• Published 25th Nov 2015
  • 3,896 Views, 159 Comments

Underworld Frisk - Darkonshadows



Pinkie fell to these monsters, now she has to dance with her heart to save them and herself.

  • ...
15
 159
 3,896

32 - Bare Bones Core

“So… are they your best guards?” Toriel was eating popcorn and watching the screen as Muffet and Pinkie dragged the two sleeping guards out of Knight Knight’s area towards a large number of laser walls that blocked their path.

They watched as Muffet managed to move the armored Fourlette by attaching four strands of web to her armor and pulling. It was surprising that she could move that much weight as she didn’t look very strong, but she did come off as incredibly agile.

Pinkie was moving Threep and had her front two hooves under the mantis monsters armpits, now the pony Toriel could actually believe as being strong. In both soul and body, Pinkie tried to keep a cheery mood no matter her situation and she was quite a sight to see when she had a shovel.

“No, but to be fair they are pretty good and protected her pretty well against the two Madjick’s. Plus I did kind of call them on their off days. Still doesn’t excuse them falling asleep just because your mate sung a lullaby.” Undyne watched as Toriel’s cheeks visibly colored at the word ‘mate’ while ducking her head slightly in embarassment; she didn’t pay it that much attention and continued on. “Still though, when I’m better I’m going to start kicking their butts into gear until my leg breaks again, and then I’ll keep kicking with my broken leg just to prove a point!”

“Aside from dating we haven’t done anything besides cuddling and kissing. I’m not even sure Pinkie can actually stick to a monogamous commitment, her heart goes where it wants to go and I’m just happy to gain a large piece of her attention.” Toriel was happy having met Pinkie, but she wouldn’t say they were close enough to go too far. “So I wouldn’t say we were mates.”

“Close enough to it though, let’s see what happens next. They are almost where all the electrical power for the Underworld comes from. Did you know the guy who made the core? You know, it was that royal scientist that no one can even remember the name of.” Intoned Undyne as she watched the screen attentively, she was rather contemplative as she tried to remember the logistics of the incident she only knew of in passing. “It’s kind of creepy how so few monsters can only barely recall the guy; we only know he exists because The Core exists since that guy built it.”

“Name… name… ugh… it was Wing-ding? I think I know this.” Toriel muttered thoughtfully, before she clutched at her head feeling a small pinch of something in her memories. She shook away the pain and went back to watching the screen. She continued to mumble on. “His name meant something akin to party? Wing-Ding Aster… hmm… Gaster was his nickname, Wind-Ding Aster Font? Is that it, is that all I can remember? Was he related to Sans and Papyrus?”

Toriel was faintly remembering the royal scientist now, she recalled he had been the best scientist in the monster kingdom and had even designed and assisted in building The Core. It was just that his appearance was so hard to remember… he fell into the core though, that much she could remember now. He was a monster of science and ignorance was his bane. She vaguely remembered getting into all kinds of interesting discussions with him, but why was it so hard to remember him? It was like there was a fog on the memories of that particular monster she thought she could remember fondly.

It wasn’t long before the Pinkie and Muffet stopped a few feet away from the multiple laser walls in their path; they laid up the two sleeping guards and looked to each other before a phone rang out on the screen. Toriel and Undyne looked to Alphys who was furiously typing away at a computer and her eyes were swiftly sliding from side to side at the screen as she shouldered her phone up to her head.

-

“Okay, Mettaton has really gotten good at taking control of the security systems, I don’t know if I can keep all the lasers off for long so you’re going to have to hurry through them once I can bring them down.” As Alphys spoke to them, there was a loud clattering noise coming from Pinkie’s phone. It was the sound of a lizard monster going at a keyboard with gusto. “Stop if they start to turn on, now give me a few more seconds.”

“Well that’s good and all Alphys, but we haven’t exactly decided what we were going to do yet with Fourlette and Threep. We were going to try and wake them up.” Pinkie looked over to see a Madeline Muffet trying to triple slap the two awake.

“Nope they’re out cold and not waking up anytime soon by the looks of it, they have to be really tired to not wake up when someone with six arms starts slapping them as hard as I just did.” Muffet let out a huff as she placed her three left hands on her hip and held her three right arms out to Pinkie gesturing to the multiple laser walls in their path. “Should we just keep going Mistress Pie?”

“Well okay then, we’ll get ready for when the laser walls go down. Can you hold my phone for me Muffet? I can’t run while holding on to it very well and you’ve got hands to spare.” Pinkie handed off her phone to Muffet’s middle left arm and she took it with a nod and one of her patented creepy smiles. “So why do you think they have so many laser walls here?”

“I guess you’re finally ready to let me lend you a hand my dear. The Core powers all the electronic devices in the Underworld, if it were to go down… well shutting down wouldn’t be too horrible. It powers a lot of things up in New Home and some other parts of the Underworld, including solar lamps to help with growing food down here and those lamps also gives us an idea of what the sun is like.” They moved over to the start of the laser wall defenses in their way as Muffet explained the reason for this much security. It was so that nobody could get into and possibly bother the core. If something were to happen to the core then the resulting destruction would be catastrophic, enough so that almost every monster in the Underworld would die. Chances were that The Jerry would live through it and Muffet even said as much while shuddering at even mentioning the ridiculously indestructible monster in question. “So yeah, if it was to overload or someone were to tamper with it in the wrong way, then I doubt no one would survive the resulting explosion. The Jerry likely would though, that thing survived being thrown directly into the core and that would kill just about any monster no matter how powerful they are.”

“I’ve just about got it, I’m going to count down and when the lasers shut down, you have to start running.” This reminded the two travelers that they still had Alphys on the phone. “Okay now three, two, one and go!”

The lasers ceased spewing walls of energy and both Muffet and Pinkie sprinted forward as fast as they could. The entire area went dark, but the pathway forward was still clearly visible. Madeline was managing to keep up with the pony rather easily as they ran forward, she was pumping all six arms as she went too.

“Stop, right now!” Hearing Alphy’s urgent tone, both Muffet and Pinkie came to a screeching halt as the power flickered throughout the hallway. The laser walls activated making it impossible for the equine or the spider monster to move a single inch. They both started sweating. “Don’t worry I got this, I’m trying to stop Mettaton from controlling the security in that area. Give me a second and don’t move.”

“Like we’re going anywhere for the moment… your name is Alphys right? So how did Pinkie rope you into helping us like this?” Muffet didn’t know Alphys very well aside from the fact that she was the royal scientist, she figured that the friendship thing Pinkie had going for her was highly contagious. She didn’t know how true that sentiment was.

“She beat my recently acquired girlfriend in combat and then for some crazy reason said girlfriend wants me to help her out because of it. I’m actually kind of okay with that, helping that is, not the Pinkie beating up my girlfriend thing.” The clacking of the keyboard continued as Alphys sounded like she was furiously working away at something. “Ugh so much coding, he’s practically just trying to force it into existence with his mind and that’s why I’m still able to circumvent all this.”

“Huh… who’s your girlfriend?” Muffet was making small talk since Pinkie couldn’t move or talk with her face stuck in a blue laser wall. The pony couldn’t move her mouth or even nod her head, which Muffet figured was a problem for her. The mare was a very active charismatic creature and the humanoid spider monster had long since noted that standing or sitting still wasn’t exactly her forte.

“She’s Undyne, captain of the royal guards… well she might not be captain much longer unless Queen Toriel is hiring. I’d rather work for her than Asgore at this point, because he’s made a lot of horrible decisions.” Alphys followed along in the small talk as she continued trying to support Undyne’s friends. “Almost got it, be prepared to move again.”

“Wow you beat the captain of the royal guard in combat darling? That’s rather impressive… to think I only got the short version of how you ended up at the spider hive.” Muffet moved her middle left arm still holding the phone away from her head and looked positively intrigued with Pinkie now.

Madeline Muffet was already interested in the pony in a not so subtle manner beforehand; it was just that she was going to redouble her efforts to make the mare like her even more now. Now it was not just because she was indebted to Pinkie for helping all of her kin get back together again, she actually did like Pinkie and was trying to encourage a friendship between them to make up for her actions. Plus she wanted Pinkie to continue acknowledging her in a friendly manner.

“Okay got it, three, two, one and go!” Alphys announced once more in a calm manner.

The two ran forward as the area flickered into darkness after the barriers went back to being offline, they managed to get a good thirty feet before the area started flickering and the power came back on.

“Okay, Mettaton’s really making this hard for me… sorry guys, give me a few more seconds and I’ll have it back off again.” It was only now that Alphys sounded frustrated.

“Don’t apologize Alphys, we’re doing okay so far. Just so long as neither of us move while we’re inside a blue barrier, we’ll be completely fine.” Now it was Pinkie’s turn to talk as most of Muffet’s body was sitting the middle of a blue barrier and she was staying very still. She had her five eyes closed and she wasn’t going to move a single muscle. “You know this situation kind of reminds me of this game I played when I was little. It’s called red hooves, green hooves and you’re supposed to move while you have green hooves and you’re supposed to stay still while you have red hooves. Having Green Hooves is seen as a positive thing since Earth Ponies like growing plants, I know I like sugar cane… really shouldn’t eat too much of that though as it’s not exactly healthy in large quantities and should be consumed sparingly. Having red hooves is a negative connotation, if you moved it’s like you were caught stealing cookies from the cookie jar… well what cookies we could get on the rock farm anyway. The not nice version is getting them bloody because you’re a bit violent and should stop to think about where you’re going in life. So red means stop and green means go! I like to study up on the history of the party games I tend to use… I’m not a violent pony am I?”

“You’re not overly violent Pinkie; you’re as sweet as any pie I could make.” Toriel giggled slightly, the pony did have an insatiable sweet tooth for baked goods. “Sometimes you’re even sweeter than that. I think Alphys has just about got it again.”

“Well that’s nice to know, anyway get ready to move. Three, two, one and go!” Hearing Alphys countdown again, the two prepared to start moving. The lady scientist saw that they were already near the end of the hall of barriers, so it wouldn’t be much longer than one more stop before they made it.

The barriers and lights went down again and Pinkie took off at a full gallop wanting to get clear of the multiple barriers as soon as she possibly could. She did not like sitting still for long periods of time like this and it was starting to make her shaken crazy. Yes shaken crazy, because she preferred strawberry milkshakes with sprinkles and milkshakes weren’t as good stirred… who’s ever heard of a milk-stirs anyway?

“Hey, don’t tell people my milkshake preferences! That’s rather private I’ll have you know!” Pinkie shouted at the ceiling as she lunged for the end of the barriers and managed to pass by them before the laser barriers flickered back on. She looked back and saw that Muffet had also dived for the end of the laser walls and had narrowly made it as well, she held up her middle left arm and Pinkie took the phone back.

“Thanks for the help Alphys. If there’s anything else you can do for us, it would be greatly appreciated.” Keeping the phone out, Pinkie turned to Muffet and waited for her to get up and catch her breath. “We’ll keep you on the phone so Gyftrot can tell us about the monsters we’ll run into… we’ll need the useful information the monster compendium to befriend them!”

“Well, that was easier than I thought it would be.” Muffet was gasping slightly trying to fill her lungs with air at having managed to get past the last energy barrier before the walls went up again. “After that I think all we’ll have to worry about is the monsters in the interior area. Still though, that was a lot of blue soul attack energy.”

“Yeah, I’ve been meaning to ask. Do soul attacks come in every color of the rainbow?” That was actually a good question and the air is as curious as Pinkie Pie to hear the answer.

“Well almost, but what are the types that you know of? I can give you a quick rundown of the ones you don’t know about.” Muffet smiled brightly and slightly shifted her hips like her cousin Mimi usually did when she stood too still for a while, she really hasn’t heard from her cousin in a long time and thought of her in that moment.

“You have a cousin named Mimi? No wait, don’t answer that! I’m sure she’s just as creepy as you are.” It didn’t upset the spider monster to hear that Pinkie thought she was creepy; she actually prided herself on being creepy and possibly masochistic. “Anyway I know white is the most common color in soul attacks, green soul attack heals like what the Vegetoids I met could do…”

“They are the best farmers in the Underworld darling; they are really good at using nothing but green soul attacks if you can get them to focus on just using that type of… would you say it’s an attack if it never hurts anyone? It is a rather aggressive form of healing at the very least. Spiders like me strive to be of service and well educated. You know, instead of like the rest of the lazy bones that are the monsters of the Underworld.” Madeline made this comment dryly before she nodded to Pinkie to continue with what she knew. “Sorry, please continue Miss Pie.”

“There’s also…” Pinkie didn’t get to say much as a familiar friend popped up in that very moment, quite literally out of a vortex of energy that formed before he appeared.

“Nyeh heh heh, did somebody say lazy bones! I the Sensational Papyrus will not shirk my duties to royally guard my friend as I am not like my brother! I want to be a hero and that is what I will do amazingly, for I will not give up on my dreams to be successful at it or anything else!” The sudden appearance of Skele-Port Master Papyrus spooked the girls causing them to jump away from him in fright as he popped up out of the solid steel flooring. He was holding a plate of spaghetti and Pinkie was unsure as to whether or not it was loaded like her party cannon always happened to be.

“Pappy… what are you doing here? Also you never know with Papyrus, he blew up the deck of that ship with his perfect plate of spaghetti by accident, so whether that plate is safe or not is a questionable thing when I don’t have my Pinkie Sense as an early warning as to how dangerous it could be.” Both the monsters ignored Pinkie’s insane if riveting commentary to the air. “But I’m not a construction worker so how is my commentary riveting?”

“I am here looking for my brother, for he has gone missing! Probably lazing away in one of his secret sleeping locations or hopefully just planning another space and time related prank! The last I heard of him was that he sold five hundred hot dogs to a Pyrope, Exclamation Point! He usually drops by the hotel before he visits The Core, but he wasn’t there and I was there brilliantly disguised as myself so he wouldn’t run off to be lazy elsewhere!” After throwing up his index right finger and having his cape waggle with a proud expression on his face, The Gallant and Silly Papyrus quickly turned moody. He put down his plate of spaghetti and started poking his two gloved fingers together sadly. “I’ve been all over the Underworld and… well I want you to let me follow you around for a bit, I don’t like being alone for too long. I, Papyrus, am finding myself to be in great need of a hug from a friend right now!”

Pinkie immediately latched herself bodily onto Papyrus, perfectly mimicking something that is known to hug faces and lay eggs inside the body of said face which would inevitably end poorly. Thankfully this was only mimicry and Pinkie could not in fact infest the whole world with clones of herself… oh wait, the mirror pool thing. Yeah, Ponyville is definitely screwed in all the ways imaginable.

“Again I am not a construction worker… so why would I be screwing around in Ponyville?” Pinkie was still hugging Papyrus with all she was worth, even as she directed her eyes at the ceiling. “Then again the buildings back home are always made of shoddy construction materials. Seriously, the town can’t go a day without at least one house collapsing.”

The skeleton welcomed the pink fuzzy cuddle creature with open arms and Madeline Muffet just stood off to the side rolling her five eyes in sync at the odd conversation Pinkie had going on with the air, she quickly joined in on the hug. The spider monster would not miss an opportunity to hug Pinkie when she has already started one.

“I thank you my dear friend, for you are quite the amazing being of positivity Pinkie and I believe in you to do your best at whatever you wish to accomplish!” The Mildy Cheery Papyrus was slightly happier as he put down Pinkie to pick up his spaghetti plate and started eating; his mood only became slightly somber a second later.

“Well come on then Pappy, this is my friend Madeline Muffet. I’m sure she’ll be your friend to, I think she really likes being called Muffy.” Pinkie just gave Muffet a big smile and the spider girl looked a bit shy in that instant.

“Well of course Mistress Pie, any friend of yours is likely to become a friend of mine. I would like to get to know them first however, anyway let’s get back to the subject we were discussing.” Madeline clamped all six of her hands together and bowed to Papyrus in a stuffy fashion, taking precaution to not damage the phone she was still holding. “We can even do it on the move, because I’m certainly tired of standing around here waiting for you to get attacked again mistress.”

“Okay… where was I before Pappy showed up?” Pinkie looked up thoughtfully at the air as she was about to finish talking about the colors that soul attack came in. “Oh right, thanks Airy! Anyway the other two soul attack colors I know are blue and orange, to avoid getting hurt you have to stand still for blue and be moving through orange. What I don’t understand is why blue soul attacks don’t turn my soul blue like what Papyrus here did to me once, then there’s your soul attack that turned my soul purple… I’m a bit surprised I didn’t turn purple myself.”

“That is because there are special soul attacks that don’t deal any damage to the soul, but will have interesting effects that give a monster an edge in battle. Mine in particular turned your soul purple and stuck it to sliding along the spider hives webs. Wait, you physically turned her blue? As in like a Blueberry Pie?” Muffet quirked three of her eyes at the skeleton with an amused smile as they walked forward, they came up to a three way splitting path. “It looks like we’re really in the core now, smells like ozone. It’s not exactly a pleasant smell mind you.”

“Why yes, we are indeed in the core now and yes, I Papyrus did turn my previously not a friend entirely blue with my special attack of specialness!” The Slightly Worried Papyrus looked warily over the left side of the path and continued to fork some spaghetti into his mouth as he walked along with them. Pinkie moved over next to him to look over the edge as well. “They really should put in a lot of guard rails; this place is a real safety hazard, nyeh heh heh! Especially after what happened to… anyway, I know my way around here. Follow me to the nearby puzzle I know, since I know Pinkie loves those! Please watch your step; I don’t want to lose the most amazing friends to have ever graced the presence that is The Beloved Papyrus!”

Papyrus became rather silent and didn’t look like he was going to continue much further, he looked to be in though. He led Pinkie and Muffet to the left path where they saw a conveyor belt Carrying huge blocks of ice into the glowing mass below.

“Well I guess this is where all those giant ice cubes eventually end up. What is all that glowing stuff?” The yellowish white substance below them was glowing brightly; Pinkie stayed away from the edge of the path as she didn’t want to know what would happen if she fell in and she watched as a large ice cube evaporated upon barely touching the substance. She shivered at the sight.

“Actually this kind of ties back into the discussion of soul attacks.” Muffet also looked at all the glowing light of the energy below and praised the fact that she wasn’t a moth right now. “All that you see below is raw energy that is powering a lot of thing in the Underworld. You probably know by now that soul attacks are somewhat derived from magic right? Well all that you see below you is basically yellow soul attack energy, it super charges you if given in very tiny doses. Otherwise too much and you get shredded violently by all the energy, that stuff down there is powerful enough to dissolve even heat resistant monster instantly if they were to try. All that stuff is being generated by the core; unfortunately it wasn’t useful in breaking the barrier holding us all down here and as such we use it for powering electronics and a few other things. I’m a tad afraid of being here to be honest with you, falling into the core really wouldn’t be a pleasant way to go.”

“I would know that all too well… anyway, to the left is a puzzle room of unsolvable power! I’m assured our mutual friend Pinkie here will be able to solve it quite easily though!” The Off Kilter Papyrus was acting very odd, but he did lead the two girls into a puzzle room with a two shot box moving puzzle in the vein of several puzzles Pinkie has done before.

“Is everything alright Pappy?” Pinkie was worried about the skeleton that didn’t seem very happy at the moment, he was usually livelier than this and it showed. She moved up to the controls and started to shift around the boxes to figure out the puzzle.

“Not really… this is the place where… where everybody forgot about dad. Even I in my mightiest of memorizations hardly remember him, but I’m thankful that I still can.” The skeleton had a bit of sorrow going for him; usually he was The Plucky Papyrus. “It was an accident that can hardly be remembered, what is remembered is that dad fell into the core. After that things became a bit distorted surrounding the incident and a lot of monsters forgot who my father was or even what he did for all of us. It’s like all the memories that connected to him became entirely corrupted; only those of us that were closest to him can even remember what he looked like. Dad wasn’t exactly the most handsome guy around; in fact he was quite disfigured from all the experiments he performed on himself. What he lacked in looks, he made up for in having a big heart. He would never perform any harmful experiments on another being and the last thing I remember hearing of him was that he was looking into the darkness within the hearts of monsters and other beings. Being here is rather upsetting to me; I thank you for being here for me in my time of need dear friends! Oh my… Mettaton's show is about to come on, I’m quite sure you can find your way from here on. Maybe his show will be of some comfort to me... oh right! I have to throw myself out a window; I’m friends with a celebrity in you Pinkie for I have watched you and Mettaton play nicely together! Please be safe and don’t go away like daddy did, I just hope my brother hasn’t gone away too. If you see Sans, please tell him I want to talk about some things. Quarter Circle Back Kick!”

Papyrus disappeared in a flash with his empty plate in hand and Pinkie had finally managed to finagle the boxes into a solvable solution where she could fire twice and the puzzle was solved. She turned to Muffet with a frown and the spider girl looked as equally down about hearing The Mourning Papyrus being sad and she hadn’t known the guy for more than a few minutes.

“Kind of makes me feel worse given that I’ve been replacing his father as the Royal Scientist, at least I’ve implemented some better safety standards since then.” Alphys was rather quiet as she said this. “I think and would like to believe Gaster was a really good man too, but whatever the core did to him really destroyed any memory of what he was or did after he fell in. It would be kind of scary to be almost entirely forgotten like that. The core doesn’t look like my map suggests… so there’s quite a bit of warped reality in there from all the energy.”

“Right then, let’s keep moving forward. We have to find our way out of the core and to where Mettaton is!” Muffet quickly pulled out a map of the area with her lower left arm and then noted something. “Okay, so we should go… that way. Thankfully this map is the magical self updating kind, this won’t take long.”

Muffet turned left and Pinkie followed behind the spider monster, as she led them through an area and they took a right turn past a room with a garbage can. They continued forward past an empty room and then a room with another garbage can where they turned right once more. Then they took a left and came to a bridge and were immediately halted in their progress by two monsters at the start of the bridge.

Pinkie’s soul popped out of her body, only this time she really didn’t seem to care as she stared at one of the two monsters and a slow smile started building up on her face. It was easy to guess that Pinkie had an affinity for amphibians and reptiles, she was able to overlook the menacing look of the Froggit in front of her as she ran up to hug him.

“Oh my goodness, you’re an adorable spiny looking froggit, yes you are!” Pinkie picked up the odd looking Froggit and brought it into a tight hug slowly choking the life out of it with affection. Said frog monster desperately clawed at the air with his webbed feet asking his mercenary compatriot for help as it just hovered there staring at Pinkie snuggling him.

“You attack Pinkie and I’ll declare you my next fly. Don’t think I won’t web you up and make you into a snack.” Licking her fangs, Muffet had easily intimidated the small floating armored monster into doing nothing by holding up a cat’s cradle made out of webbing held between her two upper arms. They both watched as the odd froggit the pony was snuggling slowly stop putting up a fight, the monster slowly accepted his situation as he croaked in a rather pathetic manner.

“That is a Final Froggit and Sir Whimsalot. You know what… I think you have this perfectly under control.” Gyftrot sounded rather bored as his voice came from the phone.

“So anyway while we have time, I’ll get on to the rest of the types of soul attack. Most monsters can’t project lethal amounts of yellow so they stopped bothering with that kind of attack since they just kept powering up their opponents. The other soul attacks that are generally known are brown, black and purple. Purple soul attacks just slow you down; they don’t do any damage but leave you open for getting hit from other attacks. Brown is… yeah, it’s a thing, really disgusting and you’re glad that monsters have ceased using that particular brand of attack. Only some skeletons still use the effects of that type of attack, it causes infections and poisons you.” As Muffet went on about soul attacks she dropped the webbing she was holding and brought Sir Whimsalot into one armed hug, he didn’t resist and actually snuggled into it after a few seconds. “As for black attacks, only the king or queen of monsters can really do something like that. It’s a powerful attack that requires a bit of build up to use, its drawback is that it weakens the user for a while after a successfully launching the attack and the build up for the attack can also be cancelled. You really don’t want to be hit by one of those attacks. As for the other colors of soul based attacks, they possibly exist though I don’t know anything about them.”

“Well, that was highly informative, thanks Muffy!” Pinkie cuddled the Final Froggit to her chest and nuzzled the top of its head making it blush. Her soul still sat there in the air when a swarm of doughnut shaped bullets suddenly came at it from out of nowhere. It forced Pinkie to drop the Final Froggit and rhythmically tap dance her big floating pink heart out of the way.

This monster looked like a giant floating eyeball, closing its eye made it looked like something different entirely. It seemed to be a cousin of the monster Loox based on its appearance.

“Astigmatism, pick on it or don’t depending on what it has to say at the time. Meaning ask which it wants of you, it seems like the mercenaries aren’t as dangerous as we thought they’d be.” After a bit of a pause Gyftrot spoke up once more. “Well Knight Knight was dangerous, but she didn’t take long to bypass.”

“Right, hi there I’m Pinkie Pie! Want to be friends? Tell me what you need.” Pinkie waited for a moment and the Astigmatism actually spoken up.

“Pick on me!” The Astigmatism shouted and promptly got a hard right hoof to the eye. “Thank you! So want to be friends?”

“Okay, are we close to the end of this area?” Pinkie turned to a perplexed Muffet and Sir Whimsalot just tilted his head at Pinkie. “This chapter is almost over and I need to quickly ask if you guys want to be friends too!”

“Verily, that gilded machine Mettaton waits for you on yonder side of the bridge. I feel no need to combat thee and your highly creepy companion.” Sir Whimsalot answered with a slight upbeat measure in his rather surprisingly deep voice for such a small guy; he stashed his tiny twin headed spear on his back and pointed towards the other end of the bridge. He brought everyone’s attention back to himself. “My companions and I cede to you pink one, I personally welcome your offer of friendship.”

-

Toriel just sighed and slapped her left hand into her face, how does punching a monster in the eye and forcefully hugging the others immediately equate to friendship? She looked to Undyne who seemed to smile appreciatively at the violence. Gyftrot was idly looking through the Monster Compendium and Alphys was looking nervous about the upcoming confrontation with Mettaton as Muffet and Pinkie crossed over the bridge towards the interior elevators in The Core.

Author's Note:

Reminder to those who haven't read previous author note. Family member went through surgery, has to spend at least two weeks as of now with a stent in their body, a foot of intestine was removed for something else entirely different from what the surgery was initially for and with good reason as that bit of intestine could have turned cancerous given time. Thankfully it was caught before that happened.

Currently said family member is still recovering and doing well, if easily exhaustible and unable to stand up for to long.

Other than that I'm really good at Starfox Zero, then again I've been good at every single Star Fox game ever. The exception being adventures, but I still beat that game. Command was probably the hardest Starfox overall.

My writing has slowed down to a crawl and is of poor quality, but poor quality is nothing new to me. It is what it is.

The Core is a really small area, consisting of the opening area leading to the laser walls, which leads into the interior which doesn't have much going on aside from three monsters appearing there. Bare bones is a apt word for it as there's not much going on in the core itself.