• Published 15th Nov 2015
  • 15,611 Views, 613 Comments

Silent Night - cerealkiller78



It’s the Christmas season, and all are at home with their families..except one. Labeling her as a scapegoat during the Anon-a-miss incident, a number of students have abducted Sunset, intending to make her pay.(branchoff from Dainn's "Anon-a-Miss")

  • ...
30
 613
 15,611

Chapter 15

A parental reaction is a dangerous, and often destructive force that one should not take lightly.

If you come across a cute bear cub, and decide to play with it, with no intent to do it harm whatsoever, you would get the exact same parental reaction from the mother bear as someone who meant to do it harm. You would get mauled.

If you tried playing with a chick who's mother was nearby, the parental reaction would be an angry peck.

If you have a lion and a tiger cub get into a fight, and the lion cub gets injured, the mother would then kill the tiger cub, which would prompt the father tiger to get into a fight with the mother lion, and an all out battle would ensue, unless the lion cub stood in between the two as a peacemaker.

If you equate the lion cub to Sunset Shimmer, and the tiger cub to the students of CHS, then you can easily see that the mother lion would be Princess Celestia, while the tiger father would be theoutraged parents of the CHS students who were currently in Canterlot, Equestria.

Three days had passed since the students who were responsible for what had happened to Sunset, had been transported to Equestria, and understandably, the parents and families of said students were now anxious and worried after having learned from baffled police officers that their children were now missing.

Knowing CHS' reputation for magical phenomena, Principal Celestia was now being bombarded with angry phone calls demanding they know what happened to their children.

It had gotten so bad, she had disconnected her landline, and changed her cell, so that only Luna would know how to contact her.

Each passing day boosted her confidence to just quit her job as Principal, before she would have to go back there after the winter break.
..............................

Christmas came and went, with nothing to celebrate or be happy about... Nothing except the fact that Sunset was slowly becoming more coherent with each passing day. For Twilight....that was enough.

She and Spike went to the hospital everyday, encouraging Sunset to use her voice as much as she could. Each day saw improvement.

Soon, a full ten days passed since the attack, and New Years once again saw Twilight and Spike inside the hospital room with Sunset. The other four girls had tried coming to see Sunset since, but there was such a poisonous feel to the air with Twilight and the girls being in the same room together for so long, eventually, they had given up coming. It was clear Twilight did not want them there.

"Twi..." Sunset began, sounding a little unsure of herself. "Did...Dash help set me up?.."

There was a long silence. Finally, Twilight sighed.

"...How did you know?.." Twilight asked quietly.

"...Gilda told me." She whispered. "...More like used it as a means to mock me."

Twilight felt her hands clench in anger. She felt like she could murder Gilda.

"I just...was hoping that maybe she had lied about it..." Sunset sounded so weak, so broken...

"Sunset..." Twilight said quietly. "Don't even think about them."

Sunset gulped as she felt tears sting her eyes. "They're all I'm going to be able to think about for a long time Twi... and even if I can ever forget...I've got a constant reminder branded into me." She finished bitterly. Neither of them said anything more for a long time after that.

"...That may be true Sunset..." Twilight spoke again. "But I assure you, you will never have to worry about them again."

Sunset gave a bitter chuckle. "I'm sure...But it's more the fact that I even had to worry about them in the first place..."

"They'll get what they deserve." Twilight assured, in a surprisingly hostile voice.

Sunset looked at Twilight, a bit surprised. Twilight gave her a knowing smirk, lowering her voice.

"They are currently in the Canterlot dungeon..." She said quietly.

"You...brought them to Equestria?" Sunset asked, surprised.

"We figured it would be more appropriate to bring them there, to Equestria, to serve a proper sentence." Twilight explained.

"Define..."Proper sentence"..." Sunset was growing increasingly worried. She didn't like where this was going.

"Well, Celestia figured 75 years in the dungeon, and then being trapped in stone for another thousand years would be a good start..."

Sunset couldn't believe how nonchalantly Twilight was talking about this.

"And...how did their families react to learning of all this?.."

Twilight frowned. "Sunset, we didn't exactly go around asking the families for permission to do this."

"Ok...well, how often do you send them back to see their families?"

Twilight cocked her head. "Sunset, they don't go back. Ever."

"Excuse me?...You don't let them visit their families? Or rather, have their families visit them?.."

"No Sunset, they are there to stay."

"That...That doesn't seem right..."

"Of course it is! This is justice!" Twilight argued.

"Twilight..." Sunset sighed. "Was it really justice you were seeking when you and Celestia took them over there without a care in the world of their families?"

"I really wasn't thinking too much of their families at all, as much as I was about those who actually did this themselves!"

Twilight's voice went down to barely above a whisper.

"They tried tokill you Sunset...They deserve this. Why would you even try arguing their case?"

"Two wrongs don't make a right Twilight."

"This is justice!" Twilight insisted.

"This is not justice Twilight. You and Celestia ripped thirty people from their families with no intention of ever letting them go back to visit or anything. You have as good as kidnapped them from their own world and families...This is not justice...This is revenge." She put her head down.

"...And I've seen firsthand what a vengeful attitude can do..." She looked back up at Twilight.

"Send them back..." She said quietly.

"I...What?" Twilight was utterly confused.

"Send them back Twilight. Back to their own world...back here."

"...But-"

"I won't have another friend being corrupted. By the sounds of it, both you, and Celestia are going down the same path Rainbow did."

"I...What about their sentence?"

"This world has a judicial system too Twilight."

"But...it would only be ten to twenty years in jail!"

"So let it be ten to twenty years... At least it would be dealt in a fair way, without biase."

"Biase?? Do you forget what they did???" Twilight cried.

There was a pause, before Sunset slowly put her hand to her cheek, over the brand mark.

"No..." She whispered. "And I never will..." She looked back at Twilight.

"This is what I want Twi..." There was a long pause, before Twilight finally sighed.

"Alright...Alright Sunset, if that is what you really want... then I will respect that."

"It is Twi..." A thought suddenly occured to her.

"Twi...Is Dash there too?"

"...Yes..."

"When you send them back, I want to speak with her."

"...Alright." There was another long silence.

"Do...Do you know who Anon-A-Miss actually turned out to be?.."

Twilight took a deep breath.

"...It was Applebloom, Sweetiebelle, and Scootaloo..." She whispered.

Sunset slowly nodded, her suspicions confirmed.

"...I want to speak with them too."