• Published 28th Nov 2015
  • 432 Views, 0 Comments

I Am Who I Am - Solarcis



Someone wakes up as a pony already living in Equestria, Apple Bloom. She doesn't recognize anything, and only has her human memories. She tries to find out why this happened while trying to act natural.

  • ...
 0
 432

Chapter 1: Awaken to Another's Life

I wake up in the morning, yawn, and stretch my limbs in my bed. I look around the room, and something's not right. This isn't my room. I've never seen this room before. Since when did I have a bed this big? Why is the window to my left instead of my right? What's this random heart-shaped wood thing on my wall?

Well I guess I should investigate this then. I start to get out of bed, but something doesn't feel right about me. I look at my hand, and I see nothing but a flat surface on the end of my arm. My arm is very round and doesn't seem to be human at all. Also my arm is covered in bright-yellow fur. I take off my blanket, if it's even mine at all, and look at my legs. They also stop at the ankle. I get out of bed, try to stand, and fall down. I investigate myself some more, and I come to a startling resolution. I'm no longer human. I now walk on 4 legs and have a long, bushy red tail. My hair also appears to the same. I also seem to be wearing a pink bow.

I try to remember what I did last night. I watched some TV, checked some internet sites, did a few other things and went to bed. Nothing special there. By now I am very confused about what's happening. I have no idea where I am. I have no idea what I am, except that I walk on all fours now.

A few minutes later, An orange creature not too unlike my new form opens the door and tells me to come down for breakfast. This creature has a bright tan tail and hair. It also wears a hat. It smiles at me, then leaves. It seemed to have a feminine voice, so maybe it's a female. So breakfast, huh? Well at least someone here seems to be taking care of me. I try to walk on all fours, but I fall after a few steps. This walking on all fours thing is harder than it looks. I get up again, and try to focus on walking as I leave what appears to be my new room. It's actually adequately furnished. I'm still confused about the whole situation, but if looks are to be trusted, I'd say that this orange creature actually cares about my condition.

After I leave the room and go to where I think the orange creature wants me to go, I come across a flight of stairs. Falling down while walking is easy enough, so I better be really careful going down here. I raise one of my front legs, and put it on the first step down. Success! I do it with the other front leg, but halfway to setting it down, my back legs lose their footing and I fall down the whole flight of stairs. After I reach the bottom, I surprisingly feel little pain, as if I were just a child falling down a simple flight of stairs.

"Are you all right?" the orange creature asks me after walking up to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

Wait a second. I don't have that accent, do I? I don't think I've ever talked like that. It's the same as this orange creature's accent. Well this doesn't help my situation at all.

"So how did ya sleep, Apple Bloom?"

I don't know if that's a name the orange creature gave me, if it's an insult, or something else.

"I think I slept fine."

The orange creature laughs and sits at a table with delicious looking pancakes. I go to the table and sit at an empty area next to a plate with pancakes. There's another creature that's red with orange hair and tail, and another creature that's green with white hair. This one creature appears to be older than the rest. The red creature has a brown thing around its neck, while the green one wears a piece of cloth around its neck. This looks like a family breakfast. What exactly is going on here, I continue to ask myself. After we're all sitting down, we start to have breakfast. Everyone seems to have a nice time talking to each other, but I'm just the one person sitting down listening to everything everyone else says.

"You're really quiet today, Apple Bloom.", the orange one says.

"Oh, uh. I just don't really have anything to say this morning."

They all look at each other, and then just continue eating.

After breakfast is over, the others all go their separate ways, while I just sit there. After a few minutes, the orange one comes back to the kitchen.

"You okay there, sugarcube? You're acting kinda different today."

"Wait what? I've been here before?"

The orange creature stares at me with a frown.

"Well, sure you have. You've lived here your whole life."

Wait what? This... It just... I don't even know. Wait a second. I'm something I have no idea of what I am. This very much seems to be a family. Maybe, just maybe, I'm somehow controlling someone else's life in some alternate universe or something. What should I do? If I tell her that I don't remember this, and I remember my human life before, she might think I'm crazy. Who knows what will happen then. But if I try to play along, maybe things will get better.

"Oh I remember. Sorry for being confusing."

She continues to stare at me with a frown.

"Anyway, you should go do your chores before the day ends." she says while turning around to leave the kitchen.

"Chores?"

"Yeah, you know. Clean your room, wash the pigs, that kind of stuff."

"Oh yeah. Chores. Heh heh."

She looks back for a few seconds, and goes away, shaking her head. Pigs? The only place that I know pigs live are at a farm. I walk around the house for a bit, and decide to go out the front door. Yup. This is totally a farm. Explains the accents we all have, I guess. What exactly do these creatures farm though? I look around, and see nothing but apple trees in the distance at any direction I turn. Must be apple farmers. I need to try to find out what happened to me, but I need to act natural at the same time. Well, I guess this is going to be the start of a long day.