• Published 22nd Nov 2015
  • 1,252 Views, 24 Comments

Another Undertale story - Deidara21



Pony in a cave full of crazy monsters

  • ...
8
 24
 1,252

Chapter 7: Cascade

Chapter 7: Cascade

*BUZZZZZ

"Hello?"

"HI PONY!" A smile grew when she realized who it was.

"Short story long, I slipped my number into your cell phone while you were knocked out, so now we can talk all day...well not all day, I have to go somewhere, but when I come back we can talk for a good-amount-of-time day!"

"I'll be waiting!"

Twilight walked by Sans' second sentry station where he was back to dozing off. "Still no sign of Monster kid..." She said in a tone slightly louder than a mutter.

Her walk ended at the edge of the boardwalk, a step further and he would end up in the collected pool of purple-tinted water. 'I guess I should go ahead but,' Discolored rocks dropped into the water one by one, sounding off a chorus of splashes. 'That doesn't look very...'

"Yo! What's up?!"

Twilight turned around. "Hey, Monster kid, you're finally-" With Monster Kid tripping on their feet and ramming in Twilight's stomach, she wasn't able to finish her greeting but instead plummet into the surrounding water.

Monster kid's sheepish smile loomed over Twilight once they got back on their feet. "Hehe, sorry about that, but look on the bright side, at least the water isn't deep?"

"Yep." Twilight deadpanned, she was able to maneuver out of the water quickly before any rocks could flatten her. She helplessly laid on the boardwalk. 'Now I'm dripping wet, all because of,'

Twilight playfully shot daggers and Monster kid cracked another sheepish smile. "H-hey, that's water under the bridge now...!"

She responded with a vicious smirk. "That won't be the only thing underwater!"

Monster kid slid under Twilight's legs and shot clear across the water. Twilight sighed, all he could see left of Monster kid was a yellow blur. 'That kid sure can run...but...I can run teleport!'

Twilight teleported dead straight I front of Monster kid, but instead of stopping, they kept on running and accidentally bumped into Twilight making them both tumble down a lopsided hill, their rolling eventually stopped in a patch of steep grass.

"...ugh..."

"..."

"Did you...say something?" Twilight asked.

Monster kid rolled onto their back. "No."

Using the nearby wall as leverage, Twilight poked her head out of the grass just high enough to investigate. '...! Papyrus?'

"H-hi Un-undyne!" Papyrus squeaked.

'What...?' Twilight could've sworn he heard a clank of metal, but the shadows were so heavy he couldn't make out anyone beside Papyrus.

"I'm...I'm here with my daily report! Regarding that pony I called you about earlier...you know, with the whole sack thing..."

Twilight heard a voice clearly distinct from both Papyrus' and Monster kid's. She nudged Monster kid. "Is that... Undyne?" She whispered, tried to whisper at least, her racing heart didn't help the fact.

"YEAH THAT'S-" Twilight slapped her hood over Monster kid's mouth. "Don't be so loud!" She hissed.

"...Huh? Did I fight them...? O-of course I did! I fought them valiantly!"

'Doesn't Monster kid know I'm a pony?!' Twilight picked up on Papyrus' fast breathing and shuddered.

"I fought to the best of my abilities, I tried, Undyne, I tried very hard, but I could not capture true
her and," He said something muffled Twilight couldn't catch.

"Y-you'll just capture the pony's soul yourself?! But, you don't have to kill this pony, she's different...she's my...friend!"

"..."

"I can't feel pity, you shouldn't of made friends with our target."

"I...I know."

Papyrus backed away, the familiar sound of his boots scraping against the land subtlety got vaguer each shaky breath. Twilight's hold on Monster kid's mouth fell and she let a pent-up sigh escape. 'She called me a target...looks like she's serious about capturing me.' Twilight took a step forward, skin crawling when the clank of metal followed next.

"Now of all times you get nervous to see Undyne?! Sure, I'm a little scared too, man, but just think, a couple of steps in and we'll finally meet her! I mean, did you see that stare she gave you, it was so AWESOME!" Twilight wouldn't budge. "That's it, I'll go on ahead without you, maybe she'll give me the same stare!"

Monster kid hopped out of grass, their radar vision, as sharp as it was, couldn't pick up any signs of Undyne. "Aw, she left, but that's fine, we'll catch her next time! We'll have plenty of chances to catch her, she lives here after all."

"That's great!" Twilight said disdainfully.

Monster kid scurried ahead in search off Undyne while Twilight loomed over the thought of being on the wanted list of such a scary monster.

OoO

"So you won't try to solve the puzzle?" Twilight asked.

"Nope, it's not like I'll finish it."

Twilight slunk a hoof inside the narrow water stream that prevented them from going any further. Her hoof jetted, the water too cold for even her standards. "You're pretty dense, this one's not even that hard."

"That so? Then you can..." Monster kid felt hot breath clawing his neck, she saw the Monster kid's drawn out expression and went stiff. "...Wh-whose behind me?"

"I'm not sure..."

"Hey ya crazy kids, what's shaking?;)" It sounded like a somewhat normal voice for Twilight so she finally had the nerve to turn around, regretting it immediately after.

Aaron was a monster of way too many abs, he practically had abs on his abs, and he wasn't shy in flexing each and every one of them. "You can check out my abs ALL you want!;)"

Monster kid and Twilight's heads never swung away so fast before in their lives. "You must be a sea horse, right?" Twilight said, staring intently at the ground.

"No-no, my equine cousin." He brushed toned fingers through his burnt chestnut hair. "I am what you call a mer-horse."

Twilight shook her head. "Well, we really must get going now."

"Did I hear you two say you wanted to have a flexing contest with me?;)"

"What."

"I heard a yes!;)"

Aaron's serpent like tail lifted from the floor, he hovered over Twilight and Monster kid and began flexing. Monster kid looked at Twilight. "He won't leave unless you flex with him, do it already."

"Ugh fine." Twilight created an image of a giant purple arm slightly flexing.

Aaron's flex was so hard his turn, he flexed himself out of the space-time continuum and into the fifth dimension.

"Ummmm. Ok?"
Their next destination was the narrow water crossways where some water lilies were out off to the side. Easily, she solved the puzzle and watched the water lilies grown tenfold, enough to even walk on.

Twilight's hoof pressed on the petal. "Looks like we're done here."

'She solved the puzzle so fast! Amazing!' Monster kid ran after him, of course, not without falling a couple times.

Monster kid and Twilight crossed a more realistic bridge and ended up staring at yet another flower puzzle. A long, serpent-like water crossway winded from the bridge all the way to the lavender cave walls serving as the base of the puzzle.

She cleared the puzzle in record time speed and the two continued on.

OoO

"What is this place?" Twilight asked, walking into the next room. She gazed at the lights adorned in the cavern ceiling that smothered his skin with a soft blue color. "Stars...but...we're underground."

"They're not stars."

"Then, what are-"

"-Oh wow, look at this!"

Monster kid showed Twilight a glowing flower doused with cyan standing in the corner. "I've heard about these, they're echo flowers."

'Sans told me about echo flowers back at Grillby's,' Twilight leaned in, hoping to catch any traces of sound.

"...I hear something!"

A long time ago, monsters would whisper their wishes to the stars in the sky. If you hoped with all your heart, your wish would come true. Now, all we have are these sparkling stones on the ceiling...

Another echo flower laid close by and she listened closely.

Thousands of people wishing together can't be wrong! The king will prove that.

Then another.

C'mon sis! Make a wish!

Twilight stopped at the last one leaning on the cavern walls.

I wish my sister and I will see the real stars one day...

'I...I hope so too.'

"Yo, I found this cool monster hanging out, he wants to clean you for some reason."

"He wants to wha-" A bar of soap pelted Twilight in the stomach. "-uh, who threw that?"

"It was me, Woshua!" Woshua. The first (and last?) monster Twilight encountered who was a literal, walking, talking, soap-hurling bathtub. His putrid green face, if you could call it that, held no expression other than misery. "I'll wosh u SOUL!"

Woshua's wasted no time in shooting bullets of bleach-white water at Twilight. All of which Twilight reflected with a reflection spell.

"What do you want this time? A hug or something?"

"Ew no! I'll be so filthy after that! I want to be washed!"

Twilight levitated a bar of fallen soap. "Then it's your lucky day."

Woshua excitedly jumped in the air, unknowingly spilling some of his contents. "Would you really?!"

"Yep." Naruto went over to Woshua and started cleaning through his already clean body. Bathtub body.

"Ooooooh, I'm feeling fresh!"

Woshua felt much better with all the non-existing grime gone. "Don't go too far, I'm coming back so u can clean my filthy friend." Using his turtle like legs, he waddled away in search of his not-so-clean companion.

Twilight shook her head. "Come on, let's go before he comes back."

They walked behind the nearest corridor to find an out-of-place dead end. "What? Shouldn't there be a door here somewhere?"

"It could be hidden." Monster kid suggested.

The wall fell apart from Twilight's light tap. "See, what did I tell you." Monster kid and Twilight stepped over the debris, entering a cavern swallowed by darkness.

Their steps began echoing louder off the close walls the farther they wandered inside the cave's mouth. Cattails growing from the abyss made slight cuts in the shadows, indicating they were surrounded by water. "Is this a fishing harbor?"

"Not sure, but it seems too dark for anything."

Monster kid and Twilight were drawn towards bright text engraved on the walls. The words just barely legible enough for Twilight to encrypt. "The War of Ponies and...Monsters." Her voice uncharacteristically dropped, wavering over each word.

"Why did the ponies attack? Indeed, it seemed that they had nothing to fear. Ponies are unbelievably strong. It would take the soul of nearly every monster just to equal the power of a single pony soul."

"But ponies have one weakness. Ironically, it is the strength of their soul. Its power allows it to persist outside the pony body, even after death. If a monster defeats a pony, they can take their soul. A monster with a pony soul...a horrible beast with unfathomable power." The last picture depicted an indescribable beast.

Silence reeked the air. Not a word spoken from either of the two races.

Monster kid opened their mouth to speak, but was briskly cutoff by Twilight. "....that's interesting..."
"Uh-huh."

"We should...come on, let's go."

"Right."

Monster kid and Twilight boarded a floating piece of driftwood that functioned as the only way to get across the water. Silence, once again, being the usual disease throughout their short trip.

They stepped on the awaiting boardwalks.

*Clank

*CLank

"Hey, you hear that?" Twilight hoarsely whispered.

"All these super tall columns are probably just magnifying some mouse noise or something."

*CLAnk

"No..."

*CLANk

"That's that sound of armor!"

*CLANK

Twilight jerked Monster kid away right as a giant spear lodged into the boardwalk. Monster kid practically squealed. "OH MY GOD! That's Undyne's spear! She actually threw it at us!"

'No! She found us!' Twilight levitated Monster kid, while she ran on the boardwalk.

Spears were everywhere at this point. Bobbing up and down in the water, stuck in between walls, flying over Twilight's head. It wasn't until one particular spear nearly sliced Twilight's head off when she decided she couldn't just run. "Here it goes!"

Right before Undyne's eyes, the pony and Monster kid disappeared in a flash. 'Damn it, she's gone...but she can't be too far!'

Twilight finally let go of Monster kid when they tumbled into a safe haven of familiar steep grass. "Sasn't that spear scene so a-" Monster kid suddenly lifted.

"Hiya Undyne!"

Twilight's heart nearly pounded out of her chest.

'S-she's right behind me!'

Monster kid plopped down soon after and the clanks of metal were few and far in between. "Yo, did you see that?! She...she touched me! I'm never washing my face ever again!"

"Yeah that was, uh, fun." Though her color drained face told another story.

"Man, you're so unlucky if you were just standing a little bit to the left then she would've totally got you!"

"...yeah."

Author's Note:

I'll be keeping Monster kid around Twi for a while, or something