• Published 20th Nov 2011
  • 2,095 Views, 64 Comments

My Shy Filly - samiechu



From the start, he knew in his heart that she was the filly of his dreams...

  • ...
1
 64
 2,095

The Guide

[MY SHY FILLY - THE GUIDE]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"How long have you been at this school?" Dew asked with a soft tone, walking down the hall with his new friend Fluttershy. She kept close but managed to still keep her distance with her slowly diminishing fear. As long as she spoke and kept him company, it didn't bother him that she was still a little hesitant in opening up to him. You haven't known her that long, give her a break. A little voice in his head told him, and he obeyed like a little puppy. He gazed ahead, rather than at her. Hopefully this would help her fear of communication, or whatever it was that was 'off' about Fluttershy.

"Uh... not long.." She muttered, pink mane covering the side of her face that Dew could vaguely make out. "...My parents made me come here.."

"Oh?" Inquisitive, he seemed to want to press the current conversation a little further. Pushy. The same voice muttered in his head. He hated his sub-conscious. Always so... right about everything.

"I hope you don't mind.. me talking about this.. Because I won't if you don't want to listen to it... If it's okay.." Trademark little 'if it's okay' sprawled from her mouth and Dew had to stifle a laugh. He had a feeling that this would come along in conversation a lot. In response, he simply shook his head.

"It's okay, I don't mind." The colt smiled.

"Well, uhm.. my parents left me here at school and I live with my cousin in Cloudsdale, near the.. uhm, shopping district. I didn't want to come here.. I'm not a strong flier," She paused and looked straight at Dew. "And I'm shy, if you haven't noticed."

As much as he wanted to burst out laughing, he refrained from the evidently rude gesture. He nodded, rather than embarrassing her and possibly causing her some hurt. "That's not great." He wasn't sure how to respond. Why was he so unfortunate to be brought up in a house where he had no idea how to talk to ponies his age? He sighed quietly.

"Yes.. Why are you here?" She asked, quite loud and fast too. With a face of slight shock, he answered quite bluntly.

"Well, I want to fly. That's all it is." He kept on walking, wondering why she would ask such a silly question. Then again, he was at a school that did cover a lot of other subjects OTHER than flying. Shrugging it off, he continued forward. "My parents taught me everything that I know. I just wanted to come here, make friends and learn to fly like all the other Pegasus ponies."

"Oh.. well that is good too then." She smiled and her voice lowered back to her original tiny tone. She peered around, desperately attempting to search for the next class. Slight fear creeped onto her quaint face, nearly taking over her. The yellow filly lowered herself to the ground and whimpered.

"I'm sorry, I have no idea where we are going.. Oh, I'm so stupid... I'm sorry..." She cowered and huddled herself into a tight little ball on the soft, fluffy cloud. She would have nearly started to sob if not for Dew's calming nuzzle to her face. Her body jolted as he touched her, but slowly eased back into her natural demeanour. Her beautiful teal eyes looked into the blue colts hazelnut's in return, and Fluttershy beamed with happiness. Her lanky body raised itself from the clouds, and she stood with a certain new grace to her, as if she had nothing to fear. Dew smirked lightly, moving a little ways from Fluttershy's evidently blushing face.

"T-thank you.. I needed that..." The yellow filly carefully composed herself without, again, bursting into tears. She was a sensitive filly, scared and apologetic about every single thing. Dew seemed to enjoy the strange composition this filly entailed, wondering what else he had to learn about her.

"It's fine, Fluttershy. And look, here is Miss Leaf's class. See? You aren't stupid. This place is just a bit confusing, even for a filly who has been here for a little longer than I." The blue colt was always full of manners and words, simply because of his parents. He seemed to know what to say in this situation considering the fact he always managed to have a fit, and his parents would respond with nothing but grace and respective wording. "Come on, we'll go inside."

The shy filly allowed Dew to go inside before she had. She had a considerate smile spread wide across her face. It was strange, but Dew had a feeling something was developing for this filly deep inside of him. Unexplainable, he decided to just play it safe and continue the way they had. It seemed best, for him and also for her.

That little smile she had was almost contagious; it lingered onto Dew's little colt face, right on through to the end of his first school day.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although the day seemed to linger on and on for the young colt, he was sad to see it end. He had spent the entire day with the magnificent pony he knew as Fluttershy, learning all these new things with her and about her. Inside, every time he thought of her, and saw her, something strange seemed to surface. Not only did he smile, but he felt a flutter in his stomach. He called it his little Fluttershy, where all these emotions began to work their magic and it caused him to feel nauseous, but in the best way possible. He was ecstatic at meeting such an amazing first friend, but also finding more of a companion in her. Thoughts ran through his head at a mile per minute whilst he walked to the reception desk with his new filly friend.

"I don't understand though. Why do they make the rainbows spicy?" Dew questioned the teal eyed filly.

"I think.. that the combination of flavours kind of.. makes them not work with each other.. if you get what I mean. Uhm.. I suppose what I'm saying is that.. uhm.. they just don't balance and it makes it taste weird." Fluttershy carefully explained. She seemed to have a little trouble. Then again, it wasn't the easiest topic to explain. Honestly; a rainbow, spicy? Dew had no way of comprehending it.

"That makes sense but if you imagined all the sweet flavours together, despite the fact they may be full of citrus, they wouldn't taste spicy... right?" He scratched his mane with his hoof, slowing his pace to ponder the thought. He shook his head and heard Fluttershy laugh. "What?" He smiled widely.

"You are kind of silly Dewy."

Dew immediately frowned at the use of his nickname that his parents gave him. Why, all of a sudden, did she use that? He didn't understand how she suddenly knew his nickname...

"O-oh.. I'm so sorry Dew.. I didn't mean to call you that... Oh I always mess things up... I'm so clumsy.." She lowered her head and whimpered. "I was just trying to be friendly.. It's okay though, it's my fault, not yours." She lifted her head back up, sadness still lingering in her eyes despite her quickly recovering mood.

"It's not your fault, Fluttershy. It's just... My parents always call me that, I thought that was their way of addressing me. I didn't realise that any other pony could use the same nickname rather than the ponies who made it up." She cocked a brow at him, obviously confused.

"I know you told me about being... home schooled and all... Pardon me if I'm being too assertive.. but, uhm, a lot of ponies can use the same nicknames for you. Not just your parents." She smiled, simply trying to inform the young colt of the ways that a lot of colts and fillies used nicknames. He returned the smile, a little less confused.

Dew gained his composure. "That makes a lot more sense to me now. I'm very sorry, you know I don't really.. know how to react to a lot of things." He lowered his ears, again slowing his pace. He came to a halt. "Usually I wouldn't be so open about these things but.. Shya?"

"Shya?" The yellow filly questioned. She had a smile. One of the sweetest Dew had ever seen.

"Y-yes. Can I call you that?"

She grinned widely. "Of course. It's very nice."

Dew giggled nervously. It was a very feminine sort of laugh. He cursed his lack of teenage growth. "Okay. Well.. I think you are very special. I hope we stay friends for a long time.. and I hope this isn't forward either.. But, Shya, I think you are absolutely beautiful." He looked her in the eyes, and they shined with an amazing glimmer. Her smile hadn't faded, as he thought that it may have.

"T-thank you Dewy... Thats the... nicest thing anyone has ever said to me." She blushed heavily. "It's.. weird but I don't feel as shy around you as I did." Her face made a sudden strange crook look. "And I've only known you a day."

They both laughed at the thought of the statement, and then nuzzled each others faces. "Best friends?" Dew said quietly, staring at Fluttershy.

"Of course, Dewy."

The tender moment between the two young ponies was interrupted by the clearing throat of an older stallion. Dew froze. He knew that sound. How did he come to know it so well? He turned to his left to see Maxwell staring at his son, and his new acquaintance Fluttershy. He seemed a little confused at the affection shown between the young colt and the yellow filly, but nonetheless, Maxwell managed to smile behind all the uncertainty. Fluttershy slightly cowered, but with a little help from Dew, she straightened her posture and smiled at the older stallion.

"H-hello Mr Drop. My names.. Fluttershy.." She said quietly.

"Hello Fluttershy, I am Maxwell. It is very nice to meet you. Are you Dew's new friend?" She nodded. "That is great. But I'm afraid I have to take him off your hands until tomorrow. We have to head off home." Again, she nodded. She smiled though, turning to Dew.

"I'll see you t-tomorrow Dewy.." She nuzzled the side of his face, flapping her wings and heading towards a similar looking mare over towards the front door. The mare was an orange-yellow colour, with a dark red, short mane. Her tail was braided into a short bun, and she had very beautiful teal eyes. Her cutie mark was a set of bandages, and she had a necklace with the doctors plus sign on it. Dew assumed she was a nurse of some kind, seeing that her entire physique seemed to relate back to the whole nursing/hospital idea. He smiled, watching the yellow filly greet the orange mare with a nuzzle to the cheek. The mare started asking her things about her day as they made their way out the door.

"So, son, Fluttershy, hmm? How did you meet?" Maxwell asked his son, feeling quite proud of his sons quick friendship with the lovely filly.

Dew began to explain exactly what had happened that day, from the moment he left to the moment that he came to pick him right back up. Every little detail was included whilst they made their way back to their cloudy home in the sky.

"That's great son. But I saw you nuzzling... What does that mean...?" Maxwell questioned, very concerned for the colt, considering the rapid increase in affection between the two.

"I don't really know, dad. But I do know something." Dew smiled widely. "She's the most amazing first friend I've ever met."