all seriousness, do you know what to do?”

“Not really, no.” I said.

“Take a page out of Chrysalis’ book.” said War. “Normal attacks don’t touch Sombra, unless he’s not expecting it. The only way to attack him unnoticed would be to wait until he’s in mid-kill, or monologuing with somepony about his own greatness. So, what do you do?”

“I’ll give you a hint: You are an expert on ripping the goddamn thing in half!” said Conjure, feigning anger.

“The soul?” I asked. “What does the soul have to do with anything? Wait, wait a minute. What did Chrysalis do again? Soul binding handcuffs? Bind his soul! Leaves him vulnerable!”

“There you go!” said War. “What are you going to do now?”

“Read a book!” I said, running out. I ran upstairs to my book of magic. I hurried back down to Conjure and War, dropped down to the ground and ripped it open.

“Jesus Christ, Isaiah, is this Alexandria or Twilight Sparkle?” asked Conjure. “Isn’t that you’re guys’ solution to everything? Bury your nose in a book?”

“Can I teach em or what?” laughed Conjure.

“Here you go!” I said, stopping on the page. I used Alex’s knife to carve a circle into the ground. I sliced a triangle inside, and three circles inside of that. In each circle I carved the symbols Ρεβυιλδ, Ενηανξε, Ενφορξε. Rebuild, Enhance, Enforce. I stabbed myself in the left hand, allowing blood to leak onto the circle. Ripping out the blade, I placed the knife in the middle of the circle. I placed my hands on top of each other and concentrated. The circle began to glow black and the knife was engulfed in white flames. I removed my hands and gripped the wounded one tightly to stop the bleeding.

“Alex, you just stabbed yourself in the hand.” pointed out War.

“Really? I hadn’t noticed.” I said sarcastically. I used my magic to heal my hand, a simple task, then I levitated Conjure and War so that they were leaning against the wall. I figured they’d be more comfortable that way. “Exactly how long will you be like this?”

“Remember when you ripped a chunk out of my arm? Well, healing that left me unable to move my right arm for an hour. What I had to do today was replace a lung and repair several arteries, including the Jugular vein. Don’t expect us to be moving for… I’d say 12 days.” said War, thinking it over.

“What exactly are you doing, Alex?” asked Conjure. “Wait, should I call you Alex or Alexandria? Or both? Or neither?”

“Either or is fine.” I said. “What I’m doing is enchanting the knife.”

“Enchanting it with what?”

“A soul binding charm. I know that it’s a relatively simple spell that doesn’t require blood, but I figured that it should be as strong as possible.” I said. “It should be ready soon.”

“Okay, but explain to me how you two recombined. I know Alex didn’t agree, not with Sombra back in the picture.”

“Alexandria is really, really, oh did I say really yet? I mean, really good.” I said. “For all intents and purposes, she sewed them together! Isn’t it brilliant?”

“How does that work?” asked Conjure. “That’s what I tried to do the day you split, but all I did was end up separating you more.”

“Alexandria was able to stitch it from the inside out. She has great attention to detail, so she was able to replicate the unique balance of my soul. To a degree. I don’t have much time before I rip back into Alex and Alexandria.”

“Are you okay with that?” asked Conjure. He always knew how to confuse me. Was that what I wanted?

“No matter what, we’ll love and accept you, Alexandria.” said War. “Alexandria!”

“The Great!” finished Conjure.

“That’s just a nickname my dad gave me.” I said. “I’m not all that special.”

“You’re half dragon, half pony. I don’t know if you noticed, but that has never happened before. You’re unique. If anything, ‘The Great’ is an underwhelming title.”

“Do you really think I’m great?” I asked. “Can I really kill Sombra?”

“Listen, Alex.” said Conjure. “I know you can. The question is, will you? Twilight is going to tell you not to but Silver will tell you to do it. Or maybe it will be vice-versa. I can never tell with those two. Do what feels right in your heart. Whether you kill him or spare him will not say anything about you as a person. But no matter what happens, you have to win. Please. Save my kids.”

“Nah, I was gonna let an evil, crazy tyrant king murder your children, the princesses of Equestria,” I said, rolling my eyes. “That was my plan all along.”
POOF!

The fire that was engulfing my knife puffed into smoke, revealing my weapon. It was more or less the same, except now the blade was a shining white, and it was emitting a soft haze. I rushed over and grabbed it, careful as to not prick my finger. I sheathed it and strapped it to my hip.

“I’m going to need more than this.” I said. “What other weapons should I grab?”

“You can use my shotgun.” said War.

“I’ll grab it. My magic is starting to return.” said Conjure. His horn began to glow. “Here, take Kate and Anna.”

“Kate and Anna?” I asked confusedly. In answer, he levitated two long katanas and a shotgun into my hands.

“My swords. Get it? They’re katanas. Katana. Kate and Anna. Katana.” said Conjure. “Oh, forget it.”

“Thank you.” I said, grabbing them. I threw them over my shoulder and put the shotgun on my other hip. “I’ll put these to good use.”

“Take care of those. Those are our personal weapons. Lot of sentimental value in those things.”

“Will do. Now that everything is in order, I just need to find them.” I said. “How do I- the bottle!” I grabbed the bottle, the liquid inside now black.

“Wait!” said War. “Don’t leave yet!”

“What is it?” I asked.

“I’m hungry.”

“Really?” I said. “Are you serious?”

“Hey, I fed you when you were hungry.”

“Fine!” I said. I snapped my fingers, and dark green light popped next to my teachers. A plated grilled cheese sandwich appeared next to each of them.

“Thank you, Alex.” said Conjure, in a sing-songy voice.

“Yeah, yeah, is there anything else?” I asked impatiently. “I have to get busy if I want to bail you idiots out of this mess. You know, none of this would have happened if you just knelt before Lord Sombra all those years ago.”

“Alex? Focus.” said War.

“Sorry.” I said, shaking my head. I closed my eyes and cast an invisibility spell on myself. “Now you see me, now you don’t. See you guys later.”

“Good luck.” said Conjure. “I don’t think I have to stress how important this is.”

“I know. I swear, everypony will be fine.” I said, uncorking the bottle. I tipped it into my mouth, drinking the weird potion. It tasted of smoke and… sin. I don’t know how to describe it. All I can say is that it tasted of evil. Black smoke enveloped me, and when it dissipated, I was no longer in the armory. I was in a throne room, with Sombra sitting at it. Princess Twilight’s throne. Next to him, in shadow constraints, where my mother, my father, a pale yellow unicorn mare, a dark blue unicorn mare, and three black pegasi, two mares, one stallion. On the floor in front of them was Princess Twilight, Silver Rift, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and knocked to the ground, Pinkie Pie, her face bruised and bloody.

“Finish her off, Twilight.” said Sombra. “Finish her!”

“I… can’t! I won’t! Pinkie Pie is my friend!” said the princess, dropping to her knees. Her eyes were steadily pouring tears. “I can’t kill her!”

“Hm. Shame.” said Sombra, pulling the dark unicorn closer to him. “I was hoping the legacy of the Regal Sisters would live on in them, but apparently not.” He pulled a small knife from off of his hip and dragged it against her left side. She howled in pain, struggling to break free from her captor.

“Let her go!” shouted the princess. “Leave Luna alone!”

“In that case, I’ll work on Celestia.” he said, dragging the other unicorn over to him. “What do you have to say to your mom, Tia? She’s condemning you to death here.”

“What do I have to say?” asked Celestia. “Nothing, really. I’m just waiting for her to get to you, so I can watch her smash your face in!”

“Loud, this one is.” said Sombra, slicing Celestia down the stomach. He never cut too deep, just enough to cause her to scream in agony. “The old Celestia always knew when to keep her mouth shut. You know what else I liked about her? She knew when it was hopeless, when it was time to give up, when it was time to die!”

“NO!” shouted the princess. She grabbed Pinkie off of the ground and punched her in the face. “Is this what you want?! You want to make me a monster, like you, huh?!”

“Leave Twilight alone!” shouted Dad. “Don’t make her do this!”

“Spike, right?” asked Sombra, pulling him forward. He turned him to face Mom. “You should learn to keep your mouth shut.” He stabbed him in the midsection, wedging the knife in between his ribs. Dad groaned in pain and coughed, splattering Mom with blood.

“You see, Sombra, before you stab somepony’s dad, you should check to see if their kid is in attendance.” I said, removing the invisibility charm. My mane frizzed and my fangs elongated. For once, I didn’t try to stop it. “You see, I don’t appreciate ponies who hurt my friends and family.”

“Hmm. It seems we have an intruder.” said Sombra.

“Intruder? How’d she get in? In-tru-der window?” I said sarcastically.

“Who are you?” asked Sombra.

“Alexandria the Great. At your service.” I said, taking a bow. “And I know who you are, of course. Hello, Sombra. I’m going to have to ask you to let my friends and family go.”

“Where’s Alex?”

“Right here.” I said, pulling out my white knife. “Let’s chat, lord and master.”